Re: someone please make the case

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      Hey Larry,

      Thanks for responding.
      Deborah

      > Diana, Larry, Raymon,
      >
      > Do you all feel convinced that Peter Staudenmeier has made a solid
      > case for Rudolf Steiner as anti-Semitic or racist? Could one or all
      > of you please sum up what this case consists of and what is the
      data
      > that backs it up?
      >
      > Thanks,

      Deborah

      I don't know what his case is, because I get bored very quickly
      whenever I begin to try to think about the issue. Of racism. On the
      Jewish issue, apart from whatever P.S.'s case might be (I'm not sure
      what it is, I wasn't paying close attention, and I didn't go scouring
      around the back postings and the Internet to find out), something
      could be thrown together, but it would be just my ideas and I
      wouldn't back it up with data, ugh data. I really guess that you
      would come up with much the same thing as I would, Steiner says
      Judaism/Jewishness is obsolete and the world would be better off if
      they would quit being so Jewish. Which starts off sounding like
      something, but then he would say that about Bulgarians, and Japanese,
      and Anglo-Saxons, so it really doesn't amount to anything, it's anti-
      ethnicity rather than anti-Semitic, the Jews probably get referred to
      more often because of the historical context Christianity occurred
      in, and you've noticed he's talking about Christianity all the time.
      I think that was it, my case for Steiner as anti-Semitic, it seems to
      just crumble,
      sorry.

      Larry