WC Goes Global

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      Pete K, not content with annoying California, is out to spread the word to the UK. However, though he wouldn't notice, believing that he's got an 'anthroposophist in meltdown', the UK doesn't want his kind of atheist preaching. Mike, the 'anthroposophist' in question, tells him where to go go:

      "Pete, cant you get it through your thick concrete cranium that some parents completely understand what Waldorf schools are about and still want it for their children? Some of us believe in spiritualism. Some of us believe in Steiners clairvoyance. Why dont you piss off and leave us alone? Its not like im picketing outside state schools handing out leaflets as to why the school sucks, even though I'm convinced state schools do indeed suck. Its not my business. But yet, you and your concrete headed crusaders seem to think you have the right to "educate" parents, even though large portions of these parents don't want your education.

      You talk as if all children who go to state schools come out with a solid education. What planet do you live on? A large chunk of state school children come out with zero ability and skills… apart from how to be a braindead consumer. These are schools that are funded by the state. But for the purposes of your own agenda, you elevate these schools to some kind of educational utopia, thus creating an unfavourable ( and false ) context to back up your ramblings about Waldorf schools.

      Its utter rubbish. I'm so glad you and those PLANS idiots live far far away from me.

      Just go away and concentrate on improving your relationship with your own children instead of trying to blame a school for your crap parenting skills.

      And before you come back with one of your cookie cutter responses, I've already got a response ready:-.

      ZZZZzzzzzzz"

      Pete responds by claiming that the taxes we pay are *his*:

      "But yet, you and your concrete headed crusaders seem to think you have the right to "educate" parents, even though large portions of these parents don't want your education."

      Just OUR MONEY!"

      This was his response to my argument showing that the 'state's' money is ours, we individuals supply most of it -when confronted with reason that conflicts with his prejudice, he ignores it.

      Mike provides an interesting rebuttal to one of the Karaiskosian 'cookie cutter responses' on racism:

      "- Apparently, Steiner school are based on racist teachings… and yet, the reality is that Steiner schools today, are just as multicultural as any other private schools within the same vicinity. ( My sons class is 1 x Irish/Greek. 2 x Indian. 1 x German. 1 x Israli/Icelandic. 1 x African/English. 3 x English. There is no racism between the actual pupils. They don't even notice they are different in any way."

      Alicia's unable to simply accept his characterisation:

      "Might I suggest that one reason your son's class is fairly well-functioning is that he must be in a very small steiner school? 9 pupils in a class, jeez."

      He continues with an account of Darwin's racism and sexism:

      ""Pete Karaiskos calls Steiners 100 year old writings racist. Here are some quotes from Charles Darwin teachings. Remember, the theory of evolution is one of the topics Pete thinks *should* be taught in our schools:

      "The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shewn by man's attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than can woman—whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands. If two lists were made of the most eminent men and women in poetry, painting, sculpture, music (inclusive both of composition and performance), history, science, and philosophy, with half-a-dozen names under each subject, the two lists would not bear comparison. We may also infer, from the law of the deviation from averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on `Hereditary Genius,' that if men are capable of a decided pre-eminence over women in many subjects, the average of mental power in man must be above that of woman."

      "Lastly, I could show fight [vigorously advocate] on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilisation than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago, of being overwhelmed by the Turks, and how ridiculous such an idea now is! The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilised races throughout the world."

      "At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes, as Professor Schaaffhausen has remarked, will no doubt be exterminated. The break [between humans and non-humans] will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the negro or Australian [aboriginal] and the gorilla."

      So…

      Why does the same not apply? If tiny sections of Steiner's original writings can be used, today, as "evidence" ( lol ) the the modern Waldorf system is fundamentally racist, then can we not use Darwins ancient writings to write off any modern institution supporting his teachings as sexist and racist? Of course not. That would be ridiculous, right?

      I know some of you will come along an try and write something long winded and clever. No doubt shifting the focus from racism to the rest of Steiners writings… but I wont be here to read it. Because I've finally realised who the quacks really are."

      He finds a new image for Pete as a (skeptic) super-hero:

      "Pete K: Is the theory of evolution what I proposed be taught – or did I propose Darwin's ideas about the races should be taught?"

      This deserves posting twice, such is its absurdity.

      I posted two comments way up, that if read out of context, sound like Steiner is calling whites an inferior race. You ignored them completely and keep coming back with your own out of context quotes suggesting whites are superior. You will not even acknowledge anything Steiner wrote that goes against your propaganda. Utterly pointless engaging with you.

      Pete, you should get yourself a costume made up. An emblem? Maybe a cape…. and a sword or staff of something? It would look great while you stand up there on your pedestal shouting lots scary warnings to passers by.

      "Be warned fragile brainwashed know-nothing parents. I am Karaiskos! Bringer of truth and enlightenment. Hear my words!"
      …ZZZZzzzzzzz

      http://www.quackometer.net/blog/2012/02/frome-steiner-academy-absurd-educational-quackery.html

      T.

      Ted Wrinch