Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Seeking Sophia/Soloviev

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 30 9:39 PM
      Bradford:
      I hardly see the work done by those who claim
      > to be so
      > passionate about Sophia showing any signs that they
      > grasp the extent
      > of who and what Sophia does.

      But She wants to hear your song Bradford. It is never
      enough that we share her with others we must also
      share her with ourselves. All that you have written
      below is great but it is not a song. What does your
      heart know of Sophia? What do you feel about her? Why
      do you feel the way you do about her? What in you
      aches to experience her, to know her, to see her.

      We can look at her from the standpoint you offer and
      this leads us but we need to 'hear' of her through the
      hearts that have experienced her. It will lead us to
      our intuitions of her and it is there she will meet
      us. And we shall know her as she knows us. We shall be
      within the Godhead, the Womb when we meet. The rest
      will fall in place as we seek her with words.

      Love, d

    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2004
        dottie zold wrote:

        She wants to hear your song Bradford. It is never
        > enough that we share her with others we must also
        > share her with ourselves. All that you have written
        > below is great but it is not a song. What does your
        > heart know of Sophia? What do you feel about her? Why
        > do you feel the way you do about her? What in you
        > aches to experience her, to know her, to see her.

        Dottie;

        Sometimes you press the patience of Job. I consider this gas balloon
        of feeling life, unpenetrated by Michael thought, swirling in a
        Burka of dervish Godhead reverie, nothing to do with the grounded
        nature of Spiritual Science. I don't expect I am worthy for personal
        interviews with the godhead. Let me express it bluntly. Not one of
        us here is worthy of getting personal interviews with the godhead.
        Steiner has presented the facts of why this so and with these fact
        we should be able to pin-point our own developmental positions. It
        is called Self Knowledge.

        Thinking - Feeling and Willing are a trinity. When presented with a
        massive download of Russian research and insights, this is all you
        can add to it.. Feel Sophia inside you? You don't even know what
        this feeling is. For you it has swirled around Magadalene as the
        true Core of Reality, as the one the Father truly loves and Christ
        adores more than others because of her sterling feeling life. And I
        happen to love Magdalene's myth and more connect this to the
        greatness of Corelli.

        If you have followed Frank's wonderful translation of Myriam, such a
        gutsy fighter, certainly, must past through many trials of soul
        before she can Swirl in Divine Sentimentality. For by then, it is
        not sentimentality it is awakened organs of perception that link
        Feeling with the Endocrine system. The topic of Aphrodite and the
        Endocrine system has been presented over and over again even in
        relation to Seeing Venus, in the Christian Rosenkreuz mystery. It
        has been avoided just as many times. Read my lips. Endocrine system.

        Pineal and Pituitary endorphins and swirly feelings with out
        directed conscious intuition is not Michael School method. Thought
        leads feeling that is POF 101. God doesn't come down, this over used
        phrase by every fundie, god doesn't come down and talk to you or
        George Bush. Angel can do this and so can your higher being. I
        mentioned recently that the Angels are working feverishling against
        the Ahrimanic Deception... good grief. Standing before such a
        lecture like "The Angels Work in the Astral body of Man" or
        following the participation of the Angel in placing a human soul in
        Language and Nurturing, Mothering, and Nurturing the Child through
        their destiny...Angel-Angel-Angel.

        To actually hear what you refuse to hear over and over again is that
        for Christ to bear the Father God, he was terribly alone as his
        entire bone system was infused, as the Seraphim, Cherubim and
        Thrones shivered their fire into the prepared condition of TWO GREAT
        INITIATES and an ELOHIM. That ain't us. Let's get real around here.

        Holy Ghost, as well as ANGEL-Archangel-Archai is a part of those
        Tongues of inspired flame you are hoping will leap out of poets
        hearts and minds, the minute you mention that you are the true flame
        of Sophia on Earth.

        So, am I totally off base in my grasp of how you or my wife, Susan
        Riley were the torch bearers of Sophia on planet Earth? Because, as
        you know, I am the demented poets torch bearer on Earth for demented
        cast aways of the Michael School. So we really need to compare notes
        here. Lets ask Mike our resident shrink? He is used to handling
        tough cases, his own biography has been a tough case, but I do
        admire his realism.
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1, 2004
          Bradford:
          > So, am I totally off base in my grasp of how you or my wife, Susan
          > Riley were the torch bearers of Sophia on planet Earth? Because, as
          > you know, I am the demented poets torch bearer on Earth for
          demented
          > cast aways of the Michael School. So we really need to compare
          notes
          > here.

          Oh Bradford.......... you are totally off base with how I am thinking
          and feeling on this subject. And I guess the email way of
          communicating has a lot to do with it. But that is okay. I am not a
          torch bearer of Sophia rather I am a lover of Sophia. I am thinking
          through my questioning of 'share me a song of Sophia' I will find
          others who have experienced her and my soul will light up with even
          more hope as the fire spreads.

          Your post regarding my experience of Magdalene is way off as well as
          my experience of why her relationship was special to Christ. I mean
          it had to be, there is no way around it but that is another point and
          post. And, Bradford, you have no idea what the capacity is of the
          people you are interacting with on line. You may claim for yourself
          the things you project ontowards me, not meaning that in a negative
          manner, but that is your story and not mine. You don't think one can
          intuit/feel/experience the Godhead? What do you think happens when
          you are meditating on the Doctors verses? Or rather what do you
          imagine can happen? It is not an all or nothing point Brad, rather it
          is an ongoing stream that weaves throughout all of incarnations.

          I shall look to the points you bring up after my walk but I have to
          say it reminds me of the fundies and their claim to be low life
          sinners. Well, I say to them, 'go ahead' and I shall recognize my
          birthright as a child of God'. So, if you are judging what you think
          would show one is capable of doing or experiencing or knowing a thing
          you make a huge mistake.

          Till later,
          Dottie

          p.s. Why would it be so hard for you, oh great poet of Michael, to
          sing a song of Sophia? Are you denying my experience while not having
          any of your own? The patience of Job has naught to do with it rather
          I am asking you to get real. And your dancing around the subject
          versus singing your song speaks volumes. Words sometimes get in the
          way of allowing us to experience a thing. We are good talking about
          it but what about experiencing it?

          psst. and towards the Myriam remark, I shall give you a pass. Maybe.
          Message 4 of 20 , May 1, 2004
            Bradford:
            > Sometimes you press the patience of Job.

            I agree. Yet, I feel compelled to call Sophia's voice forward from
            those who have experienced Her Essense. (I like caps, again)

            Bradford:
            I consider this gas balloon
            > of feeling life, unpenetrated by Michael thought, swirling in a
            > Burka of dervish Godhead reverie, nothing to do with the grounded
            > nature of Spiritual Science.

            And that is fine. But if you knew Sophia like I know Sophia, a song
            in there somewhere:) you would know it has to do directly with the
            streams of Gnostics, Rosicruicians, Anthroposophia specifically. And
            Michael, being the mightiest son of Sophia, according to Mr.
            Prokofieff, mediates this offering in possibly the same manner as was
            when He was the countanence of the OT and that of the NT. I like the
            trio of ChristMichaelSophia and that is how I experience them almost
            as One in a sense.

            And if we look at this oneness it seems, and I am not sure I
            completely can state it from Dr.Steiners Isis Sophia Maria book, it
            it because they come from the same lineage of the star the Gnostics
            were able to experience. If we completely get past the historic
            aspects of the Golgatha event and contemplate on that which was
            before the beginning Dr. Steiner says we come to a star and from this
            star is the lineage of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit and Sophia.

            I am of the Gnostic stream Bradford as was Jacob Boehme, Soliviev and
            others. I do not only get the physical word of it, although I am not
            able to express it back to you, but I get the beginningness and that
            is why I am at home in left field so to speak. My intuitions lead
            directly to the spirit connections and I 'feel' them or experience
            them. And it is not like you, and it is not better than you but it is
            different than your way. I am learning to get it your way are you
            learning to get it my way? I ask as you are committed that one can
            not experience the Godhead and Sophia and so forth, yet you are aware
            that we are working towards Spirit Man. No matter how far off this
            may be the seeds have been sown and are sprouting here and there. Not
            just in words but also in Intuition and Inspiration.

            Bradford:
            I don't expect I am worthy for personal
            > interviews with the godhead.

            It's not an interview Bradford. It's an experience without words
            without thought just love and bliss. So much so that ones body caves
            in almost as this happens or at least it seems to as the body does
            not seem capable of handling that kind of bliss, almost as if the
            spirit must leave it in order for the vibration or whatever it is
            that happens to it. I don't think the spirit can stay in the body and
            experience the Godhead. So no interview.

            Bradford:
            Let me express it bluntly. Not one of
            > us here is worthy of getting personal interviews with the godhead.

            No interviews.

            Bradford:
            > Steiner has presented the facts of why this so and with these fact
            > we should be able to pin-point our own developmental positions. It
            > is called Self Knowledge.

            And it is different for each of us. Although those on a similar path
            will experience possibly similar moments of recognition. Are you
            saying that Dr. Steiner says all of us are unable to experience
            living within the Godhead? As well can you please direct me towards
            the lecture where he speaks of such a thing. I realize we are
            watching out for deception and so forth and must always however this
            does not negate the experiences of those that have experienced this.
            It almost reminds me of my born again Christian friends who say that
            any vision or inspiration I came across must be from the devil,
            deception, as only certain people, particulary Priests of the church.
            Male priests.

            Bradford:
            Feel Sophia inside you? You don't even know what this feeling is.

            Actually Bradford, it is you who has no idea what this feeling is or
            you would have recognized it within me. You did not and do not. And
            you do not even think it possible. How do you suppose she can enter
            into the recesses of your heart when you deny Her so? It is not
            possible. She will keep walking the streets looking in vein for those
            who dare to have a real relationship with her.

            Not only do I know this feeling, I have seen Her. And it is the most
            awespiring vision one can have just about. It is exactly as Deborah
            posted earlier. I posted about it at the Ark a few years back. Which
            is interesting for me as I read your posts on different points of
            Soliviev and so forth as I came to this a few years back. I was not
            able to put it in words but come to it I did. I almost feel as if I
            am watching the world catch up to what I found while seeking abouts
            the Ark.

            Bradford:
            For you it has swirled around Magadalene as the true Core of Reality,

            Bradford, it is the stream Magdalene represents. And you should know
            that by now with all your talk. Mabye if you decided to sense into
            Magdalene versus talking about her and explicating her you might
            understand and then if you are open enough she leads you to Sophia.

            She is the daughter representation of Sophia. She is the
            representative of Anthroposophia no matter how backwards that may
            sound. And if you look to see you will know of what I speak. She is
            not soley the Virgin Mother or Mother Mary. She is the three in one
            and Magdalene is included in this. I can not do anything to make it
            so, it is by itself. And a further mystery shall show itself before I
            pass from this life. I do not know by whom but I know it will be
            told.

            And she is not core, she is of the trinity. She is a part of the
            core. Just as Jesus was inhabited so was Magdalene.

            Bradford:
            as the one the Father truly loves and Christ
            > adores more than others because of her sterling feeling life.

            Wrong. The Father loves all. The Father isn't even anyway in the
            manner you speak. I do not say the Father loved her more than the
            others. I say Jesus loved her more than the others and it is clear in
            the Nag Hammadi. And it is not like a love as we experience rather it
            is a love because she understood Him not because of any other thing.
            The love was unto the enlightment not the physical kind of love. The
            kiss was the sharing of knowledge not the physical kiss. Would you
            deny that she knew more than the others? Can you? Who knew more in
            your mind? And no it was not a Lazarus. And she knew before even a
            Lazarus was spoken of.

            Bradford:
            And I
            > happen to love Magdalene's myth and more connect this to the
            > greatness of Corelli.

            It is not a myth it is a happening.

            Bradford:
            > If you have followed Frank's wonderful translation of Myriam, such
            > gutsy fighter, certainly, must past through many trials of soul
            > before she can Swirl in Divine Sentimentality.

            What is Divine Sentimentality? And of course, just like
            the 'stepmother' or as the stepmother, she brought these from the
            lives past and transformed them at this particular point in time. And
            in all actuallity I believe they were already transformed before this
            particular point in time. That it was a living out for the witnessing
            of the Christs descent.

            Bradford:
            It has been avoided just as many times. Read my lips. Endocrine
            system.

            Bradford, I don't understand your point on this. Maybe others do and
            then I would wonder if they did why they did not say something.

            Bradford:
            > Pineal and Pituitary endorphins and swirly feelings with out
            > directed conscious intuition is not Michael School method.

            If you are referring to me and this 'swirly feeling' thing I have to
            say this is not my experience. It is very grounded. It was denied
            many times till I finally came to understand what was happening and
            was able to see how it was all laying out before me, including
            Christian Rosenkrutz. And I am watching it little by little come
            together.

            And I care not a whit for our understandings of Michael School method
            as if you are the say all be all to this point. Michael works in many
            ways and his ways are not our ways. You would have no idea with whom
            he works and how. I care not a whit for your claims on this.

            And now I ask for your Michael experiences Bradford. For one who
            writes much I ask very little. Just look inside your heart and bring
            them out. And if you come back to me one more time with 'oh your
            swirly dervish fishy whatever I will say again your silence speaks
            tomes.

            Bradford:
            Thought
            > leads feeling that is POF 101.

            And what lead thought Bradford? What is it that leads thought? Whose
            are we Bradford? Whose?

            Bradford:
            God doesn't come down, this over used
            > phrase by every fundie, god doesn't come down and talk to you or
            > George Bush.

            God manifests Itself all the time. Messages are sent and are seen
            everywhere by those who can see them and hear them. Even Christ says
            for those who have ears to hear, hear ye, and those who have eyes to
            see, see ye. God does speak to us Bradford even through the ants in
            Hindu literature. We are not speaking of 'Dottie, stop picking on
            Peter and Tarjei'. So, if this is what you are envisioning of my
            meaning you are not correct.

            Bradford:
            > mentioned recently that the Angels are working feverishling against
            > the Ahrimanic Deception... good grief.

            Yeah yea yeah Bradford. Me and Ahriman are hanging out together with
            Sophia and Michael having a few buds.(beer) You sound just like a
            fundie with the judgement on who can have the Sophia experience and
            God experience. Christ JEsus told us we are children of God and he is
            our Father. And my take is the body aspect but then again I know that
            gets me in trouble but the Doctor alludes to this as well if not
            coming straight out and saying it.

            Ahriman is not hanging out in my house Bradford. It seems you are the
            one who went and bought the lie that you can not have these
            experiences I am talking about. Hmmm.

            Bradford:
            Standing before such a
            > lecture like "The Angels Work in the Astral body of Man" or
            > following the participation of the Angel in placing a human soul in
            > Language and Nurturing, Mothering, and Nurturing the Child through
            > their destiny...Angel-Angel-Angel.

            And who is the Angel working for Brad? Anyone we know? Whew.

            Bradford:
            > To actually hear what you refuse to hear over and over again is
            that
            > for Christ to bear the Father God, he was terribly alone as his
            > entire bone system was infused, as the Seraphim, Cherubim and
            > Thrones shivered their fire into the prepared condition of TWO
            GREAT
            > INITIATES and an ELOHIM.

            What the hell are you talking about? I won't hear this? Says who?

            Bradford:
            That ain't us. Let's get real around here.

            Yup, your a fundie of a different nature it seems. You will block the
            door but not enter. Go through the door Brad experience your
            birthright as a child of God.

            Bradford:
            > Holy Ghost, as well as ANGEL-Archangel-Archai is a part of those
            > Tongues of inspired flame you are hoping will leap out of poets
            > hearts and minds, the minute you mention that you are the true
            flame
            > of Sophia on Earth.

            Nope. Not it. I was just wanting to inspire you to share your Sophia
            experience so we could meet one another. That's all. I melt when I
            hear others who speak on her.

            And I do not really know what you mean by saying 'one is a true flame
            of Sophia'...what do you mean by this. Do you think I am claiming I
            am one with Sophia or whathave you? I am in the service of Michael,
            Brad, and Christ. It is Sophia I am seeking in consequence of this. I
            found Christ, Michael and now Sophia. It just deepens my life and
            allows me to keep deepening it and hopefully till the time it is for
            me to go back home.

            Bradford:
            Lets ask Mike our resident shrink? He is used to handling
            > tough cases, his own biography has been a tough case, but I do
            > admire his realism.

            Hmm. Do you know my biography Bradford? And if you did or even take
            in a few of the things I mentioned on the Ark you would have a pretty
            good idea how it is that Christ came to me and why it is that I am
            able to experience Him in the manner I have shared before. I am that
            reverent child that Dr. Steiner speaks of in How To Know Higher
            Worlds. He spoke my life experiences as that which is needed to
            experience the higher worlds. I have not experienced the higher
            worlds per se, I have however experienced Christ Michael and Sophia.

            Message 5 of 20 , May 2, 2004
              Bradford:
              > > Sometimes you press the patience of Job.

              Dear Braford, last night I could not find a way to express why it was
              that I continue to press the question at times. And this morning I
              remembered the 'feeling' of when I first posed the question: I
              experienced a longing for Sophia to 'experience' our seeking Her out.
              It became a sob in my throat to show Her our love and in that I asked
              the question.

              I remember being on the Ark and experiencing Her there, and, Her
              almost seeking others out. And at times I would almost feel like I
              had the biggest secret in the whole world that wanted to be shared.
              But there were no takers. Well, that is wrong, there was Harvey,
              Catherine, Danny and Charlie for the most part and Stevie Zimm. And
              for the most part I did not know how to express it. It was Catherine
              that was able to slowly encourage it out of me. I mean I did not even
              know that Dr. STeiners group was the initiative for this Sophia: the
              hope of the world. I remember Catherine asking the question of our
              Angel of sorts or maybe it was Jerry but the point was the discussion
              of whom we felt guided America or even the Arks existance. I recall
              Catherines comments about her Angel in a sense and I remember this
              distinct feeling it was Sophia, and I did not even know Her then. But
              the beauty of what Catherine brought was that I realized I did indeed
              have this connection with this Sophia, whatever she has to do with
              Dr. STeiner,but I did not understand it until she fully showed
              herself to me. And whoa that is a big one. But She is still a small
              one in the Anthroposophic stream it seems so far. Maybe it's because,
              as a few people have mentioned, this is not the time. But that is not
              true for all of us.

              So, it was with a longing from within me to share with Sophia how
              much we love Her and seek Her. It wasn't about showing 'hey I am a
              flame or whathave you of Sophia, it was for Her. But I guess you did
              not get that.

              Dottie
            • Jo Ann Schwartz
              Message 6 of 20 , May 2, 2004
                --- Bradford wrote:
                > I don't expect I am worthy for personal
                > interviews with the godhead. Let me express it bluntly. Not one of
                > us here is worthy of getting personal interviews with the godhead.
                > Steiner has presented the facts of why this so and with these fact
                > we should be able to pin-point our own developmental positions. It
                > is called Self Knowledge.

                Dear Bradford,

                Well, no doubt you are correct, sir. There is "[n]ot one of us here worthy of
                getting personal interviews with the godhead."

                And yet...
                And yet....

                Is there no room in your spiritual science for the mystery of Grace?

                In wonder,
                JoAnn

              • holderlin66
                Message 7 of 20 , May 2, 2004
                  Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:

                  > Is there no room in your spiritual science for the mystery of
                  Grace?

                  > In wonder,
                  > JoAnn

                  Well as my dear brother, "Bruce Almighty" said to George Burns, "say
                  Good Night Gracie". Great Gracie was at bat, Michael School 3;
                  Legion 23: It was the 5th Inning and Gracie came to bat. Infield
                  hits, bunts, and too many outs, nobody on base. I always liked the
                  underdawgs. Well if we see our team work shared over the globe, with
                  our shabby little RS hats, old mitts, worn out cleats..I guess it's
                  the only team I would root for. But then I'm a Lord of the Rings
                  fan.

                  While our fully funded flashy Corporate opponents all look like
                  Cheshire cats: Say, JoAnn, just thinking outloud here, if we had
                  roughly 700 semi-functioning Waldorf Schools and various other
                  Anthro works over the globe, what do we think the estimated budgets
                  of all those striving works amount to in relation to, let say the
                  following examples?

                  700 X $100,000.00 or $200,000.00. Another say, 200 centers, with
                  maybe $25,000.00..What is our rough global budget? Now, who can
                  measure grace against the numbers? I am curious just what the bottom
                  line, might look like. Plus the investment of thousands and
                  thousands of hearts, who with child or hope in hand call out for
                  Divine Aid. Call forth with their incarnation and their children's
                  incarnations, new schools, teachers and salaries.

                  THE OTHER GUYS:

                  "The military-academic complex is merely one of many readily
                  perceptible, but largely ignored, examples of the increasing
                  militarization of American society. While the Pentagon has long
                  sought to exploit and exert influence over civilian cultural
                  institutions, from academia to the entertainment industry, today's
                  massive budgets make its power increasingly irresistible. The
                  Pentagon now has both the money and the muscle to alter the
                  landscape of higher education, to manipulate research agendas, to
                  change the course of curricula and to force schools to play by its
                  rules.

                  Moreover, the military research underway on college campuses across
                  America has very real and dangerous implications for the future. It
                  will enable or enhance imperial adventures in decades to come; it
                  will lead to new lethal technologies to be wielded against peoples
                  across the globe; it will feed a superpower arms race of one, only
                  increasing the already vast military asymmetry between the United
                  States and everyone else; it will make ever-more heavily armed,
                  technologically-equipped, and "up-armored" U.S. war-fighters ever
                  less attractive adversaries and American and allied civilians much
                  more appealing soft targets for America's enemies. None of this,
                  however, enters the realm of debate. Instead, the Pentagon rolls
                  along, doling out money to colleges large and small, expanding and
                  strengthening the military-academic complex, and remaking civilian
                  institutions to suit military desires as if this were but the
                  natural way of the world."

                  "In 1958, the Department of Defense spent an already impressive $91
                  million in support of "academic research." By 1964, the sum had
                  reached $258 million and by 1970, in the midst of the Vietnam War,
                  $266 million. By 2003, however, any of these numbers, or even their
                  $615 million total, was dwarfed by the Pentagon's prime contract
                  awards to just two schools, the Massachusetts Institute of
                  Technology and Johns Hopkins University which, together, raked in a
                  combined total of $842,437,294.

                  War-Making U or U Make War?

                  As it turns out, the military and the Department of Defense (DoD)
                  have an entire system of education and training institutions and
                  organizations of their own, including the many schools of the
                  National Defense University system (NDU): the National War College,
                  the Industrial College of the Armed Forces, the School for National
                  Security Executive Education, the Joint Forces Staff College, and
                  the Information Resources Management College as well as the Defense
                  Acquisition University, the Joint Military Intelligence College --
                  open only to "U.S. citizens in the armed forces and in federal
                  civilian service who hold top secret/SCI (Sensitive Compartmented
                  Information) clearances" -- the Defense Language Institute Foreign
                  Language Center, the Naval Postgraduate School, the Naval War
                  College, Air University, the Air Force Institute of Technology, the
                  Marine Corps University and the Uniformed Services University of the
                  Health Sciences, among others. In fact, scholar Chalmers Johnson has
                  noted in his new book on American militarism, The Sorrows of Empire,
                  that there are approximately 150 military-educational institutions
                  in the U.S.

                  While the service academies train a youthful corps of tomorrow's
                  military officers, enrolled in the schools of the National Defense
                  University are a group of selected commissioned officers, with
                  approximately 20 years of service, and civilian officials from
                  various agencies, including the Department of Defense, who are
                  schooled in a curriculum that emphasizes "the development and
                  implementation of national security strategy and military strategy,
                  mobilization, acquisition, management of resources, information and
                  information technology for national security, and planning for joint
                  and combined operations." Further, good old' NDU sustains the golden-
                  triangle military agencies, the high technology industry, and
                  research universities by "promot[ing] understanding and teamwork
                  among the Armed Forces and between those agencies of the Government
                  and industry that contribute to national security." To this end, the
                  school also opens spots to "industry fellows" from the private
                  sector who, says NDU president and Air Force Lt. Gen. Michael M.
                  Dunn, "bring ideas from industry to the Defense Department."

                  The power of the Pentagon extends beyond an ability to frame or
                  dictate research goals to significant parts of our civilian
                  education establishment. Higher education's dependence on federal
                  dollars empowers the DoD to bend universities ever more easily to
                  its will. For example, as Chalmers Johnson notes, until August 2002,
                  Harvard Law School "managed to bar recruiters for the Judge Advocate
                  General's Corps of the military because qualified students who wish
                  to serve are rejected if they are openly gay, lesbian or bisexual."
                  However, thanks to a quick reinterpretation of federal law, the
                  Pentagon found itself able to threaten Harvard with a loss of all
                  its federal university funding, some $300 billion, if its law school
                  denied access to military recruiters. Unable to fathom life ripped
                  from the federal teat, Harvard caved, ushering in a new era of
                  dwindling academic autonomy and growing military control of the
                  university.

                  The NSA, however, has to share the spotlight with a host of other
                  military, militarized, or intelligence agencies and subagencies when
                  it comes to the military-academic action The credo of the Army
                  Research Laboratory (ARL) in Adelphi, Maryland, for instance,
                  is "delivering science and technology solutions to the warfighter"
                  which it strives to do by "put[ting] the best and brightest to work
                  solving the [Army's] problems" by employing "a variety of funding
                  mechanisms to support and exploit programs at universities and
                  industry." The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) is
                  also high on "University relationships" that provide it with "an
                  excellent recruitment resource for high-caliber graduate and
                  undergraduate students." Its SPAWAR Systems Center in Charleston,
                  S.C, alone, has cooperative agreements with Clemson University, the
                  University of South Carolina, The Citadel, the College of
                  Charleston, Old Dominion University, North Carolina State
                  University, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, the University of Central
                  Florida and North Carolina A & T State University."
                • holderlin66
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 3, 2004
                    God save America ...

                    The race for the White House will be decided by fundagelicals.
                    That's good news for twice-born George Bush

                    John Sutherland
                    Monday May 3, 2004
                    The Guardian

                    The word "fundagelism" has never appeared in the columns of this
                    newspaper. The term is, however, current in the blogosphere - that
                    cyberforum which nowadays carries the most interestingly paranoid
                    political debate. "Fundagelism" is not a word that trips easily off
                    the tongue. It's a crunching together of the even more mouth-
                    boggling compound "fundamentalist evangelism".
                    George W Bush is a fundagelist. Dad wasn't. George H Bush (not
                    renowned for his Wildean wit) delivered his most memorable wisecrack
                    on walking into a room full of fundagelists: "Gee! I'm the only
                    person here that's only been born once."

                    His son is truly twice born, with two dads. Nor are the parents
                    equal in the eyes of their son. The journalist Bob Woodward, as he
                    recalls, asked the current president if he ever turned to the ex-
                    president for help. "Well, no," replied Bush Jr: "He is the wrong
                    father to appeal to for advice. The wrong father to go to, to appeal
                    to in terms of strength. There's a higher father that I appeal to."

                    There are, it is estimated, 90 million evangelical Christians in the
                    US. If they can be mobilised, they will form a rock-solid foundation
                    for November victory for the Republican incumbent. Chads need hang
                    no more.

                    Of course, not all American evangelicals are fundagelicals any more
                    than all Muslims are Islamic extremists. But lukewarm evangelicals
                    (like the Islamists) are more likely to vote for their own kind -
                    even if extremist - than the opposition.

                    What do fundagelicals instinctively oppose? Gay marriage, abortion,
                    gun control, taxes, the UN (and the currently top-rated candidate
                    for anti-Christ, Kofi Annan), withdrawal from Iraq, Michael Moore,
                    Janet Jackson's left breast.

                    What do they believe in? Christian values and the future as foretold
                    in the Book of Revelation. According to a Time Magazine poll (which
                    strains credulity but seems to be valid) 59% of Americans trust that
                    St John's prophecies will be fulfilled - probably during their
                    lifetime. November could be a last opportunity to vote for God's
                    preferred candidate. Iraq (ancient Babylon) figures centrally in the
                    fundagelist vision of things, as does the Rapture, and the imminent
                    mass conversion of the Jews (hence fundagelist-Zionism).

                    The White House has recently been accused of inveighing (via Nasa)
                    against the movie The Day After Tomorrow (out on May 28) because it
                    narrates the wrong apocalypse. One caused by man-made global
                    warming, that is, rather than God's white-hot rage against sinners.
                    The apocalypse depicted in Tim LaHaye's Left Behind books is, we
                    assume, the US government-approved version.

                    Fundagelism presents problems for the Democratic party as it girds
                    itself for the coming campaign. John Kerry is a Catholic. A former
                    altar boy, he is (to the irritation of Catholic bishops) in favour
                    of women's reproductive rights. Last week Naral Pro-Choice America,
                    the country's leading lobby for legal abortion, endorsed Kerry's
                    candidacy.

                    Kerry so-called. Until a couple of years ago, the Democratic front-
                    runner was assumed to be as Boston Irish as his namesake county.
                    Newspaper sleuthing discovered that his paternal grandfather was, in
                    fact, a Czech, Fritz Kohn, who changed his name. Kerry lost
                    relatives in the Holocaust. Race-hate websites nowadays routinely
                    abuse him as "Kerry (Kohn aka Cohen)". Famously, Kerry is a
                    decorated Vietnam war hero who, like Siegfried Sassoon, threw his
                    medals away in disgust at what he came to see as a futile colonial
                    war.

                    Was ever a candidate for the presidency more triangulated? Pro-
                    choice Catholic, Shamrock-Jewish, warrior-pacifist? In any rational
                    contest, to be all things to all voters should be an advantage. But
                    with fundagelism riding high, Kerry looks 110% flip-flop.

                    Last Thursday, the American PBS network ran a programme The Jesus
                    Factor. It made (for Democrats and, dare one say it, democrats)
                    depressing viewing. America, it suggested, is aching for certainty.
                    Any certainty. Fundagelism supplies it. God help America is all I
                    can say."