Our game-show host

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004

      PS writes:

      Thanks for hosting me,

      Peter Staudenmaier

      Mike:

      Well, there you have it.

      Notice he didn't say thanks for the lively conversation, the opportunity to mingle ideas, stretch boundaries, and maybe even learn something. No. Thanks for letting me be a "host" on your show, is the idea that he leaves us with.

      Famous people are often asked to be guest hosts on all the big talk shows. So, in essence, Peter is already claiming is fame here.

      At last his motive is clearly revealed.

      Ozzie Osborne became famous by biting the head off of a bat.

      I think that Peter should host his own game-show, late night, after Letterman. He could call it "smart guys" or something like that.

      Then again, he does pretty well over on the critics list.

      Mike

    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
        Bradford comments;

        Why should Merezhkovsky be part of Michael School research? Because
        Merezhkovsky stands at the very center of the reverberating 1933
        Christ Event and had tuned his soul to its unfolding future
        potential. We are down stream in time. We probably cannot find most
        of his work and this is a tragedy. But in understanding the full
        depth of Spiritual Science we have to approach Julian the Apostate
        with intense interest. Why is that? Because the Mother of Parsifal,
        Herzeloyde put restraints on the budding Parsifal. The mother of
        Parsifal was none other than Julian the Apostate.

        We find the Mother of Herzeloyde in the Grail community. The same
        community of striving that we are part of. In the Karmic insights
        around Herzeloyde we follow the destiny of Herzeloyde as She, became
        He, the famous Tycho De Brahe. Here Mars and Kepler and the Star
        wisdom arise once more from the Heart of Herzeloyde. In studying
        Herzeloyde and the birth of Parsifual we see the extended karma that
        the Angels chose in regards to bringing Parsifal into the realm
        where the new Christianity that Julian the Apostate desired, a
        Cosmic Christianity would arise in her son, Parsifal. It is
        stirring.

        Here the Michael School carries the thread and indeed Steiner as
        Schionatulander, who also lived at the time of Parsifal, was killed
        so Parsifal could unfold is mission. This means that the Goetheanum
        was held back, to become the full body of the Science of the Grail.

        In summary; Lost biographies of such patterns, feelings, soul
        portraits are tragic. Here we find the trail from Julian the
        Apostate; Herzeloyde, Tycho Dr Brahe and we marvel at what
        enrichment of weaving threads lead us as well to the Michael School.

        http://www.asatru.de/fdeathgo.htm

        "Dimitry Sergeyevich Merezhkovsky (1865-1941) wrote THE DEATH OF THE
        GODS (Julian the Apostate) some ninety years ago as the first part
        of a trilogy entitled "Christ and Anti-Christ"; the other two
        novels, appearing several years later, featured Leonardo da Vinci
        and Peter the Great as their protagonists. The purpose of this
        trilogy was to express Merezhkovsky's religious philosophy, a
        synthesis of the pagan celebration of the flesh and the christian
        cult of the spirit which he called "The New Road".

        Merezhkovsky's beautifully written account of the life of Flavius
        Claudius Julianus (331-363), while fiction, closely follows
        historical facts. The religious-philosophical pronouncements of
        Merezhkovsky's Julian are of course colored by the author's own
        beliefs, but they are rousing and wonderful nevertheless; and for a
        supposed pagan-christian synthesis, the emphasis here is strongly on
        the pagan side: the book is a veritable tour de force of exotic
        religious doctrines.

        As THE DEATH OF THE GODS opens, Julian is a young boy exiled in
        Cappodocia, his father and other kin having been murdered 'in the
        name of Christ' by his cousin, the power-hungry Emperor Constantius.
        The boy receives religious instruction in Arian christianity, but
        his soul instinctively recoils in horror at the life-hating gloom
        and doom permeating the dogmatic sect of the "Galilean". By
        contrast, his spirit is refreshed and enthused by studies of the
        ancient Greeks, particularly Homer and Socrates. But hovering above
        all of this is the everpresent threat of death at the hands of a
        hostile ruler, and Julian grows up with this morbid spectre
        constantly in mind.

        This doesn't defeat his fundamental life affirmation, however.
        Visiting an old temple dedicated to Aphrodite, Julian is impressed
        by its joyous simplicity and openness to Nature, so invigoratingly
        different from the claustrophobic miasma of christian ceremony; and
        he has a rapturous religious experience before the beauteous statue
        of love's goddess.

        That ecstacy doesn't last, unfortunately, and Julian becomes a truth-
        seeking young adult, tormented by the mysteries of existence. He
        appeals for enlightenment to his teacher Iamblicus, who propounds a
        pantheistic Neoplatonist gnostic gospel:

        "... God neither cometh nor goeth away - He doth but appear. Behold -
        - there He stands! He is a negation of the world, of everything that
        is. He is naught, -- He is all... It is He who fills the Universe,
        who imbues the very atoms with His breath, who illuminates all
        matter - He, Chaos, an object of terror for the Gods even as the
        evening sun gilds the dark cloud... Over-the eternal ladder of birth
        and death, the souls of all creatures ascend and descend toward Him
        and away from Him. They try to depart from the Father, and can not.

        Every soul would fain be itself God, but in vain; it sorrows after
        the Father's bosom; upon earth it hath no peace; it thirsteth to
        return to the Sole One. We must return to Him, and then all shall be
        God, and God shall be in all... All universes, all stars, and the
        sea... and the earth, and the beasts, and plants and men -- all
        these be Nature's dreams of God... the soul of man is Nature with
        her slumbrous eye-lids opened, awakened, and ready to behold God no
        longer in a dream, but in reality, face to face... There, in the
        kingdom of the eternal Mothers, in the bosom of the Universal Soul,
        are secreted the seeds, the Idea-Form of all that is and has been
        and shall be; there is secreted the Logos-embryo both of the
        grasshopper and of the blade of grass and of an Olympian God... He
        himself is Light. He doth penetrate all the soul and doth transmute
        it into Himself. The soul doth become God, or, to put it better,
        doth but recall that through all the eternity of eternities it hath
        been and shall ever be God. Such, my son, is the Life of the
        Olympians..."

        But these words of wisdom don't fully satisfy Julian; his heart
        still seethes with disquiet, raging at the vulgar christian mobs who
        revel in the downfall of the noble gods. He consults numerous
        philosophers in a desperate search for intellectual and emotional
        fulfillment. Eventually Julian joins a mystery-religion cult, and
        during an hallucinatory initiation rite he has a sou-searing vision
        of christian and pagan archetypes, all appealing for his loyalty.
        The "Hierophant" - a sort of pagan guru - helps Julian to figure it
        all out:

        "Thou mayest put questions."

        "Didst thou summon Him?" uttered Julian.

        "Nay. But when one string of a lyre quivers, another will respond to
        it, opposite answers to opposite."

        "Wherefore, then, is there such might in His words, if they be
        falsehood?"

        "They are truth."

        "What sayest thou? Then the words of the Titan and the Angel are
        falsehood?"

        "They, too, are the truth."

        "Twain truths?"

        "Twain. "

        "Thou tempest me..."

        "Neither myself nor the complete truth is tempting or extraordinary.
        If thou fearest, keep silent."

        "I fear not. Tell all. Are the Galileans right?"

        "Yea. "

        "Wherefore, then, did I make the renunciations?"

        "There is also another truth."

        "A higher?"

        "Nay. The equal of that which thou didst renounce."

        "But what is one to believe in? Is there God?"

        "Both there and here. Serve Ahriman, serve Ormuzd, as thou wilt; but
        remember: both are equal; the Kingdom of the Devil is equal to the
        Kingdom of God."

        "Whither is one to go?"

        "Choose one of the two paths, and halt not."

        "Which?"

        "If thou dost believe in Him, take up the Cross, follow Him, as he
        hath ordained. Be poor in spirit, be chaste, be a lamb without voice
        in the hands of executioners; flee to the desert; give up thy flesh
        and thy spirit to Him; suffer, believe. This is one of the two
        paths: the great martyrs among the Galileans attain the same freedom
        as Prometheus and Lucifer."
        "I do not want it."

        "Then choose thou the other path: be strong and free; pity not, love
        not, forgive not; revolt and vanquish all things; believe not, and
        come to know all things. And the universe shall be thine, and thou
        shall be even as the Titan and the Angel of the Morning Star."

        "I can not forget that in the words of the Galilean there is also
        truth; I can not endure two truths..."

        "If thou canst not, thou shalt be even as all mortals. 'Tis better
        to perish. But thou canst, Dare. Thou shalt be Caesar."

        "I - - Caesar?"

        "Thou shalt have under thy sway that which not even the hero of
        Macedonia had. The Sun, the God Mithra, crowneth thee with his
        purple. 'Tis the purple of Geesar. All is thine. Dare!" "What need
        have I of all, if there be not one sole truth; if there be not God
        whom I seek?" "Find Him. Make one, if thou canst, of the truth of
        the Titan and the truth of the Galilean, and thou shall be the
        greatest of all that are born of women on earth."
      • walkinsnotwelcome
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
          > PS writes:
          >
          > Thanks for hosting me,
          >

          > Peter Staudenmaier
          >
          > Mike:
          >
          > Well, there you have it.
          >
          > Notice he didn't say thanks for the lively conversation, the
          opportunity to mingle ideas, stretch boundaries, and maybe even learn
          something. No. Thanks for letting me be a "host" on your show, is the
          idea that he leaves us with.

          > Famous people are often asked to be guest hosts on all the big
          talk shows. So, in essence, Peter is already claiming is fame here.

          > At last his motive is clearly revealed.

          Mike

          I don't think that's really right, if you're "hosting" him then
          you're acting like hosts do, to a guest. Tonight they've got a guest
          host hosting something, then if it was like that he would have
          said, "Thanks for letting me host you." He was more like a special
          guest
          star.

          Digging into the really big issues, Larry
        • Mike Helsher
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1 7:30 AM
            > > PS writes:
            > >
            > > Thanks for hosting me,
            > >

            > > Peter Staudenmaier
            > >
            > > Mike:
            > >
            > > Well, there you have it.
            > >
            > > Notice he didn't say thanks for the lively conversation, the
            > opportunity to mingle ideas, stretch boundaries, and maybe even learn
            > something. No. Thanks for letting me be a "[guest]" on your show, is the
            > idea that he leaves us with.
            > >
            > > Famous people are often asked to be [guest's] on all the big
            > talk shows. So, in essence, Peter is already claiming is fame here.
            > >
            > > At last his motive is clearly revealed.
            >

            > Mike
            >
            > I don't think that's really right, if you're "hosting" him then
            > you're acting like hosts do, to a guest. Tonight they've got a guest
            > host hosting something, then if it was like that he would have
            > said, "Thanks for letting me host you." He was more like a special
            > guest
            > star.
            >
            > Digging into the really big issues, Larry

            Yeah, I shoulda wrote "Guest" and "Guest's" in the paragraph above, so I
            changed it.

            We could start a new thread with the different meanings and interpretations
            of the words "guest" and "host" in German and English and in different
            context's and see if we could come up with some racism.

            Then we really would be digging into really big issues. :^)

            Thanks for noticing my lack of thought as I was posting on the fly.

            Mike