someone please make the case

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
      Diana, Larry, Raymon,

      Do you all feel convinced that Peter Staudenmeier has made a solid
      case for Rudolf Steiner as anti-Semitic or racist? Could one or all
      of you please sum up what this case consists of and what is the data
      that backs it up?

      Thanks,

      Deborah
    • walkinsnotwelcome
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
        > Diana, Larry, Raymon,
        >
        > Do you all feel convinced that Peter Staudenmeier has made a solid
        > case for Rudolf Steiner as anti-Semitic or racist? Could one or all
        > of you please sum up what this case consists of and what is the
        data
        > that backs it up?
        >
        > Thanks,

        Deborah

        I don't know what his case is, because I get bored very quickly
        whenever I begin to try to think about the issue. Of racism. On the
        Jewish issue, apart from whatever P.S.'s case might be (I'm not sure
        what it is, I wasn't paying close attention, and I didn't go scouring
        around the back postings and the Internet to find out), something
        could be thrown together, but it would be just my ideas and I
        wouldn't back it up with data, ugh data. I really guess that you
        would come up with much the same thing as I would, Steiner says
        Judaism/Jewishness is obsolete and the world would be better off if
        they would quit being so Jewish. Which starts off sounding like
        something, but then he would say that about Bulgarians, and Japanese,
        and Anglo-Saxons, so it really doesn't amount to anything, it's anti-
        ethnicity rather than anti-Semitic, the Jews probably get referred to
        more often because of the historical context Christianity occurred
        in, and you've noticed he's talking about Christianity all the time.
        I think that was it, my case for Steiner as anti-Semitic, it seems to
        just crumble,
        sorry.

        Larry
      • Deborah