Re: Will you ever get a precident you like

  • Myla
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2012
      Thanks; but no thanks, Tarjei.
      Although the job has its perks, such as, quite unlike Barack Obama's, trolling,
      sense of humour, common sense, active thinking, and so on, and no: murdering,
      disastrous economics, basic income despite heavy taxing, and so on, I am not the
      individual for whom you are after.
      You see, Tarjei, it is very rare that I fit-in any settings and with people; I can very much get along in society and social situations but there is something or some-things, or a-lot-of-things about me which turns most people off.

      The very matter of fact that people have no idea of my character, humour, or who I am in the least way, though enough is there to form some sort of concrete opinion, it's very difficult for me to troll, especially when I go to a thread of utilitarians, atheists, materialists, polemic self-righteous ideological dogmatics, and somewhere along any of those lines. I am also in flaw of reading
      people, especially over the internet, and the aforementioned descriptions could very well just be a wrong impression of others.
      My point is sometimes its not worth the constant effort to engage with nebulously-minded people.
      I don't have it in me to spend my time in social confrontations all day.

      As of now, I could only be president of something I individually established.

      So long,
      Myla

> [...]
      > billions (see the AT cover page), so this is a huge responsibility. So
      > why not write us a good opening campaign speech and see how many votes
      > you get? There are so few people voting here right now -- we haven't had
      > a poll in years, not since Dottie created what she called a pole, so
      > this kind of initiative may inspire the subscribers to more active
      > engagement, in spite of the fact that I suspect everybody is much more
      > into Facebook these days -- to Frank's chagrin of course.
      >
      > Tarjei
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Myla" <mylalemaster@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I am sure there is a place for a form of president in smaller type
      > organizations; that all depends on the organization and those who choose
      > him or her. The point is that those voting in such a democracy are
      > qualified to do so and if they do not like the outcome they have the
      > freedom to leave or voice their opinions in an appropriate atmosphere
      > who will be willing to listen.
      > > It is impossible to be president over a large population of humankind,
      > > especially when power is an end and the driving forces are economic
      > and legal control and gain. In such a rigid structure we have
      > today,aforementioned, it's
      > > very nature prevents individual self-hood.
      > > A democracy in which a president is called into power to rule is a
      > profound problem; e.g., because those voting have no right to do so;
      > they are in no way qualified in every sense of the word.
      > >
      > > Ha. I was just seeing how the character and circumstances of some of
      > the people in here were back then. The differences are seen.
      > > I used the search option. In any case, it won't be a recurrent theme
      > for now; it's enough.
      > >
      > > Myla
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" elfuncle@
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Rudolf Steiner was the president of The Founding Vorstand, followed
      > by
      > > > Albert Steffen. I'm not so sure if the Anthroposophical Society
      > still
      > > > has a president. Or maybe they've got a secretary of something or
      > other.
      > > > General Secretary had a familiar sound to it. Such is the nature, I
      > > > guess, of bureaucracy and administration.
      > > >
      > > > I bet you make some people nostalgic by exhuming a thread from
      > December
      > > > 2003 like that, Myla! ;) Let's hope Kim remembers it and is paying
      > > > attention.
      > > >
      > > > Tarjei
      > > >
      > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Myla"
      > <mylalemaster@>

      > one
      > > > that strives for individuals to be self-dependent through
      > > > spiritual-cultural life, as he or she separates politics until it
      > just
      > > > fades away, finally eliminated from our society, into nothingness.

    • ted.wrinch
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 2, 2012
        Swift thought the Portugueses sailor, who represented a judicious blend of both, the best! Though Gulliver had to consort with the horses again when he got back to Blighty as the natives were soooo much like the Yahoos.

        T.

        Ted Wrinch