Re: Will you ever get a precident you like

  • Myla
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2012
      I am sure there is a place for a form of president in smaller type organizations; that all depends on the organization and those who choose him or her. The point is that those voting in such a democracy are qualified to do so and if they do not like the outcome they have the freedom to leave or voice their opinions in an appropriate atmosphere who will be willing to listen.
      It is impossible to be president over a large population of humankind,
      especially when power is an end and the driving forces are economic and legal control and gain. In such a rigid structure we have today,aforementioned, it's
      very nature prevents individual self-hood.
      A democracy in which a president is called into power to rule is a profound problem; e.g., because those voting have no right to do so; they are in no way qualified in every sense of the word.

      Ha. I was just seeing how the character and circumstances of some of the people in here were back then. The differences are seen.
      I used the search option. In any case, it won't be a recurrent theme for now; it's enough.

      Myla

      > Rudolf Steiner was the president of The Founding Vorstand, followed by
      > Albert Steffen. I'm not so sure if the Anthroposophical Society still
      > has a president. Or maybe they've got a secretary of something or other.
      > General Secretary had a familiar sound to it. Such is the nature, I
      > guess, of bureaucracy and administration.
      >
      > I bet you make some people nostalgic by exhuming a thread from December
      > 2003 like that, Myla! ;) Let's hope Kim remembers it and is paying
      > attention.
      >
      > Tarjei
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Myla" <mylalemaster@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Ultimately, no president, whatsoever; at all. However, until then, one
      > that strives for individuals to be self-dependent through
      > spiritual-cultural life, as he or she separates politics until it just
      > fades away, finally eliminated from our society, into nothingness.
      > >
      > > Myla
      > >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Munch Michelsen"
      > KMMConsult@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello everybody
      > > >
      > > > You know, everybody who want's to be precident, want's power!
      > > >
      > > > And the precident has power!
      > > >
      > > > And no spiritual seeker who is right in his/her head want to go for
      > > > precidency!
      > > >
      > > > SO, HOW IS YOUR IDEA OF AN IDEAL PRECIDENT
      > > >
      > > > I have a few keywords (I havent thought it throuh fully, but here is
      > a few)
      > > >
      > > > I don't want any idealist! They can be dangerous as hell.
      > > >
      > > > If he/she is a little lazy it vould be OK, they are to lazy to be
      > fanatical.
      > > >
      > > > He should not be to intelligent, they might get some stupid ideas
      > without
      > > > any relation to the real world.
      > > >
      > > > My primary wish is that he has common sence (which is the same as
      > natural
      > > > wisdom).
      > > >
      > > > That he is good to choose advisors.
      > > >
      > > > And he has guts to do what is necessary, if need be.
      > > >
      > > > What is your dream precident???
      > > >
      > > > Kim

    • ted.wrinch
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 2, 2012
        Swift thought the Portugueses sailor, who represented a judicious blend of both, the best! Though Gulliver had to consort with the horses again when he got back to Blighty as the natives were soooo much like the Yahoos.

        T.

        Ted Wrinch