Re: Executions, Bjørneboe, Orwell, Steiner, Tucker

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
      I wrote:

      > Although the death penalty in the United States is off topic for
      this list,

      Sorry about that. The slightly edited message I posted was
      originally written for a closed list last year, where this subject
      was off-topic. It`s not off-topic here of course.

      Tarjei
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2004
        Tarjei Straume wrote:

        Nothing is worse, in my opinion, than listening to anthroposophist
        who speak about karma and death row convicts getting what they've
        got coming and so on. It's so incompassionate, so out of synch with
        the Christ, and with the spirit of Rudolf Steiner, about whose eyes

        > F.W. Zeylmans van Emmichoven said the following -
        > http://www.uncletaz.com/zeylman.html

        A man who knows that love is there for the paying of debts and
        brings no profit for the future, is a true Christian. To understand
        the nature of love - that is to be a Christian! Theosophy alone,
        Spiritual Science alone, with its teachings of karma and
        reincarnation, can make us into great egoists unless the impulse of
        love, the Christ Impulse, is added; only so can we acquire the power
        to overcome the egoism that may be generated by Spiritual Science.

        This is why it is so important that anthroposophists don't reflect
        about an execution in a manner that accepts it, but in a manner that
        George Orwell did. Orwell was was an atheist, but some of his
        thoughts, and his uncomprimising honesty, put anthroposophists and
        other Christians to shame.

        In an intuitive moment, through the eyes of the artist, he
        discovered the very ugliness and immorality of the death penalty.
        >> We need to express ourselves about things that stir up our sense
        of morals, of justice. I'd like to close this post with a few
        magical words about justice by the eminent American anarchist
        Benjamin R. Tucker, who was hailed by Rudolf Steiner as "the
        greatest champion for freedom of all

        Bradford adds to Tarjei's wonderful Post:
        THE CARAPACE or THE MAKING OF A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW HELL

        When we execute a sinister and psychologically deranged criminal as
        portrayed in Silence of the Lambs, (of which more and more are
        coming) something far worse can be generated, because the psychic
        and intellectual cohesion of the personality does not dissolve with
        mere execution.

        In the case of John Wayne Gacy, a mass murderer from Chicago who
        killed nearly 34 people, a strange and foolish blunder was made in
        the timing of his execution. In May of 1994 at midnight John Wayne
        Gacy was sent through the gate of death by lethal injection. The
        actual passage and expulsion of his soul from a confined body in a
        Chicago prison cell to the release and expansion of the subconscious
        contents of his criminal psychology was timed to a total Eclipse of
        the Sun. It would be interesting to note the trajectory and path of
        the effective eclipse across north America at that time.

        By examining such details and measuring our statistics on criminal
        surges over the next 21 years something could be observed. In any
        case, observing it or not, the dumping of the toxic waste of John
        Wayne Gacy into the cosmic field of a Solar eclipse merely sends the
        toxic waste back, into the psychic structure of seething seeds of
        potential, already latent in the subconscious of living
        personalities here on earth.

        Unhatched intentions and incubating psychic diseases are far less
        lethal when the life force, life sentence, has not terminated the
        criminal. If the life forces, biographically and biologically are
        left over, if the criminal or psychopath has not died of old age, in
        solitary confinement, but is killed with life force still unused,
        the remainder goes to feed incubating psychic disease fields in
        others. If the life forces are still there, then the psychically
        charged, disturbed field seeks another or other hosts. Loki is
        gathering all these dynamic forces that make a new heaven and a new
        hell, as well as the meaning implied on the opposite spectrum of a
        new heaven and a new earth. We have to decide what new heaven and
        what new hell we would rather have. These are some of the decisions
        worth thinking about, when we are faced with Christ or Ahriman.

        By using the spring board of a Solar eclipse, the moon re-ignites
        these unused immoral astral intentions and re-injects them back into
        souls on earth who carry an attraction to similar deeds in their
        already disturbed psychological structures. Parasitical astral
        forces quantum leap up to legion in no time at all. The ugly and
        diseased psychology does not disperse when life force is still
        running, rather, it rains down into already infested psychological
        pockets that are latent in living people. A multiplication of
        psychic criminal inspiration is projected and diffused over a wide
        territorial field. The math and physics of the soul here is called
        Legion, in biblical terms, the swine used by Christ to absorb the
        deadly psychic toxins were pigs.

        If we expel and dislodge the demonic forces, as in the example of
        Christ and the madmen, the force and dynamic does not angle out away
        from the earth, on the contrary, it fuses and leaps back into the
        most receptive field. Using the moon to project it back into the
        psyche is horribly dangerous form of enhancement. When Christ used
        the swine, they buffered the damage of evil and could assist in
        absorption of the negative psychic forces. These demonic
        infestations appear as viral fields in human epidemiology as well as
        tendencies toward dark pathologies. Here lies an amazing clue that
        could be used medically.

        In a TIME magazine cover story of September 12, 1994, titled REVENGE
        OF THE KILLER MICROBES, swine were depicted as an integral part of
        human diseases. "Perhaps the most ominous prospect of all is a
        virulent strain of influenza. Even garden-variety flu can be deadly
        to the very old, the very young and those with weak immune systems.
        But every so often, a highly lethal strain emerges-usually from
        domesticated swine in Asia."

        We have not progressed far enough to allow us to vacuum clean the
        incubating psychic illnesses in individual criminals and guide them
        into a heavy and neutral medium like that of the swine in the
        biblical story. It is wiser for us to consider not killing the
        psychotic infestations that have leached themselves onto the
        bodily/psychic structure of our various killers. It is better that
        they serve life sentences and have their life force dry up, so
        that what they carry may not prematurely find new hosts that are
        readily available in our already sickened society. It might even be
        suggested by means of sympathetic transfer, to inject the blood of
        these criminals into selected herds of swine. These of course would
        not be used for human consummation.

        The maladjusted disturbances from the murders, wars, ethnic
        cleansing and unacknowledged spiritual agony that has left its fatal
        mark in our psychic atmosphere, has a precedent. The initiate
        Algernon Blackwood has something to add to this picture.

        "You do not quite gather what I am driving at; and it is not to be
        expected that you should, for you, I suppose, are the nominal
        Christian with the nominal Christian's lofty standard of ethics, and
        his utter ignorance of spiritual possibilities. Beyond a somewhat
        childish understanding of `spiritual wickedness in high places,' you
        probably have no conception of what is possible once you break down
        the slender gulf that is mercifully fixed between you and that Outer
        World. But my studies and training have taken me far outside these
        orthodox trips, and I have made experiments that I could scarcely
        speak to you about in language that would be intelligible
        to you... I cannot explain to you in a few minutes the nature of such
        things, for you have not made the studies that would enable you to
        follow me; but I have reason to believe that on the dissolution at
        death of a human being, its forces may still persist and continue to
        act in a blind, unconscious fashion. As a rule they speedily
        dissipate themselves, but in the case of a very powerful personality
        they may last a long time... And, in some cases...these forces may
        coalesce with certain non-human entities who thus continue their
        life indefinitely and increase their strength to an unbelievable
        degree. If the original personality was evil, the beings attracted
        to the left-over forces will also be evil... thought is dynamic,
        and that it may call into existence forms and pictures that may well
        exist for hundreds of years. For, not far removed from the region of
        our human life, is another region where floats the waste and drift
        of all the centuries, the limbo of the shells of the dead; a densely
        populated region crammed with horror and abomination of all
        descriptions, and sometimes galvanized into active life again by the
        will of a trained manipulator..."

        Medicine and the Justice system have failed to understand the
        eclipse factor in the moon, nor the full neutral alignment of swine
        biology with human biology. Medicine may view swine as incubators of
        viral factors but they do not link viral factors to borderland
        entities that might gain force from a polluted psyche like that of
        John Wayne Gacy.

        Humanity seems not yet mature enough to consider the escalating
        viral fields and their relation to swine as gateways, doorways or
        neutralizers. Swine are themselves poison absorbers that closely
        resemble the structure of human beings. Blood plasma is still made
        from swine because of the human affinity. The Hebrews abhorred
        eating swine because they knew that they absorbed these intense
        parasitical and viral forces into their systems.

        There certainly is a way through injection, not lethal injection of
        the psychopath, but injection into animals like swine that would re-
        direct the parasitical astral beings into something we can control.
        Contained by something that demons cannot feed off of, that is, an
        active human psyche with immortal potential for damage.

        "When he came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the
        Gadarenes, two men who were possessed by demons came out of the
        tombs and stood in his way. They were exceedingly dangerous, so that
        no one could pass along that road. And see, they called out loudly:
        `What is this power between us and you, Son of God? Have you come
        here to discipline us before the time is fulfilled?' Far from them a
        large herd of pigs was feeding. And the demons begged him `If you
        cast us out, send us into the herd of pigs.' And he said to them:
        `Depart.' And they fled and went into the pigs. And see, the whole
        herd rushed down the steep incline into the sea and perished in the
        waters."

        St. Matthew 8: 28-33

        What has been imprinted into the psychological structure of the
        personality dissolves after death or is condensed. To execute a
        concentrated psychological killer is to spawn forces into the
        subconscious of ten thousand potential serial killers, who, because
        of their affinity of disposition, attract and feed off the diseased
        remains in the psychic field.

        Adolf Hitler was gassed in world war I and suffered near fatal
        illness from the trenches and their unsanitary conditions. What
        incubated in Hitler later went unobserved and hidden for years. His
        example was a viral, biological warfare hazard. We have ten thousand
        of them coming up on us every day, including the Gulf War Syndrome
        victims.

        When we speak of execution and the death penalty, we must be very
        clear what this means. Executing and thereby releasing, through
        their deaths, super-charged viral forces that go rushing towards the
        putrid immune systems and weak psychic structures of individuals,
        amounts to sinister sub-entity invasive virology. This is the reason
        why the death penalty has inherent and ghastly dangers in it. Loki
        and Ahriman thrive off this disturbing population and with our laser
        disc technology we have managed to provide mass produced island
        homes for them. Devachan forces are eroding while we slowly suck
        down the light which belongs to a much greater mystery. Hell can
        truly be sucked down onto Earth and earth can be sucked clean out
        from under humanity.
      • heather
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2004
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
          <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

          Hell can
          > truly be sucked down onto Earth and earth can be sucked clean out
          > from under humanity.

          Oh Bradford,
          how your writings rattle my guts (and I'm lovin' every minute of it!!)
          And to think, I almost had pork tonight for supper!
          thank you,
          Heather
        • Tarjei Straume
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
            Although the death penalty in the United States is off topic for this list,
            I believe it's healthy for us to stimulate our moral imagination a little
            bit by focusing on the most sinister aspects of Western civilization and
            politics.

            I am reminded of Jens Bjørneboe (1920-1976) - http://home.att.net/~emurer/
            - the original anarchosophist (legendary anthroposophist, author, Waldorf
            teacher, poet, social critic, pornographer, alcoholic) - the fiercest of
            social critics who stood up for the junkies, the prison inmates, the
            prostitutes, the outcasts, the outlaws, etc. Throughout his licentious and
            self-destructive life, Bjørneboe applied his sweet venom and his hilarious
            sarcasm against the police, the prison wardens, the smugness and hypocrisy
            of the bourgeosie. He depicted the poet and the prison warden as
            diametrically opposite types of human beings. His main theme was man's
            inhumanity to man, not in distant corners of the world, but right here at
            home, in Norway, in our police stations, our back alleys, our prisons, our
            mental hospitals, our schools, in the military, etc.

            Ordinary, well-adjusted anthroposophists, i.e. bourgeois, middle and upper
            class staid etheric dreamers, couldn't understand why Bjørneboe bothered to
            take an active interest in such topics, about human rights for the
            "untouchables" of society. And yet today, there isn't a Waldorf school in
            Norway that doesn't have books by Bjørneboe on the shelves in the teachers'
            room. In no way did Bjørneboe exemplify an esoteric path; on the contrary,
            he drank himself to insanity and committed suicide, destroyed by the very
            demons he had been busy exposing. (He is not the first among highly gifted
            authors to go down this way; just think of Jack London and Ernest Hemingway
            for starters.)

            Some people have the impression that I am very familiar with Bjørneboe's
            works and have read all of it, but nothing could be farther from the truth.
            I haven't read any of his novels; only some of his essays and poetry. Our
            views and perspectives just happen to coincide on central points -
            something I discovered at an early age when I heard him interviewed on
            television. So although "anarchosophy" is a word I have coined myself, I
            can safely apply it to this man post mortem.

            I once received a mail from a very spiritual anthroposophist who held the
            opinion that my website expresses too much anger, and that I ought to work
            on that. My immediate response was that it's not anger, but holy wrath.
            I've given his objection a great deal of thought, however, and my present
            study is devoted to a lecture of Rudolf Steiner from October 21, 1909 in a
            Danish translation with the title "Vredens mission", i.e. 'The Mission of
            Wrath' (from the cycle "Metamorphosen des Seelenlebens", no GA given). In
            this lecture, Steiner speaks about the "noble wrath" against the ignoble,
            the unjust, the foolish, and the immoral that meets us from the external
            world. He speaks about how this noble wrath educates us, how it lifts us
            beyond ourselves and our selfishness. If we are not affected by such wrath,
            we succumb to selfish indifference.

            Visualize a man on death row saying goodbye to his family while those kind
            and compassionate doctors and nurses give him his medication so he can have
            his cute little nap. Lethal injectiions are so clinical and clean , aren't
            they - such a bloodless, undramatic, civilized alternative to the
            guillotine, the firing squad, and the gallows. (Woudln't it have been
            better with the dignity of a lethal cocktail, like they gave to Socrates?)

            Here is a report from 1931, written by another voice for the underdog:
            George Orwell. He wrote a lot of essays about the time when he was an
            imperial police officer in Burma, and one of them bears the title, "A Hanging":

            http://www.k-1.com/Orwell/index.cgi/work/essays/hanging.html

            Here is an appropriate excerpt, another "Dead Man Walking":

            It was about forty yards to the gallows. I watched the bare brown back of
            the prisoner marching in front of me. He walked clumsily with his bound
            arms, but quite steadily, with that bobbing gait of the Indian who never
            straightens his knees. At each step his muscles slid neatly into place, the
            lock of hair on his scalp danced up and down, his feet printed themselves
            on the wet gravel. And once, in spite of the men who gripped him by each
            shoulder, he stepped slightly aside to avoid a puddle on the path.

            It is curious, but till that moment I had never realized what it means to
            destroy a healthy, conscious man. When I saw the prisoner step aside to
            avoid the puddle, I saw the mystery, the unspeakable wrongness, of cutting
            a life short when it is in full tide. This man was not dying, he was alive
            just as we were alive. All the organs of his body were working - bowels
            digesting food, skin renewing itself, nails growing, tissues forming - all
            toiling away in solemn foolery. His nails would still be growing when he
            stood on the drop, when he was falling through the air with a tenth of a
            second to live. His eyes saw the yellow gravel and the grey walls, and his
            brain still remembered, foresaw, reasoned - reasoned even about puddles. He
            and we were a party of men walking together, seeing, hearing, feeling,
            understanding the same world; and in two minutes, with a sudden snap, one
            of us would be gone - one mind less, one world less.

            Nothing is worse, in my opinion, than listening to anthroposophist who
            speak about karma and death row convicts getting what they've got coming
            and so on. It's so incompassionate, so out of synch with the Christ, and
            with the spirit of Rudolf Steiner, about whose eyes

            F.W. Zeylmans van Emmichoven said the following -
            http://www.uncletaz.com/zeylman.html

            The eyes recede deeply under the shadow of the heavy brows. One might say
            that these eyes are dark brown, but that would tell very little of their
            true nature. How can we describe them? Sometimes they appear unfathomable.
            One looks into them as into an abyss, standing dazzled at the brink. At
            other times it is a depth like a dark night, when no stars are visible, yet
            their presence is felt. But most of the time the eyes are radient with a
            warm light. A golden glow lives in their dark brown color. An infinite
            goodness speaks out of them: A love for all creatures.

            A love for ALL creatures, including murderers.

            Rudolf Steiner warns against the danger of egoism among
            anthroposophists/theosophists in

            "Love and its Meaning in the World":

            http://www.uncletaz.com/lovemeaning.html

            "The effect of Spiritual Science may be an extension of egoism beyond the
            bounds of this present life, and therein lies danger. Thus if wrongly
            understood, Spiritual Science may act as a tempter - this lies in its very
            nature."

            "Lack of interest in the world is egoism in its grossest form. Interest in
            all existence is man's bounden duty. Let us therefore long for and love the
            sun with its creative power, its love for the well-being of the earth and
            the souls of men!"

            "Let us imagine that there is a man who knows nothing of the name of Jesus
            Christ, nothing of what is communicated in the Gospels, but that he
            understands the radical difference between the nature of wisdom and might
            and that of love. Such a man, even though he knows nothing of the Mystery
            of Golgotha, is a Christian in the truest sense. A man who knows that love
            is there for the paying of debts and brings no profit for the future, is a
            true Christian. To understand the nature of love - that is to be a
            Christian! Theosophy alone, Spiritual Science alone, with its teachings of
            karma and reincarnation, can make us into great egoists unless the impulse
            of love, the Christ Impulse, is added; only so can we acquire the power to
            overcome the egoism that may be generated by Spiritual Science. The balance
            is established by an understanding of the Christ Impulse. Spiritual Science
            is given to the world today because it is necessary for humanity, but in it
            lies the great danger that - if it is cultivated without the Christ
            Impulse, without the impulse of love - men will only increase their egoism,
            will actually breed egoism that lasts even beyond death. From this the
            conclusion must not be drawn that we should not cultivate Spiritual
            Science; rather we must learn to realize that understanding of the
            essential nature of love is an integral part of it."

            This is why it is so important that anthroposophists don't reflect about an
            execution in a manner that accepts it, but in a manner that George Orwell
            did. Orwell was was an atheist, but some of his thoughts, and his
            uncomprimising honesty, put anthroposophists and other Christians to shame.
            In an intuitive moment, through the eyes of the artist, he discovered the
            very ugliness and immorality of the death penalty.

            The radical difference RS points to, is between wisdom and might on the one
            hand, and love on the other. And what is more expressive of might than
            violence par excellance, performed by governments, by Caesar? Steiner has
            also pointed out somewhere that there is an irreconcilable emnity between
            "the kingdom within" that Christ represents, and the political factor
            represented by the Roman soldiers. An irreconcilable emnity!

            We need to express ourselves about things that stir up our sense of morals,
            of justice. I'd like to close this post with a few magical words about
            justice by the eminent American anarchist Benjamin R. Tucker, who was
            hailed by Rudolf Steiner as "the greatest champion for freedom of all
            times", about trial by jury:

            "What with the ignorance and servility of the average juror, the impudence
            and ignorance of the average judge, and the insolence and pernicious zeal
            of the government attorneys, the administration of justice is becoming a
            delusion and a snare."

            "Well, it does seem a bit irrational, until we inquire what the purpose of
            statute law is, or ought to be. If the purpose of statute law is the
            attainment of a rigid, inflexible, stiff-backed, cast-iron justice, then
            perhaps the special jury system is an excellent method of achieving it. But
            I declare to you that no such justice is wanted in any civilized community.
            We want justice, not rigid, but elastic; we want justice, not stern, but
            tempered with mercy, sympathy, and common sense; we want justice, not
            blind, but with eyes sharp enough to detect causes, conditions, and
            circumstances; we want justice, not superficial, but profound."

            (Quoted from Tucker's magazine "Liberty".)

            Tarjei
            http://uncletaz.com/