Re: Quote of the Day!

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2012
      I heard an interview on the radio with an elderly Greek lady whose pension has been cut by 50%. And the EU says those cuts are not enough; Greece is not making a sufficient effort to deserve another loan. I don't remember if the lady had been a school teacher or whatever, but others in her position living in more prosperous nations like oil-pumping Norway laughing all the way to the bank these days, with retirees settling in Spain and Thailand where they buy up properties and create in effect Norwegian colonies, should recognize that individuals losing their pensions are simply living in the wrong countries at the wrong time. You can't purge nations through suffering, that's Woodrow Wilson thinking. You can only purge individuals and make them suffer, regardless of their respective nationalities. Why a retired school teacher living in Greece deserves more purging and suffering than another one living in Germany or Scandinavia is a question for EU pundits to figure out, I guess. And now China has arrived in Europe to participate in the negotiations and the discussions about national bankruptcies; guess who is in control of the global economy after the US has wasted its entire fortune on armaments and wars and corruption....

      Just my 2 cents,