Re: Facebook sucks

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 2, 2012
      Serendipity! I came across this video of a talk given by our Eugene Schwarz in 2010 at the Glasshouse, Stourbridge, UK. I think I retrospectively posted the schedule of the conference he's attending before Christmas. Anyway, if you take a look at the video at around 42 minutes he's describing the life of Zuckerboy and the film they made of it called 'The Social Network'. He thinks Mr Facebook is classic Aspergers but also a kind of angel. It's the first I've seen of Mr Schwarz and I think that he's an ace speaker!

      http://vimeo.com/20002576

      T.

      Ted Wrinch

      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 2, 2012
        Great lecture - thanks.

        > Serendipity! I came across this video of a talk given by our Eugene Schwarz in 2010 at the Glasshouse, Stourbridge, UK. I think I retrospectively posted the schedule of the conference he's attending before Christmas. Anyway, if you take a look at the video at around 42 minutes he's describing the life of Zuckerboy and the film they made of it called 'The Social Network'. He thinks Mr Facebook is classic Aspergers but also a kind of angel. It's the first I've seen of Mr Schwarz and I think that he's an ace speaker!
        >
        > http://vimeo.com/20002576
        >
        > T.
        >
        > Ted Wrinch
        >
        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:
        > >

        > > To all those suckers who contribute to making Facebook stockholders rich:
        > >

        > > http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/technology/for-founders-to-decorators-facebook-riches.html?hp
        > >
        > > Frank

      • ted.wrinch
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 3, 2012
          You're welcome, Frank. He's done a few more on education you might not have seen; all are v. good. He seems such a nice guy - must have been great to have him as a teacher!

          Today's Children Need Tomorrow's Schools - Elmfield School Lecture

          http://vimeo.com/19764517

          I'm so impressed; this guy is dynamite! I love the introduction he gives where he describes the first school intake in Stuttgart for the Waldorf cigarette factory kids. Steiner wanted to take these 'apprentice fodder' kids and give them the same quality of education as the rich middle class kids, but in 'half the time', as they had to go to work by 8th grade. I can see why Mr Schwarz has his own web-site, is in demand around the world, and was awarded a Teaching Fellowship at the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in Princeton. Must be amazing to have this kind of talent.

          What is Waldorf Education? Part 1 Interview with Eugene Schwartz

          http://vimeo.com/22396764

          What is Waldorf Education? Part 2 Interview with Eugene Schwartz

          http://vimeo.com/22397678

          T.

          Ted Wrinch