Re: The Decay of ISE?

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2012
      Just posted this to his institute:

      I thought you might be interested in the Wiki entry on 'Ecofascism'. It has these lines at the head of the entry:

      "The term is used as a pejorative by political conservatives, centrists, and leftists to discredit deep ecology, mainstream environmentalism, radical environmentalismand other ecological positions.[1]"

      "..."ecofascism" has come to be used mainly as an attack term, with *social ecology* roots, against the deep ecology movement and its supporters plus, more generally, the environmental movement. Thus, "ecofascist" and "ecofascism", are used not to enlighten but to smear." [My emphasis].

      David Orton - Ecofascism: What is It? A Left Biocentric Analysis

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecofascism

      So the result of your associate Peter Staudenmaier's 15+ year campaign against 'ecofascism' appears to be to have branded your movement in the pubic's mind as the source of a smear campaign against the ecology and environmental movements. Perhaps you really should consider taking down Mr Staudenmaier's article 'Anthroposophy and ecofascism', as I've suggested, as it is very clearly a smear piece to anyone reading it and is most likely contributing to the apparent decline in the reputation of your movement with the public.

      Regards,

      T.

      Ted Wrinch