Re: Helmut Zander - The Biography [7]

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2012
      Remarkable, as usual. Were the Jesuits suppressed by the Vatican - 'for eternity' - and illegitimately kept on life-support by the Prussians and Russians? It would be easy to find out. Presumably it means that the Jesuits are now spiritually an illegitimate order!

      Steiner quotes one of his opponents, and one can see that this opponent used many of the same techniques Der Staudi uses, such as in his eco-fascism exchanges with that Norwegian journalist:

      "First, let me say that a printer's error slipped into our second article. Akaskic Record instead of Akashic Record. This mistake Dr. Boos has noted with glee. He seems to strain at gnats and to swallow camels. In the same article there is another misprint; for Apollinaris, of course, one should read Apollonius of Ryana! This Dr. Boos has overlooked — perhaps intentionally!"

      Of this piece overall Steiner says:

      "I beg you to notice that in this "worthy" way one of the most mischievous pieces of dishonesty possible has been perpetrated. Every possibility is removed which might enable those who read it to judge for themselves what the truth is. Up to the present, in all these long articles, no notice has been taken of Dr. Boos' answer to the first attack, in which he mentions, I think, twenty-three lies."

      All the classic logical fallacies and evasions; no content whatsoever. But Steiner does describe this sophisticated lying as 'a power', which is how it's seemed to me too. Furthermore, to prevent anthroposophy becoming a comfortable sect, ensconced behind the walls of its world-view, we are enjoined to understand this kind of mendaciousness.

      T.

      Ted Wrinch