Re: Origin of life on earth

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012

      > GA 34: This is an extremely important and interesting essay written by
      > Rudolf Steiner, concerning organic chemistry and the origin of
      > biological life on earth:
      >
      > Concepts Compelled by the Modern Scientific Point of view.
      >
      > Concepts Compelled by the Modern Scientific Point of view
      > <http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReKarm_e01.html> .
      >

      > It's from Lucifer-Gnosis (1903 – 1908, GA 32.)
      >
      > Here is the original German:
      >
      > Vom Standpunkte der modernen Naturwissenschaft notwendige Vorstellungen
      > (1903) <%20http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReinKa_index.html>

      Yes, very interesting, thanks Tarjei. A few pages later on we find: http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReKarm_questions.html - question and Answers on the same subject.

      As far as the first article above is concerned, I have 2 further comments. The first is that this article is from 1908, before "anthroposophy". Yet, the word is continually used, when we know it must have been originally "theosophy". This is not a translation problem; the German language editors made the decision to change the word because somehow Steiner "meant" anthroposophy all along - and authrorized such changes...according to Marie Steiner. Nevertheless, I personally do not think that such changes are justified. The second comment has to do with the word "soul" in this article, which occurs many many times. More on that later.