Origin of life on earth

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2011
      GA 34: This is an extremely important and interesting essay written by Rudolf Steiner, concerning organic chemistry and the origin of biological life on earth:

      Concepts Compelled by the Modern Scientific Point of view.

      Concepts Compelled by the Modern Scientific Point of view
       .

      It's from Lucifer-Gnosis (1903 – 1908, GA 32.)

      Here is the original German:

      Vom Standpunkte der modernen Naturwissenschaft notwendige Vorstellungen (1903)

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2011

        > Vom Standpunkte der modernen Naturwissenschaft notwendige Vorstellungen

        Sorry that hyperlink went bad. Here's the target url:

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReinKa_index.html

        Tarjei
      • ted.wrinch
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
          It's a good article that clearly and well expresses the notion that soul comes from soul, in the way life does from life. But little has changed in the intervening 100+ years and unfortunately his formulation of the problem remains much the same: "We have become accustomed to regard these higher soul qualities as a mere enhancement, as a higher degree of the lower ones.".

          T.

          Ted Wrinch

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012

            > GA 34: This is an extremely important and interesting essay written by
            > Rudolf Steiner, concerning organic chemistry and the origin of
            > biological life on earth:
            >
            > Concepts Compelled by the Modern Scientific Point of view.
            >
            > Concepts Compelled by the Modern Scientific Point of view
            > <http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReKarm_e01.html> .
            >

            > It's from Lucifer-Gnosis (1903 – 1908, GA 32.)
            >
            > Here is the original German:
            >
            > Vom Standpunkte der modernen Naturwissenschaft notwendige Vorstellungen
            > (1903) <%20http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReinKa_index.html>

            Yes, very interesting, thanks Tarjei. A few pages later on we find: http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/ReKarm_questions.html - question and Answers on the same subject.

            As far as the first article above is concerned, I have 2 further comments. The first is that this article is from 1908, before "anthroposophy". Yet, the word is continually used, when we know it must have been originally "theosophy". This is not a translation problem; the German language editors made the decision to change the word because somehow Steiner "meant" anthroposophy all along - and authrorized such changes...according to Marie Steiner. Nevertheless, I personally do not think that such changes are justified. The second comment has to do with the word "soul" in this article, which occurs many many times. More on that later.