Scale

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 16, 2011
      Friends, I've been following the discussion regarding karma...and must admit I've little insight into it.

      Like many people I tend to think of the large scale events in life (e.g. marriage, travel, mayhem, illness, etc) as "karmic" but not so the small, apparently insignificant events that transpire daily...I think I remember, however, Steiner alluding to the mundane affairs of our lives and how we should pay attention to them.

      I'm currently reading a book by a zen master and in answer to a question about personal karma, he said "It is manifesting itself all the time, at every instant..."

      Yeah?...well, it's kind of hard to see the karmic consequences of washing the dishes...Dennis
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 16, 2011
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <gaelman58@...> wrote:

        _______

        That's easy: in your previous life you made your wife (or wives) slave for you. Now karma is getting back at you. If you had free will you'd buy an automatic dish washer.
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2011
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <gaelman58@...> wrote:

          > Yeah?...well, it's kind of hard to see the karmic consequences of washing the dishes...Dennis

          That's easy: in your previous life you made your wife (or wives) slave for you. Now karma is getting back at you. If you had free will you'd buy an automatic dishwasher.
          Frank
        • JoAnn Schwartz
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 16, 2011
            What. Frank. Said.

            Merrily,
            JoAnn

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 17, 2011

              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <gaelman58@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Yeah?...well, it's kind of hard to see the karmic consequences of washing the dishes...Dennis
              > >

              > That's easy: in your previous life you made your wife (or wives) slave for you. Now karma is getting back at you. If you had free will you'd buy an automatic dishwasher.
              > Frank

              Frank, you forget gender switching business re reincarnation...I remember being a pious nun who was periodically persecuted by the warlock Johann and his fiend-of-a-wife Frances...D.
            • Kim
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 17, 2011
                It's not about washing the dishes, it's about how you do;-)
                Kim

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 18, 2011
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <gaelman58@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <gaelman58@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Yeah?...well, it's kind of hard to see the karmic consequences of washing the dishes...Dennis
                  > > >

                  > > That's easy: in your previous life you made your wife (or wives) slave for you. Now karma is getting back at you. If you had free will you'd buy an automatic dishwasher.
                  > > Frank
                  > >

                  > Frank, you forget gender switching business re reincarnation...I remember being a pious nun who was periodically persecuted by the warlock Johann and his fiend-of-a-wife Frances...D.

                  Now, now Dennis, you don't *really* want me to go into that "pious" nun story, do you?
                  Frank
                • Dennis
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 19, 2011

                    > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <gaelman58@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:

                    > > > That's easy: in your previous life you made your wife (or wives) slave for you. Now karma is getting back at you. If you had free will you'd buy an automatic dishwasher.
                    > > > Frank
                    > > >

                    > > Frank, you forget gender switching business re reincarnation...I remember being a pious nun who was periodically persecuted by the warlock Johann and his fiend-of-a-wife Frances...D.
                    > >

                    > Now, now Dennis, you don't *really* want me to go into that "pious" nun story, do you?
                    > Frank

                    Well Frank, it seems we're karmically/comically predestined to be adversarial...I was "pious" last time out, this time I seem to be just putting up with 'em...Dennis