Anthroposophical Guidelines - 9

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2011
      9. The reality of the astral body is found when we advance from meditation by the thinking which is stimulated from without to inner contemplation. For this one must inwardly seize the thinking stimulated from without and intensively experience it in the soul as such, without relation to the outer world; and then, by means of the soul-strength acquired by this seizing and experiencing, become aware of the fact that inner organs of perception exist, which spiritually see, there, where the animal and human physical and the etheric bodies are bounded, in order that consciousness can arise.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2011
        The basic idea is, of course, to become wide awake while still "asleep", i.e. while outside the etheric and physical bodies: Initiation. It will then be possible to enter this state also while awake in the physical, by suggesting away the etheric and the physical elements through an act of strengthened will. This course of development is the destiny of all human beings, but those who are totally unaware of what is happening to them when it happens, will have their experiences hijacked and manipulated by ahrimanic powers, so instead of becoming able to observe extrasensory phenomena as objective realities after a while, each individual will end up in his or her own private and separate world of illusions, different from that of everybody else. That's the so-called ahrimanic initiation, ahrimanic clairvoyance.

        "Well, now time passed and now it seems
        Everybody's having them dreams
        Everybody sees themselves
        Walkin' around with no one else
        Half of the people can be part right all of the time
        Some of the people can be all right part of the time
        But all of the people can't be all right all of the time
        I think Abraham Lincoln said that
        'I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours'
        I said that"
        ( -- Bob Dylan)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2011
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDLjUD-eWIk