Anthroposophical Guidelines - 8

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2011
      8. One can contemplate the nature of man insofar as it is revealed by his physical and his etheric body. We find, however, that whatever is revealed from these sources does not lead to consciousness, but remains in the unconscious. Consciousness is not illuminated, but darkened when the physical and etheric bodies' activity is increased. Even fainting spells can be the result of such increases in activity. Through such observations we realize that something is active in the human organization – and in animals as well – which is not the same as what is active in the physical and etheric. It is not active when the physical and the etheric elements are active through their own forces, but when these cease their activity. We arrive thus at the concept of the astral body.