Anthroposophical Guidelines - 7

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2011
      7. We find man as an ensouled spiritual being placed in this earthly and outer-earthly world. As long as he is in the earthly element, which contains the lifeless, he carries his physical body with him; when he develops the forces which insert the living from the cosmos into the earthly, he has an etheric or life-body. This contrast between the earthly and the etheric has been completely overlooked by modern thinking. For this reason, the most irrational views about the etheric have ensued. Fear of losing one's self in the fantastic has prevented discussion of this contrast. Without consideration of this contrast, however, no insight into Man and World is possible.