Anthroposophical Guidelines - 6

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2011
      6. When we look at lifeless nature we find a world revealed in coherent relationships. We investigate these relationships and find that they are the functions of natural laws. But we also find that through these laws lifeless nature unites with the earth as a whole. From this unification of the lifeless with the earth, we can then proceed to a contemplation of the plant-world. We see how the cosmos beyond the earth sends the forces from outer space which extracts life from the lap of the lifeless. We become aware of the essence in the living which extracts from the mere earthly and manifests what works down upon the earth from the distance of cosmic space. In the most insignificant plant we become aware of the essence of the cosmic light beyond the earth, just as a luminous object is reflected in the eye. By such enhanced contemplation we can observe the difference between the earthly/physical, which governs the lifeless, and the outer-earthly/etheric, which acts in living things.