Southern Cross Review Nr. 79

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011
      Dear A_Ters,
      Welcome to the November-December issue (Number 79) of Southern Cross Review, now on your cyber-doorstep: http://southerncrossreview.org .

      In the Editor's Page I relate some of my own experiences with unemployment and hiring/firing to help us to decide whether unemployment is temporary or permanent.
      The Features section highlights Ann Jones' experiences with the absurdly chilling U.S. security apparatus, and Ruth Zbinden tells us how the Swiss are busy saving cow horns...really.
      Fiction: One of my stories especially recommended for those who love streetcars and green stockings. Also an excerpt from Herman Hesse's Steppenwolf, in which he invites us to enter our own personalities through a narrow door.
      Anthroposophy: A new translation (mine) of Lesson One of Rudolf Steiner's "First Class" in the Free School for Spiritual Science. As far as I know, this is the first time this material has been made available to the public in English. We also continue the Karmic Relations lectures.
      Poetry features a new poet (for us and possibly for you): Claudia Grinnell, and another poet, from the past, who walked in beauty when he could.
      Enjoy!
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011
        I forgot the NY Times article about the Waldorf School in Silicaon Valley:
        http://southerncrossreview.org/79/waldorf-nytimes.html

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011
          Thank you Frank!! Lot's of good stuff here it looks like -- I also want cattle to keep their horns!! You know, some people remove claws from their cats so they don't scratch the furniture! And let elephants keep their tusks too!

          LOTS of good stuff! I'll do your FB promotion I guess, because you always seem to forget that.

          Incidentally, your link to "Letters to the Editor" is dead. A blank.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011

            > Thank you Frank!! Lot's of good stuff here it looks like -- I also want
            > cattle to keep their horns!! You know, some people remove claws from
            > their cats so they don't scratch the furniture! And let elephants keep
            > their tusks too!

            And horses their cajones?

            > LOTS of good stuff! I'll do your FB promotion I guess, because you
            > always seem to forget that.

            Thanks.

            > Incidentally, your link to "Letters to the Editor" is dead. A blank.

            Fixed.
            ______
            Frank