Re: soccer, waldorf, san marino

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011

      > No no no, Frank -- ban all ballgames. In soccer, they are subconsciously kicking heads around and also kicking the Earth itself, just like Adolf Napoleon and Saddam Quaddafi. In Baseball, they are bashing heads and doing violence to the earth with sticks like it were a pinata. Ice hockey is very violent, in tennis they also beat heads and earth, and in basketball they want to throw the Earth into a net, with lots of people competing for the throne like King Richard III. No, ball games are no good, they're the root of all evil, and the Doctor was right but he didn't go far enough.

      _______

      Ooof, cmon Tarjei. Did you ever see a head the size of a baseball...even in the WC? Or, for that matter, the size of a testicle?
      http://www.southerncrossreview.org/12/diamond.htm

      Frank
      __________

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy <manselton@...> wrote:

        > Yet in Britain he said that not to have soccer in school would
        > ostracize the children from the national culture, so much was it loved
        > by the people of the nation.
        >
        > Maurice

        You made that up..right Maurice? Tell us it ain't so.
        Frank
        _____________

        > On 10/10/2011, elfuncle <elfuncle@...> wrote:
        > > No no no, Frank -- ban all ballgames. In soccer, they are subconsciously
        > > kicking heads around and also kicking the Earth itself, just like Adolf
        > > Napoleon and Saddam Quaddafi. In Baseball, they are bashing heads and doing
        > > violence to the earth with sticks like it were a pinata. Ice hockey is very
        > > violent, in tennis they also beat heads and earth, and in basketball they
        > > want to throw the Earth into a net, with lots of people competing for the
        > > throne like King Richard III. No, ball games are no good, they're the root
        > > of all evil, and the Doctor was right but he didn't go far enough.
        > >
        > > Tarjei
        > >

        > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
        > > <fts.trasla@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> This is a very enlightening article. I was actually once in San Marino,
        > >> many moons ago.
        > >> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/sports/soccer/san-marino-soccer-team-plays-on-despite-little-shot-at-winning-or-scoring.html?hp
        > >>
        > >> As we know, soccer was not an endearing subject for Der Doktor - who more
        > >> or less banned it from the first Waldorf school, claiming that it
        > >> engenders violence. Personally I agree with him: soccer is for joiks:
        > >> Baseball is the noblest game. However, soccer is probably the world's most
        > >> popular sport. What can we do about that? Easy: design a conspiracy that
        > >> enables San Marino to win the World Cup.
        > >> Frank

      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2011
          Frank wrote:
          > You made that up..right Maurice? Tell us it ain't so.
          > Frank

          Well I have overstated it with 'ostracize' but the gist is correct Frank.

          Sorry
          Maurice