soccer, waldorf, san marino

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
      This is a very enlightening article. I was actually once in San Marino, many moons ago.
      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/sports/soccer/san-marino-soccer-team-plays-on-despite-little-shot-at-winning-or-scoring.html?hp

      As we know, soccer was not an endearing subject for Der Doktor - who more or less banned it from the first Waldorf school, claiming that it engenders violence. Personally I agree with him: soccer is for joiks: Baseball is the noblest game. However, soccer is probably the world's most popular sport. What can we do about that? Easy: design a conspiracy that enables San Marino to win the World Cup.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
        No no no, Frank -- ban all ballgames. In soccer, they are subconsciously kicking heads around and also kicking the Earth itself, just like Adolf Napoleon and Saddam Quaddafi. In Baseball, they are bashing heads and doing violence to the earth with sticks like it were a pinata. Ice hockey is very violent, in tennis they also beat heads and earth, and in basketball they want to throw the Earth into a net, with lots of people competing for the throne like King Richard III. No, ball games are no good, they're the root of all evil, and the Doctor was right but he didn't go far enough.

        > This is a very enlightening article. I was actually once in San Marino, many moons ago.
        > http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/sports/soccer/san-marino-soccer-team-plays-on-despite-little-shot-at-winning-or-scoring.html?hp
        >
        > As we know, soccer was not an endearing subject for Der Doktor - who more or less banned it from the first Waldorf school, claiming that it engenders violence. Personally I agree with him: soccer is for joiks: Baseball is the noblest game. However, soccer is probably the world's most popular sport. What can we do about that? Easy: design a conspiracy that enables San Marino to win the World Cup.
        > Frank

      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
          Yet in Britain he said that not to have soccer in school would
          ostracize the children from the national culture, so much was it loved
          by the people of the nation.

          Maurice

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011

            > No no no, Frank -- ban all ballgames. In soccer, they are subconsciously kicking heads around and also kicking the Earth itself, just like Adolf Napoleon and Saddam Quaddafi. In Baseball, they are bashing heads and doing violence to the earth with sticks like it were a pinata. Ice hockey is very violent, in tennis they also beat heads and earth, and in basketball they want to throw the Earth into a net, with lots of people competing for the throne like King Richard III. No, ball games are no good, they're the root of all evil, and the Doctor was right but he didn't go far enough.

            _______

            Ooof, cmon Tarjei. Did you ever see a head the size of a baseball...even in the WC? Or, for that matter, the size of a testicle?
            http://www.southerncrossreview.org/12/diamond.htm

            Frank
            __________

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy <manselton@...> wrote:

              > Yet in Britain he said that not to have soccer in school would
              > ostracize the children from the national culture, so much was it loved
              > by the people of the nation.
              >
              > Maurice

              You made that up..right Maurice? Tell us it ain't so.
              Frank
              _____________

              > On 10/10/2011, elfuncle <elfuncle@...> wrote:
              > > No no no, Frank -- ban all ballgames. In soccer, they are subconsciously
              > > kicking heads around and also kicking the Earth itself, just like Adolf
              > > Napoleon and Saddam Quaddafi. In Baseball, they are bashing heads and doing
              > > violence to the earth with sticks like it were a pinata. Ice hockey is very
              > > violent, in tennis they also beat heads and earth, and in basketball they
              > > want to throw the Earth into a net, with lots of people competing for the
              > > throne like King Richard III. No, ball games are no good, they're the root
              > > of all evil, and the Doctor was right but he didn't go far enough.
              > >
              > > Tarjei
              > >

              > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
              > > <fts.trasla@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> This is a very enlightening article. I was actually once in San Marino,
              > >> many moons ago.
              > >> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/sports/soccer/san-marino-soccer-team-plays-on-despite-little-shot-at-winning-or-scoring.html?hp
              > >>
              > >> As we know, soccer was not an endearing subject for Der Doktor - who more
              > >> or less banned it from the first Waldorf school, claiming that it
              > >> engenders violence. Personally I agree with him: soccer is for joiks:
              > >> Baseball is the noblest game. However, soccer is probably the world's most
              > >> popular sport. What can we do about that? Easy: design a conspiracy that
              > >> enables San Marino to win the World Cup.
              > >> Frank

            • Maurice McCarthy
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 12, 2011
                Frank wrote:
                > You made that up..right Maurice? Tell us it ain't so.
                > Frank

                Well I have overstated it with 'ostracize' but the gist is correct Frank.

                Sorry
                Maurice