Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Pythagorus and the Five Building Blocks of Man

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 3, 2011

      Taz on the idea of the 10 it also has to do with the Tree of Life which has ten spheres

      What is known is that there are 3 Trees of Life and Four Worlds. And five on each side of the pillar, including the one of the Crown and the one of the Root, not including the center line which is Christ line.

      So, what that means is that we have 3 x 5 = 15   1+5 = 6 pointed star within. add this to the 4 worlds and we have 10

      or we could do 3 x 10 = 30  divided by 5 = 6 pointed star within. add this to the 4 worlds and we have 10

      From: elfuncle <elfuncle@...>
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 2, 2011, 2:54 PM

      Dynamite link, Dottie.

      I've been studying Pythagoras' math lately. Even numbers are female, odd numbers are male (should be right down your alley), 5 is the number for marriage, the sum of 1, 2, 3, and 4 is the holy number of 10. Then there are the perfect numbers: Those that equal the sum of their divisors, like 6=1+2+3, 28=1+2+4+7+14 and so on. And then you have the Pythagorean triples or triplets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_triple

      ( 3 , 4 , 5 ) ( 5, 12, 13) ( 7, 24, 25) ( 8, 15, 17)
      ( 9, 40, 41) (11, 60, 61) (12, 35, 37) (13, 84, 85)
      (16, 63, 65) (20, 21, 29) (28, 45, 53) (33, 56, 65)
      (36, 77, 85) (39, 80, 89) (48, 55, 73) (65, 72, 97)

      I would love to see Dear Staudi's anti-esoteric analysis and critique of Pythagoras, using mathematics as his arguments and proofs ;)

      Tarjei

      , his holy number (10), perfect numbers

      > Kim, we can go back to Pythagorus.
      >
      > http://www.mathopenref.com/pythagoras.html
      >
      >  ‎'The five regular solids (tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, icosahedron, dodecahedron). It is believed that Pythagoras knew how to construct the first three but not last two.'
      >
      > But I want to find them sketched into the body or into the Tree of Life.... do you know where these are to be found or can you construct the form into the Tree of Life in the Center line where the Christ is?
      >

      > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

    • Kim
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 6, 2011

        Dottie, I have some pictures and a few texts here relating to Pythagoras:

        See Pythagoras et al

        By the way, The perfect Pythagorean number ten (tetractys= 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10) are shown:

        And it is the same as the Kabbalah, where first row are Kether, second row are Chokmah and Binah, third row are Chesed, Geburah, and Tiphareth,  and fourth row are Netzach, Hod, Yesod, and Malkuth.

        Tetractys Steiner
        Kabbalah Tree of Life
        There may be some ideas in this.
        I have seen a drawing where the solids connects to the Earth's planetary incarnations, but can't remember it fully.

        NB! I have written a note on "Origin of the usage of Left Path and Right Path", as it has been misused in various discussions, but it goes at least back to Pythagoras.

        > Kim, we can go back to Pythagorus.
        >
        > http://www.mathopenref.com/pythagoras.html
        >
        >  ‎'The five regular solids (tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, icosahedron, dodecahedron). It is believed that Pythagoras knew how to construct the first three but not last two.'
        >
        > But I want to find them sketched into the body or into the Tree of Life.... do you know where these are to be found or can you construct the form into the Tree of Life in the Center line where the Christ is?
        >

        > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

      • ted.wrinch
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 6, 2011
          A big thanks from me for all your work on this Kim- it's beautiful! I love the collage with the interesting texts behind. Strange that you translated a work on Kepler from the French and Kepler's work appears to be in latin. Like your report from Anastasias Kircher on the amazing synthesis of Kabalah (sp?) and Greek mythology by Capella.

          Will look at some more. Isn't history fun? Well, it's not real history according to Der Staudi of course (where's the rational discourse and facts, oh, enough of that!).

          T.

          Ted Wrinch

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 7, 2011
            Pythagoras, mathematics, epistemology, esotericism -- quite a knot of riddles to sort out and analyze. It's perfectly understandable that one particular "historian" avoids and ignores history.

            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 14, 2011
              Kim, here's a consideration for the Adamkadmon and the five building blocks

              Dottie, I have some pictures and a few texts here relating to Pythagoras:

              By the way, The perfect Pythagorean number ten (tetractys= 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10) are shown:

              And it is the same as the Kabbalah, where first row are Kether, second row are Chokmah and Binah, third row are Chesed, Geburah, and Tiphareth,  and fourth row are Netzach, Hod, Yesod, and Malkuth.

              153

              Tetractys SteinerKabbalah Tree of Life
              There may be some ideas in this.
              I have seen a drawing where the solids connects to the Earth's planetary incarnations, but can't remember it fully.

              NB! I have written a note on "Origin of the usage of Left Path and Right Path", as it has been misused in various discussions, but it goes at least back to Pythagoras.

              > Kim, we can go back to Pythagorus.
              >
              > http://www.mathopenref.com/pythagoras.html
              >
              >  ‎'The five regular solids (tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, icosahedron, dodecahedron). It is believed that Pythagoras knew how to construct the first three but not last two.'
              >
              > But I want to find them sketched into the body or into the Tree of Life.... do you know where these are to be found or can you construct the form into the Tree of Life in the Center line where the Christ is?
              >

              > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

            • Kim
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 30, 2011
                Here is an interesting drawing showing the four worlds:
                Four Words - extended

                The first world, Atziluth, contains the hierarchies from man and up.

                Briah is the world of creation and contains the beings who takes part in the physical world, and the Sephirots below the human sephira is the Ahrimanic.

                Another interesting one:
                Kabbalah_Tree-of-Life_Humanity-Healing

                Steiner mentions that what is above Chesed, the Abyss, is outside the understanding of man, only indirectly understandable, and he mentions the three imaginary above Kether which is absolutely unknowable.

                http://www.yashanet.com/studies/revstudy/rev6.htm

                In Kabbalah, the Ain represents the God, the Creator of all, the Transcendent One. It can translate as the Nothingness, in which everything is contained. The Ain is beyond the concept of human existence, and, at the same time, it is separated from everything because it is pure "un-manifestation of all that is or all that will come once to be".  It is the primeval Cause. The Ain is not above or below anything, neither it is in some place, or a vacuum or void.  It is at the same time the root of Spirit and of matter, but it is not definable by any.  It is uncreated LIGHT. Only higher consciousness can really grasp in plenitude the depth of this concept.
                http://www.areveda.com/category/kether/

                German:
                http://www.enlightment.kilu.de/vier.html

                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 30, 2011
                  Kim, that is a very interesting consideration with the four worlds. Can you share the link with that image so I can see further a thing. It almost appears as if we could consider the Sun Moon Earth and maybe the fourth is when they are all united and maybe too this then represents the Ego of all three united.

                  My thought on the next image is that in the center pillar we can see:

                  Yesod = Sentient Soul
                  Tiperetjh = Intellectual Soul
                  Datath = Consciousness Soul

                  These are the Marys, the Mothers, who lead us ever onwards and upwards.

                  Thanks for these considerations,

                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 30, 2011
                    Please, please DISCONTINUE the thread where Pythagoras' name is misspelled over and over again in the very title ("Pythagorus"). After seeing this a dozen times because nobody seems to care about sloppiness, I'm urged to voice my protest! It's as bad as repeating "Rudolph"!! You guys know better than that. No wonder Der Staudi wallows in ad nauseam repetitions that "esotericists" disregard learning, because there's no excuse for this.

                    Whew,

                    Tarjei

                  • Kim
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011
                      Dottie, I don't know where I have the drawing from, but you can find variations many places.
                      I don't think they lay on the center pillar, which is the androgyne pillar, the left is the female and the right is the maskuline, or in other words, the right is the pillar of Fire, the left the pillar of Water, and the center the pillar of air, and each of these soul-components should be of each their element.

                      But if they were in the same pillar it should be the left pillar, with Binah as the original mother, the Thrones, creater of mankind, Geburah as the creater of the sun system, the Elohims, and Hod as Sophia, or rather Anthroposophia, as she is named now.
                      Christian Rosencreuz

                      Normally we start with Malkuth as the physical, Yesod as the etheric, and up to Chesed as Atma, but some set the Astral triangle to the body, the ethical triangle to the soul and, above the Abyss, the Supernal triangle, to the spirit.

                      Kim

                      Four Words - extended

                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011
                        OK then, Kimmus -- if you insist. Call me Tarjus and say hi to Dottus
                        for me.

                        Tarjus

                        <http://kimgraaemunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/christianrosencreutz-c\
                        \
                        > olor.jpg>
                        > Normally we start with Malkuth as the physical, Yesod as the etheric,
                        > and up to Chesed as Atma, but some set the Astral triangle to the
                        body,
                        > the ethical triangle to the soul and, above the Abyss, the Supernal
                        > triangle, to the spirit.
                        >
                        > Kim
                        >
                        > [Four Words - extended]
                        > <http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=11>
                        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
                        > dottie_z@ wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Kim, that is a very interesting consideration with the four worlds.
                        > Can you share the link with that image so I can see further a thing.
                        It
                        > almost appears as if we could consider the Sun Moon Earth and maybe
                        the
                        > fourth is when they are all united and maybe too this then represents
                        > the Ego of all three united.
                        > > My thought on the next image is that in the center pillar we can
                        see:
                        > > Yesod = Sentient Soul
                        > > Tiperetjh = Intellectual Soul
                        > > Datath = Consciousness Soul
                        > > These are the Marys, the Mothers, who lead us ever onwards and
                        > upwards.
                        > > Thanks for these considerations,
                        > > Dottie

                      • Kim
                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011
                          Sorry, I hadn't read your posting on that vital problem:)

                          > OK then, Kimmus -- if you insist. Call me Tarjus and say hi to Dottus
                          > for me.
                          >
                          > Tarjus
                          >
                          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" kimgm@ wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Dottie, I don't know where I have the drawing from, but you can find
                          > > variations many places.
                          > > I don't think they lay on the center pillar, which is the androgyne
                          > > pillar, the left is the female and the right is the maskuline, or in
                          > > other words, the right is the pillar of Fire, the left the pillar of
                          > > Water, and the center the pillar of air, and each of these
                          > > soul-components should be of each their element.
                          > >
                          > > But if they were in the same pillar it should be the left pillar, with
                          > > Binah as the original mother, the Thrones, creater of mankind, Geburah
                          > > as the creater of the sun system, the Elohims, and Hod as Sophia, or
                          > > rather Anthroposophia, as she is named now.
                          > > [Christian Rosencreuz]
                          > >
                          > <http://kimgraaemunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/christianrosencreutz-c\
                          > \
                          > > olor.jpg>
                          > > Normally we start with Malkuth as the physical, Yesod as the etheric,
                          > > and up to Chesed as Atma, but some set the Astral triangle to the
                          > body,
                          > > the ethical triangle to the soul and, above the Abyss, the Supernal
                          > > triangle, to the spirit.
                          > >
                          > > Kim
                          > >
                          > > [Four Words - extended]
                          > > <http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=11>
                          > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
                          > > dottie_z@ wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Kim, that is a very interesting consideration with the four worlds.
                          > > Can you share the link with that image so I can see further a thing.
                          > It
                          > > almost appears as if we could consider the Sun Moon Earth and maybe
                          > the
                          > > fourth is when they are all united and maybe too this then represents
                          > > the Ego of all three united.
                          > > > My thought on the next image is that in the center pillar we can
                          > see:
                          > > > Yesod = Sentient Soul
                          > > > Tiperetjh = Intellectual Soul
                          > > > Datath = Consciousness Soul
                          > > > These are the Marys, the Mothers, who lead us ever onwards and
                          > > upwards.
                          > > > Thanks for these considerations,
                          > > > Dottie

                        • Are Thoresen
                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011

                            Dear friends,

                            In the foothills of the Alps , on the Italian side, there is a ”village” or society called Dahmanhur. It consists of a number (10-20) of temples, dug in the mountain, all underground, 2-3 hundred of followers locally, but thousands worldwide, and ruled by an old man called “Falco”. They build stone spirals worldwide, to suck energy out of those who walk in these spirals, and according to the leaders, this energy is used for the true benefit of the followers. They get among other things secret information of their former lives ….

                            To me the resemblance to the “Old man at the mountain” and his assassins is obvious. The assassins can not longer kill pilgrims and eat hasjish, but the described system works very well. I myself have walked in such a spiral, and I have also watched others walk there. As they walked flames and satanic creatures appeared under their feet, and there were loud shrikes in the air.

                            What do you think?? Is this a village supporting the “dark side”?

                            Are

                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011
                              :))))) I always wonder about the name when I type it and thought I recalled someone correcting me from the 'as' so I kept up with the 'us' ... got it :))) thanks!

                              All good things,

                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011
                                Thank  you Kim::)

                                Sorry, I hadn't read your posting on that vital problem:)

                                > OK then, Kimmus -- if you insist. Call me Tarjus and say hi to Dottus
                                > for me.
                                >
                                > Tarjus
                                >
                                > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" kimgm@ wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Dottie, I don't know where I have the drawing from, but you can find
                                > > variations many places.
                                > > I don't think they lay on the center pillar, which is the androgyne
                                > > pillar, the left is the female and the right is the maskuline, or in
                                > > other words, the right is the pillar of Fire, the left the pillar of
                                > > Water, and the center the pillar of air, and each of these
                                > > soul-components should be of each their element.
                                > >
                                > > But if they were in the same pillar it should be the left pillar, with
                                > > Binah as the original mother, the Thrones, creater of mankind, Geburah
                                > > as the creater of the sun system, the Elohims, and Hod as Sophia, or
                                > > rather Anthroposophia, as she is named now.
                                > > [Christian Rosencreuz]
                                > >
                                > <http://kimgraaemunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/christianrosencreutz-c\
                                > \
                                > > olor.jpg>
                                > > Normally we start with Malkuth as the physical, Yesod as the etheric,
                                > > and up to Chesed as Atma, but some set the Astral triangle to the
                                > body,
                                > > the ethical triangle to the soul and, above the Abyss, the Supernal
                                > > triangle, to the spirit.
                                > >
                                > > Kim
                                > >
                                > > [Four Words - extended]
                                > > <http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=11>
                                > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
                                > > dottie_z@ wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Kim, that is a very interesting consideration with the four worlds.
                                > > Can you share the link with that image so I can see further a thing.
                                > It
                                > > almost appears as if we could consider the Sun Moon Earth and maybe
                                > the
                                > > fourth is when they are all united and maybe too this then represents
                                > > the Ego of all three united.
                                > > > My thought on the next image is that in the center pillar we can
                                > see:
                                > > > Yesod = Sentient Soul
                                > > > Tiperetjh = Intellectual Soul
                                > > > Datath = Consciousness Soul
                                > > > These are the Marys, the Mothers, who lead us ever onwards and
                                > > upwards.
                                > > > Thanks for these considerations,
                                > > > Dottie

                              • dottie
                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 31, 2011
                                  Kim, what I am working on is the horizontal and the vertical. Those to the right and left are horizontal, earthly, and the ones going up are vertical. So I was thinking that on the left and right we have what it is like in the earthly world on the ahrimanic and luciferic curve and then they meet in the middle, in consciousness, when we are able to purify our chakras into their rightful working manners.

                                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@...> wrote:

                                  > Dottie, I don't know where I have the drawing from, but you can find
                                  > variations many places.
                                  > I don't think they lay on the center pillar, which is the androgyne
                                  > pillar, the left is the female and the right is the maskuline, or in
                                  > other words, the right is the pillar of Fire, the left the pillar of
                                  > Water, and the center the pillar of air, and each of these
                                  > soul-components should be of each their element.
                                  >
                                  > But if they were in the same pillar it should be the left pillar, with
                                  > Binah as the original mother, the Thrones, creater of mankind, Geburah
                                  > as the creater of the sun system, the Elohims, and Hod as Sophia, or
                                  > rather Anthroposophia, as she is named now.
                                  > [Christian Rosencreuz]
                                  > <http://kimgraaemunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/christianrosencreutz-c\
                                  > olor.jpg>
                                  > Normally we start with Malkuth as the physical, Yesod as the etheric,
                                  > and up to Chesed as Atma, but some set the Astral triangle to the body,
                                  > the ethical triangle to the soul and, above the Abyss, the Supernal
                                  > triangle, to the spirit.
                                  >
                                  > Kim
                                  >
                                  > [Four Words - extended]
                                  > <http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=11>
                                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
                                  > <dottie_z@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Kim, that is a very interesting consideration with the four worlds.
                                  > Can you share the link with that image so I can see further a thing. It
                                  > almost appears as if we could consider the Sun Moon Earth and maybe the
                                  > fourth is when they are all united and maybe too this then represents
                                  > the Ego of all three united.
                                  > > My thought on the next image is that in the center pillar we can see:
                                  > > Yesod = Sentient Soul
                                  > > Tiperetjh = Intellectual Soul
                                  > > Datath = Consciousness Soul
                                  > > These are the Marys, the Mothers, who lead us ever onwards and
                                  > upwards.
                                  > > Thanks for these considerations,
                                  > > Dottie

                                • Kim
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
                                    Dottie, what's in and below Malkuth in Aziluth is earthy, but I haven't
                                    gone deeply into these lower trees as it is a life study in themselves.
                                    Kim

                                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dottie" <dottie_z@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > Kim, what I am working on is the horizontal and the vertical. Those to
                                    the right and left are horizontal, earthly, and the ones going up are
                                    vertical. So I was thinking that on the left and right we have what it
                                    is like in the earthly world on the ahrimanic and luciferic curve and
                                    then they meet in the middle, in consciousness, when we are able to
                                    purify our chakras into their rightful working manners.

                                    > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" kimgm@ wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Dottie, I don't know where I have the drawing from, but you can find
                                    > > variations many places.
                                    > > I don't think they lay on the center pillar, which is the androgyne
                                    > > pillar, the left is the female and the right is the maskuline, or in
                                    > > other words, the right is the pillar of Fire, the left the pillar of
                                    > > Water, and the center the pillar of air, and each of these
                                    > > soul-components should be of each their element.
                                    > >
                                    > > But if they were in the same pillar it should be the left pillar,
                                    with
                                    > > Binah as the original mother, the Thrones, creater of mankind,
                                    Geburah
                                    > > as the creater of the sun system, the Elohims, and Hod as Sophia, or
                                    > > rather Anthroposophia, as she is named now.
                                    > > [Christian Rosencreuz]

                                    <http://kimgraaemunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/christianrosencreutz-c\
                                    \
                                    > > olor.jpg>
                                    > > Normally we start with Malkuth as the physical, Yesod as the
                                    etheric,
                                    > > and up to Chesed as Atma, but some set the Astral triangle to the
                                    body,
                                    > > the ethical triangle to the soul and, above the Abyss, the Supernal
                                    > > triangle, to the spirit.
                                    > >
                                    > > Kim
                                    > >
                                    > > [Four Words - extended]
                                    > > <http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=11>
                                    > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
                                    > > <dottie_z@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Kim, that is a very interesting consideration with the four
                                    worlds.
                                    > > Can you share the link with that image so I can see further a thing.
                                    It
                                    > > almost appears as if we could consider the Sun Moon Earth and maybe
                                    the
                                    > > fourth is when they are all united and maybe too this then
                                    represents
                                    > > the Ego of all three united.
                                    > > > My thought on the next image is that in the center pillar we can
                                    see:
                                    > > > Yesod = Sentient Soul
                                    > > > Tiperetjh = Intellectual Soul
                                    > > > Datath = Consciousness Soul
                                    > > > These are the Marys, the Mothers, who lead us ever onwards and
                                    > > upwards.
                                    > > > Thanks for these considerations,
                                    > > > Dottie

                                  • Kim
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
                                      Dear Are,
                                      It's a little difficult to believe without deeper knowledge about what
                                      actually happens.

                                      If we assume it is real, it's black magic as the energy is drawn out of
                                      people, they don't give it freely. Ahrimanic beings functions like a
                                      sponge.

                                      Then there is the why, and it could be to increase the strength of their
                                      leaders and it can be to keep the members weak, which is done by many
                                      organizations to bind their members to the organization through various
                                      means.

                                      Kim

                                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Are Thoresen"

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
                                        Yes, what I am trying to say is that it is the human progress up the ladder so to speak and so to the sides we have what the human beings is transforming in each of the aspects of what he lost from a down up and now is moving up down and each of these he must realign in his own bodies. So although the Malkuth is of the earth so are the others but in ascendance is how I can see it. I understand though what you are saying.