Hole quote of the month (early)

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2011
      This one's a few days early but is so jaw-droppingly good that it seemed worth jumping ahead for:

      Diana, " We do reason and think and probably even have spiritual experiences
      with the use of all our senses"

      Dennis: "Whence comes this sentence and what does it mean?"

      Diana: "It came from me. What part of the sentence don't you understand? "Sense free" is
      bullshit. You're not ever going to be sense-free until you're dead. When you
      have your various experiences, whether those you call "spiritual" or something
      else, you are using your senses, if you're human. Sorry."

      I think that this is good evidence for the poor quality of some of the modern, liberal arts humanities study that people like Diana appear to have gained their education from. In my view, people taking these courses ought to supplement them with some good old fashioned, sharp and cold Ahrimanic science and maths. It's good for the soul!

      T.

      Ted Wrinch
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2011
        Something in this statement from Diana is very, very interesting, Ted. I'm dead serious, no pun intended -- what I mean by that will become evident here:

        Diana writes:

        "You're not ever going to be sense-free until you're dead."

        That's the whole point, namely initiation. You can't cross the threshold unless a) you're initiated, or b) you die. Initiation means to cross the threshold while still alive. In the old pre-Christian Temple Mysteries, the candidate for initiation had to be dead for three days and nights, something that is no longer possible because the etheric and physical bodies are now too tightly stringed together. But it was still possible at the time of Christ, and this is what he did with Lazarus-John. After the Mystery of Golgotha, it became possible for man to be initiated without having to die -- at least temporarily -- for 72 hours.

        So Diana knows she can be sense-free, but she doesn't believe in initiation, and she doesn't believe in Christ either, especially the Christ described by anthroposophists, whom she loathes with a passion. But it's obvious that she has a longing for this, and that it frustrates her that she can't "get it" as she once put it herself. I think she once said that when she was exposed to Waldorf, she tried to understand anthroposophy, but she "didn't get it."

        After that, I did a hard Pauline Christian lovathon on her, trying to encourage her to have a Damascus experience and an Epiphany, with full salvation and all that. And not long ago, she said she wished anthroposophists would talk more about salvation, because they are doing too little of that.

        Diana is on her way, Ted, which means she won't be a smelly swamp on Future Jupiter after all. We just need to keep praying hard for her, and she'll come around. Let's not give up hope on that lady. Imagine how powerful her testimony will be as a former Sugar Cherub and all, wow!

        > This one's a few days early but is so jaw-droppingly good that it seemed worth jumping ahead for:
        >
        > Diana, " We do reason and think and probably even have spiritual experiences
        > with the use of all our senses"
        >
        > Dennis: "Whence comes this sentence and what does it mean?"
        >
        > Diana: "It came from me. What part of the sentence don't you understand? "Sense free" is
        > bullshit. You're not ever going to be sense-free until you're dead. When you
        > have your various experiences, whether those you call "spiritual" or something
        > else, you are using your senses, if you're human. Sorry."
        >
        > I think that this is good evidence for the poor quality of some of the modern, liberal arts humanities study that people like Diana appear to have gained their education from. In my view, people taking these courses ought to supplement them with some good old fashioned, sharp and cold Ahrimanic science and maths. It's good for the soul!
        >
        > T.
        >
        > Ted Wrinch

      • ted.wrinch
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28, 2011
          Well Taz,

          You and she seem have some degree of report and, for all I know, you may well be right about her chance for salvation being less far away. I do hope so and love is what we all need. But not from me! I just couldn't bear the pedantry when I was over there and found the few interactions that I had to have with her not rewarding or enjoyable at all. But I know that she found me 'unpleasant' too, wheres she thinks that you are a nice, if somewhat loopy, guy. So perhaps you can mediate her Damascene experience!

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2011

            > I do hope so and love is what we all need. But not from me! I just couldn't bear the pedantry when I was over there and found the few interactions that I had to have with her not rewarding or enjoyable at all. But I know that she found me 'unpleasant' too, wheres she thinks that you are a nice, if somewhat loopy, guy. So perhaps you can mediate her Damascene experience!

            Diana loves you too, Ted, she really does, because very, very deep inside she longs for the love of Christ and of anthropopsophy and Steiner; this hasn't been her favorite interest for decades for nothing, believe me. She just needs a little nudging to be brought around, that's all. It's like "The Taming of the Shrew" by Shakespeare, made into that lovely musical "Kiss Me, Kate". Here is a song that explains the state Diana is in: "I hate men." As it turns out, Kate really loves men like women should, just like Diana loves anthroposophy like all good spiritually striving people do deep, deep inside whether they admit it or not:

            I Hate Men (Kiss Me Kate)

            I'll change the lyrics to fit Diana's situation later on if I get aropund to it. If not, you can do it, Ted.

            Diana loves music and comedy and musicals, and I think she loves flowers too. So Diana, I hope you read this, because here is our anthroposophical Michael Flower just for you:

            This is a Michaelmas gift from the AT community to our beloved Sugar Cherub Sister and Princess and Goddess Diana winters.

            With all our warmth and love and prayers and blessings,

            Tarjei and the Church of Cyber-Anthroposophy
          • Are Thoresen
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29, 2011

              Diana, " We do reason and think and probably even have spiritual experiences
              with the use of all our senses"

              Dennis: "Whence comes this sentence and what does it mean?"

              Diana: "It came from me. What part of the sentence don't you understand? "Sense free" is
              bullshit. You're not ever going to be sense-free until you're dead. When you
              have your various experiences, whether those you call "spiritual" or something
              else, you are using your senses, if you're human. Sorry."

              This discussion is very interesting and important. This depends on what you call your senses. When I for example see, and communicate, with dead enteties, or elemental spirits, I do not at all see them with my senses, but with my spirit, or soul, and this I call sense free observations. Or is it not??

              Are

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2011
                I agree. It's extraordinary. Diana is really coming of age; she's now an epistemologist (in spite of Der Staudi), empiricist, philosopher, right on par with the biggies from the Enlightenment. And wasn't she the very one who didn't believe in miracles? My Golly!!

                Tarjei

                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Are Thoresen" <arethore@...> wrote:

                > Diana, " We do reason and think and probably even have spiritual experiences
                > with the use of all our senses"
                >
                > Dennis: "Whence comes this sentence and what does it mean?"
                >
                > Diana: "It came from me. What part of the sentence don't you understand?
                > "Sense free" is
                > bullshit. You're not ever going to be sense-free until you're dead. When you
                > have your various experiences, whether those you call "spiritual" or
                > something
                > else, you are using your senses, if you're human. Sorry."
                >

                > This discussion is very interesting and important. This depends on what you
                > call your senses. When I for example see, and communicate, with dead
                > enteties, or elemental spirits, I do not at all see them with my senses, but
                > with my spirit, or soul, and this I call sense free observations. Or is it
                > not??
                >
                > Are

              • ted.wrinch
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 29, 2011
                  "This discussion is very interesting and important. This depends on what you call your senses. When I for example see, and communicate, with dead enteties, or elemental spirits, I do not at all see them with my senses, but with my spirit, or soul, and this I call sense free observations. Or is it not??"

                  Yes, this is what I had in mind when I posted it. Perhaps we should be more accurate and say free of the *physical* senses, and not the spiritual senses, which include our internal senses for such things as thought and feeling.

                  T.