Re: A new set of stories

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2011
      A young esoteric student tracked down Uncle Taz the Wise in his hermit cave and asked him: "How many Sugar Cherubs and how many Adorable Darlings does it take to change a light bulb?"

      Uncle Taz the Wise smiled warmly and said, "As a neophyte on the Path, the answer should be elementary to you, shouldn't it?"

      The young esoteric student gave it his best shot: "Three Sugar Cherubs and one Adorable Darling: The Adorable Darling holds the bulb, and the three Sugar Cherubs turn the ladder around?"

      "Not quite," said Uncle Taz, "You need to study those humanoids with a much sharper power of observation before you understand their nature. Then the correct answer will come to you."

      The young esoteric student thought about this very hard, and a silence of twenty minutes passed between them. "Can't you give me a clue, O Wise Elf and Honorable Member of the Lodge of Planetary Aunts and Uncles?"

      Uncle Taz replied: "Because of your diligence and devotion to deeper learning, I will give you the answer to this riddle, but I expect you to decipher all the others by yourself. You are right about the Adorable Darling being only one, but for the wrong reason. And not three, but one hundred Sugar Cherubs are needed. The Adorable Darling's head glows in the dark like a moon, because Adorable Darlings are all loony, lunar, by nature. The Sugar Cherubs only see that glowing head in the dark, not knowing that it's an Adorable Darling, so they need to catch him to fasten him to the ceiling. But that's not easy, because Adorable Darlings jump around like kangaroos and the Sugar Cherubs are poor catchers, so they need eighty of their number to hunt him down and capture him, fifteen to hold him down, and an additional five to fasten him to their ceiling, so they get enough light to read everything that der Staudi instructs them to read."

      The young esoteric student marveled at the wise Elf-Uncle's words, fell on his knees and exclaimed: "Master! Master! Your knowledge and wisdom exceeds all the knowledge on the internet and in all the libraries!" But Uncle Taz the Wise chided the young man for this emotional outburst and told him to make an extensive journey in the wilderness in order to boost his own self-esteem and sharpen his thinking. "Thou shall be seeking Lucifer", said Uncle Taz the Wise, and when you find him, you shall say that I have sent thee!"

      The young esoteric student did exactly as Uncle Taz had commanded him, and if he hasn't returned, he is still roaming the Earth in search of the Lightbearer.