Chris Hedges on 9/11

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2011
      "The fate of the 'jumpers' said something so profound, so disturbing, about our own fate, smallness in the universe and fragility that it had to be banned. The 'jumpers' illustrated that there are thresholds of suffering that elicit a willing embrace of death. The 'jumpers' reminded us that there will come, to all of us, final moments when the only choice will be, at best, how we will choose to die, not how we are going to live. And we can die before we physically expire." ( -- Chris Hedges: A Decade After 9/11: We Are What We Loathe  )