True Confession

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2011
      -- In waldorf-critics@yahoogroups.com, Dippy Dan <dan@...> wrote:

      > > It is often mentioned that Waldorf should inform parents as much as possible about the curriculum that supports its alternative to public school approach. And this is true.
      >
      > Have a look at this very good article by Ronald Koetzsh, the editor of Renewal:
      >
      > http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/articles/anthroposophy101.html
      >
      > This kind of frankness is, unfortunately, rare in the movement.
      >
      > -Dan

      Then Peter-Puller Pete chimes in:
      Thank you Dan. I'd never seen this. It would make a nice leaflet to pass out at parent meetings. They could just leave some laying around at the May Faire... C'mon Waldorf... get behind disclosure! Don't make critics do it for
      you.
      ________

      Note the WC methodology. This guy Koetzsh writes a synthesis of anthroposphy - a sort of A for beginners. Fine. So Dan and Pete scream hurray! - wow! - disclosure! As though Waldorf schools or anybody else has been keeping this stuff secret. If any Waldorf school doesn't have a library and/or book store full of anthroposophical literature (I don't know of any), it's because they're too poor. Yet Dan and Pete treat this article as a CONFESSION. Which is downright false. A parent who doesn't know that Waldorf pedagogy is based on anthroposophy either doesn't want to know or, because of some blow to his/her ego or family feuds, divorces and such, blames the school.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2011
        When I participated in the Unthinkable Facility  trench warfares way back ten and twelve years ago respectively, lots of stuff I contributed was received as revelations and confessions and so on, thank you for being so honest, so blunt etc. The perception seemed to be that my personal take on anthroposophy was being shared by Waldorf teachers and taught to little children in Waldorf schools.