Dopey Dan Dugan on the pot

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 7:12 AM
      "I've read about 50 Steiner books from cover to cover. And subscribed to several
      Anthroposophical periodicals. And attended lectures. And been a Waldorf parent.
      And visited many Waldorf schools. If you have to believe in order to understand,
      then I know nothing. But that's a lame epistemology, a refuge for stubborn
      believers in nonsense.

      -Dan"

      The situation here is obvious. Dopey Dan has knowledge of anthroposophy...according to him. But he lacks *understanding*. A common enough problem in all walks of life and all subjects.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 9:24 AM
        If I had come to that conclusion a quarter century ago like DD did, I would have changed my children's school and concentrated on some world view or philosophy that appealed to me instead. In other words, moved on. The problem with the Sugar Cherubs is that there's nothing for them to move on to, to love, to be enthusiastic or positive about. Their attitude to Waldorf is like someone with a bitter divorce who can never love again, who is too obsessed with his or her ex spouse ever to bond again with another human being.  Their philosophy, or worldview, always has an anti- prefix. They're anti-anthroposophy, anti-Steiner and anti-Waldorf, and they're also anti-religion, anti-spirituality, anti-esotericism and so on. Never pro- anything. They've never found a new love, as if their divorce from Waldorf was so heartbreaking they'll never be able to love again. Afraid of getting hurt maybe. ("Waldorf survivors = heartbroken divorcees")

        Like George W. Bush would have put it: It's because they hate life. They hate freedom. They hate love. They hate light. They hate warmth. They love the opposite of all these things, namely sarkness, hatred, cold, and slavery.

        "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." ( -- John 1:5)

        Tarjei

        (P.S. There's a superfluous "the" in the title, maybe a typo -- ?)

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1 9:30 AM

          > They
          > love the opposite of all these things, namely sarkness, hatred, cold,
          > and slavery.

          They hate sarkness too, not only darkness. Sarkness means self-irony; I just coined it, hoping it will hit the dictionary soon.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1 3:57 PM

            > (P.S. There's a superfluous "the" in the title, maybe a typo -- ?)

            No, not a typo. Go figure. (WC)
            f.
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1 4:09 PM
              No use trying to potty train him if he's as constipated as the rest of them....