St. Peter [Staudenmaier]

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2011

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoutherncrossreview.org%2F78%2Floyola-small.jpg&t=1500730249&sig=ReXW6485su.oh0D8yzru5Q--~C

      St. Ignatio Loyola

      Peter Staudenmaier has recently been named professor of modern German history at Marquette University.

      "Marquette is a Catholic, Jesuit university in Milwaukee, Wis., dedicated to serving God by serving our students and contributing to the advancement of knowledge."

      Helmut Zander is often mentioned by Peter S. as a colleague. He is the author of a 2 volume so called historical-critical (mostly critical) study of anthroposophy (in German).

      "Since 2011 Helmut Zander is Professor of Religious Studies in the Faculty for Catholic Theology at the Université de Fribourg [Switzerland]."

      Why is this interesting? First check out this lecture (and, eventually,  the 2 previous ones):

      http://southerncrossreview.org/78/steiner-catholicism3.html

      Excerpt: "...Now, you see, the science of initiation makes it always possible to investigate such things, and I set myself the task of making certain investigations concerning this Encyclical. I am bound to say that here, as in so many other things, what was promulgated by the Pope "ex cathedra" at that time was really drawn from out of the spiritual world. I mean that what flowed into that Encyclical did come down from the spiritual world. But in an extraordinary way it was completely reversed! Everywhere where there should have been a `yes' there was a `no', and vice-versa. That is something — and I could give other instances — which shows that the Roman Church has today some sort of real connection with the spiritual world but one that is extraordinarily harmful for mankind. Therefore, we need not be surprised that it sees in the rise of modern spiritual science something which it wishes at all costs to get rid of, for what is the effect of this new spiritual science? It brings about a consciousness of a prenatal life, of preexistence. That may not be! Under no circumstances shall that happen! So spiritual science must be condemned; for spiritual science calls man's attention to his own being, makes him aware that he consists of body, soul, and spirit. Under no circumstances may that be; therefore spiritual science must be condemned. People would see, for example, that the dogma of eternal damnation in hell is an Aristotelian consequence of the creation of the soul at physical birth. Suppose a Catholic theologian today studies the connection between Aristotle and Scholasticism, and perceives that the Scholastics derived their proof of the origin of the soul together with the physical body from the philosophy of Aristotle! He would see behind the scenes to the origin of dogma. What is done to prevent this? The theologian is made to take the oath against Modernism. He is made to swear that it is part of his creed that he can never come to a historical conclusion contrary to dogmas which emanate from Rome. The fact that he has taken this oath works so strongly on his feelings that he is confused in his research and can never come to see how dogma relates to the history of humanity. Now things cannot remain in this state if initiation science appears, and therefore this science of initiation must under all circumstances be condemned..."

      Are Staudenmaier and Zander conscious agents of the Roman Church in its efforts to condemn spiritual science? I don't know, but given their actions and where they practice their professions, I would say that the circumstantial evidence is substantial.