Re: Message from Egypt

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2011

      > Jung noticed time and again that mythical stuff appeared in his patients' dreams - stuff that they couldn't possibly know. So he attributed it to the "collective unconscious" - actually a Freudian concept (I think - open to correction). Jung never took reincarnation seriously until near the end of his life when he admitted it as a possibility (see "Memories, Dreams, Reflections). If he had accepted it earlier, it most likely would have replaced the Collective consciousness idea IMO.

      Peter Normann Waage told me many years ago, in 1994, I think, in the early email days, that Jung learned about Steiner's teachings through a patient of his, who was attending Steiner's lectures. So Jung turned everything he heard that way into symbolism. Fascinating stuff, don't remember the rest.  Ill see if I can locate Peter's very old email and his possible references, if there were any. Or you could ask him if this tickles your fancy or flips your trigger, I've got him on FB.