Re: Message from Egypt

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2011

      (snip)
      > Arnvid shares with us this article from Aliaa's blog,"A Dawn of a New Era: The January 25 Egyptian Revolution":
      >
      > Thursday, July 28, 2011
      > A Dawn of a New Era: The January 25 Egyptian Revolution
      >
      > http://divinecontentment.blogspot.com/2011/07/dawn-of-new-era.html
      >
      > Excerpt:
      >
      > "When I repeat the expression `spirit of Egypt', I recall Carl J. Jung approach in relation to the collective unconsciousness, and the archetypes. He was convinced that we carry the accumulated experiences of our human history within our psyche at the level of the unconsciousness. In Tahrir square, people came to recognize themselves and their ethical power that was the core of building a great civilization. This was evident for even foreigners who lived the experience of the square. A journalist in a famous show- talk program, said he was present during critical revolutionary events in Iran, Sudan and recently Tunis, but what he saw in Egypt during that time was different. Not only was his struck by the peacefulness of the revolutionists, but also by the way that people came together as one entity without central leadership. He expressed his amazement that despite their ideological, class, and professional differences, they had clear vision and objectives. From his perspective that was a moment of a new rebirth of the Egyptian people who have come together to recognize their One Self."
      _______

      Jung noticed time and again that mythical stuff appeared in his patients' dreams - stuff that they couldn't possibly know. So he attributed it to the "collective unconscious" - actually a Freudian concept (I think - open to correction). Jung never took reincarnation seriously until near the end of his life when he admitted it as a possibility (see "Memories, Dreams, Reflections). If he had accepted it earlier, it most likely would have replaced the Collective consciousness idea IMO.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2011

        > Jung noticed time and again that mythical stuff appeared in his patients' dreams - stuff that they couldn't possibly know. So he attributed it to the "collective unconscious" - actually a Freudian concept (I think - open to correction). Jung never took reincarnation seriously until near the end of his life when he admitted it as a possibility (see "Memories, Dreams, Reflections). If he had accepted it earlier, it most likely would have replaced the Collective consciousness idea IMO.

        Peter Normann Waage told me many years ago, in 1994, I think, in the early email days, that Jung learned about Steiner's teachings through a patient of his, who was attending Steiner's lectures. So Jung turned everything he heard that way into symbolism. Fascinating stuff, don't remember the rest.  Ill see if I can locate Peter's very old email and his possible references, if there were any. Or you could ask him if this tickles your fancy or flips your trigger, I've got him on FB.