Egotism and reincarnation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2011
      "Just think that if the human being, not merely theoretically with ideas and concepts, but with the whole inner life of his soul, were to grasp the truth that this earthly life as he enters it through birth lays upon him the obligation of fulfilling a mission which he has brought with him from a life before birth! Just think how egotism would vanish if that thought were to fill our souls, if this earthly life were regarded as a task which must be fulfilled because it is linked to a higher-than-earthly life through which we have previously passed! Egotism is combated by the feeling that stirs in us when we look upon life on earth as a continuation of a higher-than-earthly life, just as it is fostered by the religious denominations which speak only of life after death. That is what is important for man's social well being, to restore the fact of his preexistence to the consciousness of mankind of the present and of the future, and of course the idea of reincarnation is inseparable from that of the preexistence of the human soul." Rudolf Steiner

      http://southerncrossreview.org/78/steiner-catholicism3.html