Re: Southern Cross Review Nr. 77

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
      Very cool, Frank, thank you!

      > Dear A_T Friends,
      > If you re interested in how to solve the Greek euro-zone crisis and find out what it has to do with Argentina, of all places, and even how it reflects a certain parallel world, don't hesitate to check you copy of http://SouthernCrossReview.org now resting on your cyber-doorstep. Just open to the "Editor's Page".
      > Then, under "Fiction", another "true"story by R. Ariel Gomez about Paul the Octopus's … er ...reincarnation? No … cloning.
      > Under "current Events" we offer an article by Rebecca Solnit about Africa and Africans and those who have been exploiting them since colonial times and into the present. Also, Paul Krugman shoots down the politicians and pundits who work for them, who claim that the public is to blame for the current world-wide economic crisis, including the euro mess. He places the blame where it belongs. And Andrew J. Bacevich hopes that the United States has finally come to its senses after the latest messianic incursions into Iraq and Afghanistan.
      > There's only one feature under features this issue: Helen Lock's thoughts about Zora Neale Hurston
      > (never heard of her? – well now you have) and the African American Odyssey.
      > In the "Science" section, Prof. Konrad Rudnicki explains at some length the importance of Goethe's scientific work. Goethe (with tongue in cheek, I presume, but who knows?) stated that he was a scientist who dabbled in literature.
      > Under "Anthroposophy" you will find Rudolf Steiner's second lecture about "Freedom and the Catholic Church (in Englaih and Spanish), as well as the continuation of his "karma" lectures. As an important added treat, don't neglect Steiner's "Foundation Stone" meditation in English, Spanish and German.
      > Which brings us to the "Poetry" section and two of my all-time favorite poets: William Blake and Edna St. Vincent Millay – whose very name is poetic.
      > Enjoy!
      > Frank Thomas Smith – Editor
      > http://southernCrossReview.org

    • Jo Selsjord
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 379 KB
      Thank you, Frank, for another strutting edition - temptation indeed from
      Matisse's wondrous lesson and meditation on light and form - all the way
      through to your two select poets. I do miss the enhancing 'y' in
      Blake's original 'Tyger', but two (to me new) poems by Edna St. Vincent
      Millay makes good compensation.

      JoS

      Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Selsjord <jo@...> wrote:

        > Thank you, Frank, for another strutting edition - temptation indeed from
        > Matisse's wondrous lesson and meditation on light and form - all the way
        > through to your two select poets. I do miss the enhancing 'y' in
        > Blake's original 'Tyger', but two (to me new) poems by Edna St. Vincent
        > Millay makes good compensation.
        >
        > JoS

        I see that you are a unashamed dinosaur, Jos. Welcome to the club. However, Master Blake's Tyger looks more like my grandma than the real thing.
        Frank