Israel

  • Zoorrow23
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2011
      I traveled to Israel for a short guided tour about 5 years ago, at the same time N Israel was being bombed from Lebanon (a beautiful country).
      We had a Jewish guide with a Russian back ground. He had lived in Israel for 30 years and he knew his job very well.

      He showed us several towns in the middle part of Israel mostly inhabited by Arabs. He told us that Arab communities like to live with their immediate kin (of their Kind). And if they could they would have detached properties and extend them to house near relatives and the married partners of their children. They would not choose to live in an apartment block even with fellow Arabs - as there preference is to live with blood relatives.

      Most of the restaurants we stopped at to eat were Arab run business's. And this was in the heart of Israel.

      When we visited Bethlehem - run by the Palestine community it is a very different climate. I would say that the Arab Palestine community have a much more straight forward approach to the problem, and I can't see Israel ever losing its grip as long as the Arab community approach the problem with a , what i would call a legitimate claim - albeit put across in an nieve way.

      The Palestine would be more successful if they educated themselves, as would any one. This does not excuse the Israel's but makes it easier for them to dominate.

      Other aspects to take into account in the very strong Jewish lobby in the US and to a lesser extend in Europe. And the Christian lobby in USA that will work for ever to keep the Israel people in Israel.

      What do you do when you are a defeated Nation, and can't muster the were for all to over throw your oppressors and you don't want to live with them.

      Interestingly i asked my guide what Jews thought of Jesus, what Judaism thought of Jesus. He said, and he did not really want to say anything, that Jesus was a Rabbi and we disagreed with him.

      Judaism a waits the Messiah, not knowing Christ walked the Earth for 3 years nearly 2000 years ago, The Judaic Priesthood knew who Christ Jesus was, but he did not suit their ends - which ended a short 40 yeas later.

      Very few people Christian or Judaic know that the second coming is happening and will continue to happen for many years to come. A focus on that will heal many of past issues still grumbling away now.

      Robin