Re: Trolls

    Message 1 of 114 , May 2 7:50 AM
      Speaking of Shakespeare -- he really put a lot of trolling into his plays, especially his comedies. Not only A Midsummer Night's Dream, but take Portia in her disguise of a man of law in The Merchant of Venice as a classic troll.

      There are also a lot of people who believe that Shakespeare himself was a troll -- Francis Bacon's troll or Christopher Marlowe's troll. Personally, I've always believed that Shakespeare was Shakespeare, and Steiner thought the same btw, but the rumor itself is part and parcel of the trolling culture.

      I don't think the most venomous anti-troll fanatics can possibly enjoy a Shakesparian comedy, and they obviously have no sense of humor -- well, except when holefolks make fun of "esotericists" or what they call them, but they're incapable of laughing at themselves or of making fun of their own views, which is why they're so inept at trolling they rarely even try, and when they do try, like Pete K at wikipedia, they're immediately exposed because of their tranaparency. They're extremely poor actors.

      Some anthro-wackos are intimately related to holefolks in this regard, with similar fanaticism, absence of humor, and inability to laugh at themselves. And you'll never see any of them at a Shakespeare play.

      Message 114 of 114 , Jan 18, 2012

        > Tarjei has characterised Johan on WC as an Adorable Darling, or perhaps an Adorable Cherub, but I don't think he's really either. I think he's our first secular humanist fundamentalist. He expresses his views with such strength, and with such intransigence against all opposing views, that he's an oracle of secular humanism.

        He's supposed to be a riddle, an enigma, hard to define, impossible to understand. Obnoxious and irresistibly mysterious.

        > But, like Tom M, he seems unable to help himself throwing out interesting things amongst the chaos from time to time.

        Those are teasers, to keep them hooked and glued.

        > His latest post, accusing Alicia and Diana of being trolls (after accusing Janet Biel of being an eco-fascist!!. You can imagine Der Staudi's response :)) is one such and he references this fascinating Steiner critic blog that critiques the critics (this internecine warfare is starting to make my head spin). The authors are referring to our Diana, Alicia, Pete, and also another regular called Thetis Mecurio. Many of the abusive posts referred to as being on Alicia's blog have already been censored, as have these people, who have apparently been banned from the Alicias site, 'the Ethereal Kiosk'.

        He hates anthroposophy with a passion, he thinks it's extremely disgusting and reprehensible, dangerous and stomach-churning, Nazi and fascist and all that. Anthroposopphy is also eco-fascist, and Peter Staudenmaier is an eco-fascist agent for anthroposophy who is pretending to be a critic, and the others are his partners in crime.

        > An Open letter to all those identifying themselves as Steiner/Waldorf Critics.
        >
        > 1. Do the critics generally approve of the aggressive behaviour of some critics towards people who've had negative experiences of the Steiner movement but whose methods may not be understood?

        Of course they do, no question about it.

        > 2. Do these people who apparently see themselves as gatekeepers of Steiner criticism actually represent the views of all critics?

        Their views are highly suspect.

        > We unfortunately have to report the fact that we have observed and experienced both passive aggression arising out of a self-protective "need" for anonymity which makes it very hard to call someone to account, and active aggression, which seeks to destroy that which it says it does not understand, by means of public mobbing behaviour.

        They are very aggressive, so he has to address that issue.

        > Either of these forces could have a very negative effect on anyone, but especially on families coming out of damaging scenarios at Steiner schools, where they experienced the schools' cultish, xenophobic, and often brutish behaviour.  Finding such aggression among those apparently `critical' of the awful behaviour of Steiner schools, could very well become a wounding force even worse than the original, due to the secondary nature of the wounding together with a reasonable expectation of finding, among those claiming to be critical of Steiner education, at least a fair hearing.

        That's the point: They're pretending to be critical of Waldorf while they're secretly working for its global dominance.

        > It is shocking to have to flag up such behaviours in the critics, but it gets worse because in mobbing us, Alicia Hamberg has clearly positioned herself as a protector of Steiner Critics generally, with significant influence and the apparent power to "endorse" projects. In banning us and professing the need to warn others about us; she has acted as a Gatekeeper.

        There you go. They're Anthroposophists, Jesuits, Freemasons, and Fascists all of them, with gatekeepers and deceptions and a secret and dangerous totalitarian agenda.