Re: on Judith von Halle

  • hsmyla
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2011
      Food, or eating, is not a means of energy production as such. Actually, the laws of thermal dynamics, or any physical-chemical laws at that, don't hold true once inside the living organism; instead, you have there, a whole different organization.
      Eating food , most importantly, is used for all members of man, not just the physical, to work, working to give the astral and ego bodies a place to work against the countering forces of the physical and etheric.
      You see, we have digestion being a completely personal experience, being entirely marked by the ego. This can be seen in physical science as everyone has a different blood composition, for instance. In order for the ego to work; i.e., to have logical and rational thinking, the human must be able to first overcome all the forces of the foreign substance brought into the body; then the substance is raised up, to cosmic being, for a brief time as it passes the intestinal wall to the cosmic forces, then it is made physical again, delivered through the blood, which is permeated always with the ego, into each person's own respective building material; i.e., protein.
      In other words, food is not for energy perse, but for allowing the four bodies of man to work in harmony: the metabolic pole in digesting and movement in limbs, i.e., willing, countering the nerve-sense pole, i.e., thinking, while the heart lungs in the rhythmic system, i.e., feeling, mediating these two opposing forces.

      We can use some external help to support this three-fold being of man by turning to his relationship to the three-fold plant and deriving various and specific substances from it according to each man's circumstances. The plant, generally, forget trees here, is an inverted man. To keep it brief and to allow your own thinking on this:
      Roots - nerve-sense system - thinking - Brain;
      Leaves - rhythmic system - feeling - Lungs;
      Flowers - metabolic-limb system - willing - Kidneys;
      Of course there are other special foods out there like milk and fruit and honey
      and so on that each have their qualities.
      Fruit - circulatory system - blood;
      Seed - Organ formation - Heart

      You see, we have a breaking down process constantly opposing a building-up force.
      Therefore, it is not about how many calories we take; but rather whether or not we can overcome the substances brought, awakening the cosmic forces, quickening them, and ripening them within.
      Man is not merely some combustion machine as most people think.

      I am still thinking how one can go without food indefinitely. We need a warmth
      process in order for the ego-consciousness to work and nutrition provides just
      that, and more, that being nutrients.
      This reminds me of how a large heater was built in Nicolaus von der Flue's chamber because he supposedly stopped eating. This was in has last 20 or so years of life.
      We also see with Judith von halle that she had been her been most of her life with some form physical eating of food substance to obtain the forces necessary to maintain her organisation. So, perhaps after recognition of an important task, these people can last, only for a certain amount of time, without nutrition as such. It might very well be that this is a sign that these people will and know they will die soon.

      It sure would be nice to not have to eat anymore because as for some people it can be a major hindrance of mind, body, and soul, and for instance, enslaving one in obsessive thoughts about food, body image, etc. However, overcoming this could be good spiritual work.

      P.S., If you want, see Rudolf Steiner on brain-sand which is very accurate according to what we see through material science and gives good insight into thinking and how eating can play an important role.

      warmly,
      myla

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimgm@...> wrote:

      > The idea are that with a running chakra system you get the energy from
      > the spiritual world directly so you don't need food for energy
      > production.
      > <fts.trasla@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Graae Munch"
      > kimgm@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If Prokofief was so insulted as he says, he is not the master he
      > tries to
      > > > get others to believe.
      > > > We had a discussion about those stigmatas earlier in this group and
      > we found
      > > > that Steiner had described the stigmatas as part of the Christian
      > path, not
      > > > anything abnormal. That she haven't eaten for years, or at least
      > only a
      > > > little, is really not a miracle it's simply a consequence of the
      > initiation,
      > > > but most choose to eat, although a kind of diet.
      > >
      > > You gotta be kidding, Kim. You make it sound like diet-coke instead of
      > the real thing.
      > > Frank

    • hsmyla
      Message 32 of 32 , May 1, 2011