Gifts for Charlotte (was: Tom in the slime pit)

  • cinnamon94@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
      Tom had been beckoning her to go over to WC for weeks.

      At this point, though, I think the only decent thing to do is refrain from discussing people who are no longer participating. So, I won't be saying anything else. I am however, sending some "gifts," which is something I do when I feel the need to make amends for incorrigible behavior at parties and whatnot.

      But how do you send a gift to someone you don't really know? I tend to go for multiples. The "risky" gift (the real gift) and the safe bet (a testimony to "its the thought that counts, so please work with me here!")

      With apologies and and warm wishes, I send a bracelet and a pair of warm mittens.

      A "Charlotte Sometimes" bracelet (made by The Cure):

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkNkNqm2xU

      Warm "All you Need is Love" mittens (made by The Beatles):

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk&feature=related

      Please enjoy in good health!

      > Tom seems to be plumbing depths of depravity I didn't know he had access to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waldorf-critics/message/18460. Perhaps *this* was why he had to leave anthroposophy. Allied to his own racism and the megalomania of believing that he was Rudolph Steiner we see a degree of dishonesty approaching that of the prof: not only did he untruthfully claim that I had said that the Jewish people were to blame for Christ's death (I had explicitly said the opposite) he is now claiming that I have called Diana 'vile', which I have never done (just search the record - there are 44 references on WC, none with my name on them). And he is still blackening poor Charlotte's name by saying the same of her, when she merely called Diana's profane language 'vile'. As for his backdoor insults of Diana: why does he believe that it's acceptable to behave like this? What a sad individual; how low can you sink…

      > Another sad, lost individual...
      >
      > T.
      >
      > Ted Wrinch

    • val2160
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@..." <cinnamon94@...> wrote:

        > Tom had been beckoning her to go over to WC for weeks.
        >
        > At this point, though, I think the only decent thing to do is refrain from discussing people who are no longer participating. So, I won't be saying anything else. I am however, sending some "gifts," which is something I do when I feel the need to make amends for incorrigible behavior at parties and whatnot.
        >
        > But how do you send a gift to someone you don't really know? I tend to go for multiples. The "risky" gift (the real gift) and the safe bet (a testimony to "its the thought that counts, so please work with me here!")
        >
        > With apologies and and warm wishes, I send a bracelet and a pair of warm mittens.
        >
        > A "Charlotte Sometimes" bracelet (made by The Cure):
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkNkNqm2xU
        >

        > Warm "All you Need is Love" mittens (made by The Beatles):
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk&feature=related
        >

        > Please enjoy in good health!

        "Charlotte Sometimes" always reminds me of Pretty Princess and I would make an afghan to go along with that if it weren't for the fact that my knitting needles were confiscated on my last flight, I guess, for precisely that reason.-Val
      • ted.wrinch
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
          Mittens, afghans and bracelets - how could she not be pleased!

          T.

          Ted Wrinch

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
          • ted.wrinch
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@..." <cinnamon94@...> wrote:

                > Tom had been beckoning her to go over to WC for weeks.

                How do you know that?
                Frank
              • ted.wrinch
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                • val2160
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011

                    > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@" cinnamon94@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Tom had been beckoning her to go over to WC for weeks.
                    >
                    > How do you know that?
                    > Frank

                    I'm thinkin' it's in his come hither good looks though it could be in his kiss but I wouldn't know about that-"Tom in the Slime Pit" does have the moves though obviously-or he wouldn't be there-jeez-that would have been enough IMHO.-Val

                  • val2160
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                      But wait-there's more:

                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                      > fts.trasla@ wrote:
                      > >

                      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@"
                      > cinnamon94@ wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Tom had been beckoning her to go over to WC for weeks.
                      > >
                      > > How do you know that?
                      > > Frank
                      >
                      > I'm thinkin' it's in his come hither good looks though it could be in
                      > his kiss but I wouldn't know about that-"Tom in the Slime Pit" does have
                      > the moves though obviously-or he wouldn't be there-jeez-that would have
                      > been enough IMHO.-Val

                    • val2160
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                        Ooooh, here's one particular striking pose even you should be able to relate to, Frank...

                        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                        > But wait-there's more:
                        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
                        > wrote:
                        > >

                        > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
                        > > fts.trasla@ wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@"

                        > > > How do you know that?
                        > > > Frank
                        > >
                        > > I'm thinkin' it's in his come hither good looks though it could be in
                        > > his kiss but I wouldn't know about that-"Tom in the Slime Pit" does
                        > have
                        > > the moves though obviously-or he wouldn't be there-jeez-that would
                        > have
                        > > been enough IMHO.-Val

                      • val2160
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                          On the other hand, it could have been the place itself that was attractive, sort of a modern day Stonehenge:

                        • cinnamon94@ymail.com
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                            He sent me the content of a message he sent to her. Just to be clear: he did not send me any of her replies and I have not returned any of his unsolicited emails. I am not interested in participating in this kind of thing.

                            As far as I am concerned, its fine to dislike anthroposophy and have an internet forum devoted to criticizing it. Its fine to have had a bad experience with a certain type of school and want to tell other people about what happened. What isn't acceptable is this whole manner of foolishness accompanying these legitimate endeavors. This is typical of groups who rally "against" something; they find it difficult to articulate what they are "for."

                            Especially if you believe that you only go around once, shape up and show that you are making it count!

                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                              Ok, thanks. I didn't understand why she went over there, thrown to the wolves, so to speak. The result was predictable.
                              Frank

                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@..." <cinnamon94@...> wrote:

                              > He sent me the content of a message he sent to her. Just to be clear: he did not send me any of her replies and I have not returned any of his unsolicited emails. I am not interested in participating in this kind of thing.
                              >
                              > As far as I am concerned, its fine to dislike anthroposophy and have an internet forum devoted to criticizing it. Its fine to have had a bad experience with a certain type of school and want to tell other people about what happened. What isn't acceptable is this whole manner of foolishness accompanying these legitimate endeavors. This is typical of groups who rally "against" something; they find it difficult to articulate what they are "for."
                              >
                              > Especially if you believe that you only go around once, shape up and show that you are making it count!
                              >

                              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@" <cinnamon94@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Tom had been beckoning her to go over to WC for weeks.
                              > >
                              > > How do you know that?
                              > > Frank

                            • val2160
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 2, 2011
                                My pictures did not come through and I find that deplorable.  Here is the picture of the moves and clearly not 'the runs':

                                The smoke has evidently not even cleared-I ask you-hat kind of a woman would NOT respond to this?  Tom's behavior though perhaps downright revolutionary is also seen by some as being depraved and despicable at the same time or at least on the same day which makes me wonder if there's not some confusion between the individual and the environment.  For instance, Tom could indeed have resorted to depravity:

                                In the face of a despicable environment:

                                Or he could have demonstrated despicable behavior:

                                In the confines of a  depraved community:

                                But so far as I can tell, and this is the important thing,-he has yet to be depraved in a depraved environment but then again that's just today and there's always tomorrow:

                              • ted.wrinch
                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
                                  Or a bit more Hibernian:

                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ourscJeIJbA

                                  T.

                                  Ted Wrinch

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
                                    A little bit. But also not - I think she found her own way over there and saw through the prof's obfuscation, as well as to the the pain that motivates some of the denizens. Her analysis of the dark heart of it all is also, to my mind, the best anyone's done. Her choice of significant spiritual texts to anchor the discussion was excellent, even if perhaps sometimes through good instinct: Blake is one of the prof's declared spiritual heroes - that he did not respond to Charlotte's choice of the Angel seems telling. That none of them would discuss the supposed anti-Semitism of the fifth gospel likewise.

                                    T.

                                    Ted Wrinch

                                  • cinnamon94@ymail.com
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
                                      I wonder if you could say more about this (Blake, the Angel?, etc.)? I'd be interested in reading your thoughts since I don't know what you are referring to. However, is there a way to do this without making her a part of the discussion?

                                      ------------

                                      >Her analysis of the dark heart of it all is also, to my mind, the best anyone's done. Her choice of significant spiritual texts to anchor the discussion was excellent, even if perhaps sometimes through good instinct: Blake is one of the prof's declared spiritual heroes - that he did not respond to Charlotte's choice of the Angel seems telling. That none of them would discuss the supposed anti-Semitism of the fifth gospel likewise.
                                      >
                                      > T.
                                      >
                                      > Ted Wrinch
                                      >
                                      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > > Ok, thanks. I didn't understand why she went over there, thrown to the wolves, so to speak. The result was predictable.
                                      > > Frank
                                      > >

                                      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@" <cinnamon94@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > He sent me the content of a message he sent to her. Just to be clear: he did not send me any of her replies and I have not returned any of his unsolicited emails. I am not interested in participating in this kind of thing.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > As far as I am concerned, its fine to dislike anthroposophy and have an internet forum devoted to criticizing it. Its fine to have had a bad experience with a certain type of school and want to tell other people about what happened. What isn't acceptable is this whole manner of foolishness accompanying these legitimate endeavors. This is typical of groups who rally "against" something; they find it difficult to articulate what they are "for."
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Especially if you believe that you only go around once, shape up and show that you are making it count!

                                    • ted.wrinch
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
                                        We don't need to bring her any further than she's walked already:

                                        "And yes, the clock does tick, which is why you will surely appreciate the
                                        quality of eternity when it settles upon you like gold dust â€" perhaps you even
                                        remember what it feels like? In which case there will be times when you long to
                                        feel it again. And while we do all ‘grow old’ on this Earth it is the wisdom
                                        of the child that so often proves enduring. I find it very helpful to keep in
                                        mind the sanguine words of one especially famous old duffer, favoured by mystics
                                        of all creeds, be they sober or sizzled:

                                        There could be more for me to say: did you have any question in mind?

                                        T.

                                        Ted Wrinch

                                      • cinnamon94@ymail.com
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 3, 2011
                                          Ok. I missed that. I don't really have a question.