Stump

  • cinnamon94@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 1, 2011
      Thanks for posting, Val.

      Since its Friday and all, I wonder if it might be fun to play a game of "Stump the Non-esotericist." To play the game you need at least one non-esotericist player, about 3 "judges" and a moderate length passage from an esoteric work. The passage is presented to the non-esotericist and then this person explains what is being said by summarizing sentences singularly or as small groups of sentences. Points are awarded by the judges for any statements matching theirs and points are deducted for missing, wrong or incomplete explanations. The non-esotericist can make up deducted points by playing the game again and again. The goal, of course, is to reach 0. In light of the goal, the judges may also award points for good sportsmanship, congeniality, cleverness, humor, etc. The non-esotericist may ask for a gift of points or even decline a gift of points.

      I'm willing to be the non-esotericist player. Anyone else want to play?

      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 4, 2011
        It seems to me that the key here is in the word "see", meaning that by Jesus's intervention - and his own faith - the blind man was able to see spiritually, become intitiated. btw, where it reads "Lord", the Greek could also mean "sir".
        Frank