Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: History and scholarship and the Google machine

  • JoAnn Schwartz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29 6:08 PM
      Hi Cinnamon,

      Ok, so I tried your experiment and I initially got 5 hits, 2 from AT, 2 from SCR and one random one that had little to do with anything. (Repeating the search got many more hits from the AT; perhaps it has something to do with where your server is?)

      Here's the problem. The folks over at the WC list are, for lack of a better term, "on a mission from God." Do you know how exhausting it is to push back against that kind of zealotry?

      Of course, Your Maya May Vary...

      JoAnn

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      "Our path to glory is to fail until we don't."
      --- Craig Ferguson

    • cinnamon94@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29 7:05 PM
        Thanks for the nice reply, JoAnn. For a few minutes today I felt like I was screaming at a brick wall.

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, JoAnn Schwartz <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

        > Hi Cinnamon,
        >
        > Ok, so I tried your experiment and I initially got 5 hits, 2 from AT, 2 from SCR and one random one that had little to do with anything. (Repeating the search got many more hits from the AT; perhaps it has something to do with where your server is?)
        >
        > Here's the problem. The folks over at the WC list are, for lack of a better term, "on a mission from God." Do you know how exhausting it is to push back against that kind of zealotry?
        >
        > Of course, Your Maya May Vary...
        >
        > JoAnn
        >
        > ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
        > "Our path to glory is to fail until we don't."
        > --- Craig Ferguson
        >

        > --- On Tue, 3/29/11, cinnamon wrote:
        >
        > > hmm. my first hit was the WC thread
        > > about Tarjei's instructions on how to leave AT, followed by
        > > an older AT thread and then 2 hits for SCR. It certainly
        > > will have something to do with previous selections (perhaps
        > > you visit old SCR articles more than me). In any event, I
        > > have had no problems coming up with yahoo groups on google
        > > and I can't possibly be alone in that.
        > >
        > > --- "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:

        > > > Only some Southern Cross Review archives.
        > > > _______________

      • val2160
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29 9:47 PM
          5 results  (0.06 seconds)

          Search Results

          1. anthroposophy_tomorrow : Message: Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re ...

            1 post
            google Tarjei + cinnamon + anthroposophy and see what comes up. > > > > Only some Southern Cross Review archives. ...
            groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_tomorrow/message/47100
            ►
          2. anthroposophy_tomorrow : Message: The Truth About 9/11 Conspiracy ...

            29 posts - 9 authors - Last post: May 18, 2006
            anthroposophy_tomorrow: Anthroposophy Tomorrow. ... Hi Tarjei, On the contrary, I believe that Islamic fundamentalists did have something to ...
            groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_tomorrow/.../26266?var... - Cached
          3. Southern Cross Review Archives

            Straume, Tarjei, The Immigration Trial of Tarjei Straume: A play in 2 acts, 30 ... Bana, Aban, Zarathustra in the Light of Anthroposophy, 30 ..... Stillwell, Cinnamon, The Truth About 9/11 Conspiracy Theories, 47 ...
            southerncrossreview.org/back-issues.htm - Cached
          4. Author Archive for the Southern Cross Review

            The three jewels of Buddhism in relation to Anthroposophy. Kissinger, Henry ...
            www.southerncrossreview.org/scr_authorList.htm - Cached
          5. Famous People born on this day [Archive] - The Crossdresser Club

            August 20, 1897 Tarjei Vesaas, Norwegian author, Det Store Spelet ...... September 13, 1931 Barbara Bain, Chic, actress, Cinnamon-Mission Impossible, ...

          In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 5 already displayed.
          If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30 6:05 AM
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "cinnamon94@..." <cinnamon94@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the nice reply, JoAnn. For a few minutes today I felt like I was screaming at a brick wall.

            F: You were.