Theodicy

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2011
      Over on WC Diana is sad about the apparent absence of the divine in the unfolding tragedy in Japan, and Pete feels similarly saddened by Her absence during the sexual abuse that his daughter endured at Highland Hall. The problem of theodicy. This a deep and difficult problem that admits of no simple solution, even to believers:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-g8UcHmWs&NR=1&feature=fvwp

      The Sound of Crying

      Hang out the flags a new world order's on the way
      Start singing now a song to greet the joyful day
      Just when we thought
      The time was right for celebrating
      With music of the spheres
      What's this - another boat of fleeing refugees on
      A sea of children's tears

      Once more the sound of crying
      Is number one across the earth

      We're only men and women doing what we can
      Sometimes I think that God is working to a plan
      Then other times I swear that he is improvising
      Discordant and remote
      Another orphan baby in failed uprising
      Another real bum note

      Once more the sound of crying
      Is number one across the earth

      And if you're listening up there
      You could consider this a prayer
      Well who am I to tell you how to run your business
      Man, you could strike me blind
      What kind of noise we gotta make down here
      Before we destroy your peace of mind

      Once more the sound of crying
      Is number one across the earth

      T.