Re: on Judith von Halle

  • Charlie
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 7, 2011
      I was intrigued by this story (can't remember how or why I looked it up in the first place but it was the reason I joined the group here) and ordered a number of her books.

      After reading the one about The Lord's Prayer and now making a start on Secrets of the Stations of the Cross, I'd just like to say thanks to this woman, who is a tower of strength. Her books carry the presence of Christ in my opinion, her work has a peculiar sort of weight that actually put me in mind of Hans urs von Balthasar - a totally different style, but in his case also he had the power to bolster faith in the purest, deepest and most enlightening Christian sense.

      Thank you so much for drawing attention to her work.

      Cx

> [...]
      > > Tochter in Moskau. Sie hatten ein Ferienhaus auf dem
      > > Lande. Den ganzen Sommer
      > > verbrachte Irinas Mutter mit der Enkelin in diesem
      > > Ferienhaus. Irina arbeitete
      > > im Sommer in Moskau und nur manchmal besuchte sie
      > > ihre Mutter und ihre Tochter
      > > auf dem Lande - sie brachte ihnen Nahrungsmittel aus
      > > Moskau mit. Es gab keine
      > > telefonische Verbindung zwischen dem Ferienhaus und
      > > der Moskauer Wohnung. Wenn
      > > Irina die Familie lange nicht besuchte, bedeutete
      > > das für die Mutter, daß sie
      > > viel Arbeit hat und nicht kommen kann.
      > >
      > > An jenem Tag war Irina auf der Rückreise nach
      > > Moskau - und verschwand. Die
      > > Freunde in Moskau dachten, daß Irina auf dem Lande
      > > sei; die Mutter, daß sie in
      > > Moskau ist. So dauerte es ungefähr fünf Wochen lang.
      > > Dann kam ein Verwandter
      > > nach Moskau und wollte sie besuchen, aber als er
      > > sie zu Hause nicht fand, fuhr
      > > er zum Ferienhaus, weil er glaubte, sie sei dort. -
      > > Dann haben sie bei der
      > > Polizei angefragt.
      > >
      > > Dort hat man erzählt, daß schon vor einem Monat
      > > Irina von einem Auto überfahren
      > > wurde und am gleichen Tag im Spital starb. Sie
      > > hatte ihren Bürgerpass bei sich
      > > und die Polizei hat während dieses Monats ein paar
      > > Mal probiert, ihre Verwandten
      > > in Moskau telefonisch zu erreichen, aber niemand hat
      > > geantwortet. Dann haben sie
      > > Irina selber begraben.---Der Mutter wurde der
      > > Friedhof und die Grabnummer
      > > genannt.
      > >
      > > Dies ist die ganze Information die man hat.---Die
      > > Mutter verzichtete, diese
      > > tragische Geschichte weiter untersuchen zu
      > > lassen.Der Ex-Mann von Irina lebt in
      > > Amerika (als Emigrant).
      > >

      > > (Diese Ausführungen verdanke ich Herrn Gennadij
      > > Bondarew.
      > > Norbert Reuter den 5. Februar 2002)
      > > ***

      > > (probably past life Catholics) in the
      > > Anthroposophical Society who are so deeply
      > > contemptuous of the Catholic Church ---
      > > perhaps because they themselves are terrified
      > > of the reality of the 5th Post-Atlantean epoch
      > > . . . .<<
      > >
      > > Robert writes:
      > >
      > > I don't follow your thought here. How would
      > > "terror" of *Sturm und Drang* associated with
      > > the Consciousness Soul/5th Epoch lead anyone
      > > to "contempt" of the Roman Church? Seems to
      > > me, if one wished to avoid that 5th Epoch
      > > "terror", one would more likely be pushed
      > > exactly in the opposite direction: into the
      > > RCC, which is (was?) a 4th Epoch/Intellectual
      > > Soul institution, at best. (At worst . . .
      > > well, a lot worse.) As with Tomberg . . . .
      > >
      > > Well, greetings from a former *naïf* who once
      > > wandered into a disorderly house called
      > > *Steiner98* and there lost his cyber virginity
      > > to the "Maitreya" himself, no less.
      > >
      > > Robert Mason

      > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here
      > > and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!

    • hsmyla
      Message 32 of 32 , May 1, 2011
        Food, or eating, is not a means of energy production as such. Actually, the laws of thermal dynamics, or any physical-chemical laws at that, don't hold true once inside the living organism; instead, you have there, a whole different organization.
        Eating food , most importantly, is used for all members of man, not just the physical, to work, working to give the astral and ego bodies a place to work against the countering forces of the physical and etheric.
        You see, we have digestion being a completely personal experience, being entirely marked by the ego. This can be seen in physical science as everyone has a different blood composition, for instance. In order for the ego to work; i.e., to have logical and rational thinking, the human must be able to first overcome all the forces of the foreign substance brought into the body; then the substance is raised up, to cosmic being, for a brief time as it passes the intestinal wall to the cosmic forces, then it is made physical again, delivered through the blood, which is permeated always with the ego, into each person's own respective building material; i.e., protein.
        In other words, food is not for energy perse, but for allowing the four bodies of man to work in harmony: the metabolic pole in digesting and movement in limbs, i.e., willing, countering the nerve-sense pole, i.e., thinking, while the heart lungs in the rhythmic system, i.e., feeling, mediating these two opposing forces.

        We can use some external help to support this three-fold being of man by turning to his relationship to the three-fold plant and deriving various and specific substances from it according to each man's circumstances. The plant, generally, forget trees here, is an inverted man. To keep it brief and to allow your own thinking on this:
        Roots - nerve-sense system - thinking - Brain;
        Leaves - rhythmic system - feeling - Lungs;
        Flowers - metabolic-limb system - willing - Kidneys;
        Of course there are other special foods out there like milk and fruit and honey
        and so on that each have their qualities.
        Fruit - circulatory system - blood;
        Seed - Organ formation - Heart

        You see, we have a breaking down process constantly opposing a building-up force.
        Therefore, it is not about how many calories we take; but rather whether or not we can overcome the substances brought, awakening the cosmic forces, quickening them, and ripening them within.
        Man is not merely some combustion machine as most people think.

        I am still thinking how one can go without food indefinitely. We need a warmth
        process in order for the ego-consciousness to work and nutrition provides just
        that, and more, that being nutrients.
        This reminds me of how a large heater was built in Nicolaus von der Flue's chamber because he supposedly stopped eating. This was in has last 20 or so years of life.
        We also see with Judith von halle that she had been her been most of her life with some form physical eating of food substance to obtain the forces necessary to maintain her organisation. So, perhaps after recognition of an important task, these people can last, only for a certain amount of time, without nutrition as such. It might very well be that this is a sign that these people will and know they will die soon.

        It sure would be nice to not have to eat anymore because as for some people it can be a major hindrance of mind, body, and soul, and for instance, enslaving one in obsessive thoughts about food, body image, etc. However, overcoming this could be good spiritual work.

        P.S., If you want, see Rudolf Steiner on brain-sand which is very accurate according to what we see through material science and gives good insight into thinking and how eating can play an important role.

        warmly,
        myla