At least we know now that Nietzsche was wrong. God isn’t dead. His server may be

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2011
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2011
        You have to be Catholic to understand what Maureen Dowd writes about; she says she's been coached by nuns since she was little -- or at least you need to live in a Catholic country or something. (Like Argentina?) They've always been into moving statues, paintings of saints behaving like poltergeists and so on, so no wonder they're having a ball with web apps and electronic gadgetry. In my neck of the woods, all papal influence ended with the Reformation, and the Lutheran state church isn't tech savvy yet. But the point about "God's server" makes sense only to Catholics I think.

        You can always ask the holefolks what's the difference between heil hitler and hail mary -- PS should be able to explain with footnotes and references to a tall stack of history books.

        > http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/09/opinion/09dowd.html?hp
        >
        > Am I having a ball!
        > Ahriman

      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2011
          I got all excited about this until I read, "The whole point is to get you to go to church." No can do. I gave up church years ago and have no intention of rescinding. But it's an interesting idea, the confession app. Who better than a machine to hear one's most intimate secrets?

          Cheers,
          Jenny

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" wrote:

          > You have to be Catholic to understand what Maureen Dowd writes about; she says she's been coached by nuns since she was little -- or at least you need to live in a Catholic country or something. (Like Argentina?) They've always been into moving statues, paintings of saints behaving like poltergeists and so on, so no wonder they're having a ball with web apps and electronic gadgetry. In my neck of the woods, all papal influence ended with the Reformation, and the Lutheran state church isn't tech savvy yet. But the point about "God's server" makes sense only to Catholics I think.
          >
          > You can always ask the holefolks what's the difference between heil hitler and hail mary -- PS should be able to explain with footnotes and references to a tall stack of history books.
          >
          > Tarjei
          >
          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" wrote:
          > >
          > > http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/09/opinion/09dowd.html?hp
          > >
          > > Am I having a ball!