Re: SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Karmic atom I

  • jsorvali
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Are Thoresen" <arethore@...> wrote:

      > Dear Jouko,
      >
      > Can you tell us more about the person Mr. Evrast!!!!??
      >
      > This is exiting …..
      >

      > Are Thoresen
      >
      > Tinghaugveien 435, Gisleröd Gård,
      >
      > N-3175 Ramnes, telefon 33397930

      Hi Are!

      Altough I'm a slow writer, I have earlier answered
      to a similar question, so here I can "copypaste" some
      old material with slight modifications:

      Mr. Ervast was born 26 December 1875 in Helsinki.
      Pekka Ervast (1875-1934, usually called PE) had already as a child many clearvoyant and
      spiritual experiences. PE tells e.g. about an incident when he was
      playing with his younger brother at the age of six, if my memory
      serves me. Suddenly he was watching both children from the ceiling
      and he could understand that it the same "i" was in both children; that his was "both of them".
      The other child was more a source of joy (his brother) and with
      the other there was more burden and responsibility.

      As a child Mr. Ervast got angry easily, if he saw something
      unjustice done around him. At the age of 14 he heard a voice saying
      to him: you don't have to get angry. PE was surprised and very
      pleased: "What, is it not necessary for me to get angry?". And after
      that day he never got angry. He says also that after this day he
      never knew breaking against the commandments given by Jesus Christ
      in the Sermon on the Mount (though he didn't formally know about
      them yet.) But he says also that he never fulfilled the ideals
      given by Jesus Christ either, he could always see his
      own "incompleteness".

      Mr. Ervast's experinces could not satisfy the spiritual thrist
      inside him, he had to know about God and the meaning of life.
      Eventually this attitude lead him to serious sufferings
      and "soulpains". Finally the situation grew so acute that he was
      crying out to life: Now must come the answer or death. Then he got
      an powerful Christ-experience in waking consciousness (1896), when
      he was nearly 21 years old. He told about the aftermath of this experience e.g.
      that during some months he lived "surrounded by a light" and with the help of this light
      he could see in every person who came to him, what was the obstacle that prevented that
      particular person come to this "Christ-light". But his lips were sealed, unless the other
      person directly asked about the matter.

      Publicly Mr. Ervast told first time about this "experience" nearly 20 years later, in
      his "theosophical memories" 1915. It was mainly three times, when during his whole
      life he spoke about this "babtism". PE said that it was very difficult to speak about this
      incident; it was so holy to him and it was very hard to expose himself to "world which cannot understand".

      In the beginning of 1900-century Mr.Ervast became the president of
      the TS (Adyar) of Finland. Later PE (as he was usually called) invited Dr. Steiner
      to give lectures in Finland and in 1912 RS came. In a "question-meeting" Mr. Ervast
      translated Dr. Steiner's long and profound answers to finnish
      language. (There is an interesting "story" connected to this question-
      meeting, but probably it is too much "off-topic".)

      Dr. Steiner and Mr. Ervast had deep discussions and RS suggested that
      they could have co-operation in the future, but then came
      the "Krishnamurti-episode", founding of Antroposophical society and WW I. Mr. Ervast
      stayed in TS (altough in the Christ Event, the "Krishnamurti-episode"
      and in many other questions PE shared the views of Dr. Steiner), when
      Dr. Steiner left, but many theosophist left the TS in Finland and
      follewed Dr. Steiner. So the antroposophy in Finland benefited also
      from the strong work done by Mr. Ervast, who was from the beginning of
      the century working exclusively as a writer, lecturer and leader of
      TS in Finland.

      In 1920 the conflict (different views) between Mr. Ervast and TS
      (=Annie Besant) became too acute and Mr.Ervast formed a new
      organisation called "The Rose-Cross of Finland" and
      called his teachings "Rose-Cross theosophy" and later Christosophy..

      Mr. Ervast never stressed the differences between his and HPB's
      teachings, though he "wondered" some expressions used by HPB. Ervast
      has written that it is easier to understand the real value of true
      christianity after one knows other religions; the religions of the Old Covenant
      or the religions of the Holy Ghost, as he used to say. So the original theosophy could have served
      as a gate to the greater mysteries, Christ-mysteries. PE also continued to use
      the "old theosophical concepts", whenever that was possible.

      There is much common with Dr. Steiner's teachings; perhaps one of the
      main differences lies in the fact that teachings of Jesus Christ are more
      incorporated to Christosophy, not only the meaning of the Golgotha
      Mystery. By this I mean e.g. that the awakening of the chakras is
      linked to the new commandments given in the Sermon on the mount
      (=moral virtues), the four etheric forces and four essential requirements (or qualities, which
      RS deals with in his book "How to Know the Higher Worlds") are linked to eight
      beatitudes, which are taken as four pares and so on.

      Trying to say something intelligible in a few lines about Mr.
      Ervast and his teachings is a task which is probably doomed to fail. If
      someone wants to take a closer look, there are couple of books
      available in english, though. "The Esoteric School of Jesus" by Blue
      Dolphin Publishing is printed in USA and gives one aspect to the
      teachings of Jesus Christ. (That book is written in "TS-time" 1916.)
      An other book (by Blue Dolphin) is called "The Key to Kalevala". One of his
      most important books, "The Sermon on the Mount or the
      Key to Christianity" (P.E's translation) is availble in the net address:
      http://www.pekkaervast.net/teokset/default.html .

      In the same website there are some other books also translated to english and
      a self-biographical book translated to germany: "Mein Weg zur Quelle der Wahrheit",
      where he tells about his Christ-experince. Some of my own writings
      (blogs) in english can be found on the following address and in these writings
      there are also some translations about the writings of Ervast.
      http://kristosofiaverkosto.socialgo.com/magazine/category/34862 .

      I hope that this post give some answers to your kind question. I will soon post the second
      part of the lecture.

      Warm Regards: Jouko
    • Robert
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
        You find a lot about Pekka Ervast on the net. Here is one of his lectures:
        http://ebookbrowse.com/1929-05-00-pekka-ervast-astral-school-pdf-d21896306
        Ottmar