SV: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Karmic atom I

  • Are Thoresen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2011

      Dear Jouko,

      Can you tell us more about the person Mr. Evrast!!!!??

      This is exiting …..

      Are Thoresen

      Tinghaugveien 435, Gisleröd Gård,

      N-3175 Ramnes, telefon 33397930

    • jsorvali
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Are Thoresen" <arethore@...> wrote:

        > Dear Jouko,
        >
        > Can you tell us more about the person Mr. Evrast!!!!??
        >
        > This is exiting …..
        >

        > Are Thoresen
        >
        > Tinghaugveien 435, Gisleröd Gård,
        >
        > N-3175 Ramnes, telefon 33397930

        Hi Are!

        Altough I'm a slow writer, I have earlier answered
        to a similar question, so here I can "copypaste" some
        old material with slight modifications:

        Mr. Ervast was born 26 December 1875 in Helsinki.
        Pekka Ervast (1875-1934, usually called PE) had already as a child many clearvoyant and
        spiritual experiences. PE tells e.g. about an incident when he was
        playing with his younger brother at the age of six, if my memory
        serves me. Suddenly he was watching both children from the ceiling
        and he could understand that it the same "i" was in both children; that his was "both of them".
        The other child was more a source of joy (his brother) and with
        the other there was more burden and responsibility.

        As a child Mr. Ervast got angry easily, if he saw something
        unjustice done around him. At the age of 14 he heard a voice saying
        to him: you don't have to get angry. PE was surprised and very
        pleased: "What, is it not necessary for me to get angry?". And after
        that day he never got angry. He says also that after this day he
        never knew breaking against the commandments given by Jesus Christ
        in the Sermon on the Mount (though he didn't formally know about
        them yet.) But he says also that he never fulfilled the ideals
        given by Jesus Christ either, he could always see his
        own "incompleteness".

        Mr. Ervast's experinces could not satisfy the spiritual thrist
        inside him, he had to know about God and the meaning of life.
        Eventually this attitude lead him to serious sufferings
        and "soulpains". Finally the situation grew so acute that he was
        crying out to life: Now must come the answer or death. Then he got
        an powerful Christ-experience in waking consciousness (1896), when
        he was nearly 21 years old. He told about the aftermath of this experience e.g.
        that during some months he lived "surrounded by a light" and with the help of this light
        he could see in every person who came to him, what was the obstacle that prevented that
        particular person come to this "Christ-light". But his lips were sealed, unless the other
        person directly asked about the matter.

        Publicly Mr. Ervast told first time about this "experience" nearly 20 years later, in
        his "theosophical memories" 1915. It was mainly three times, when during his whole
        life he spoke about this "babtism". PE said that it was very difficult to speak about this
        incident; it was so holy to him and it was very hard to expose himself to "world which cannot understand".

        In the beginning of 1900-century Mr.Ervast became the president of
        the TS (Adyar) of Finland. Later PE (as he was usually called) invited Dr. Steiner
        to give lectures in Finland and in 1912 RS came. In a "question-meeting" Mr. Ervast
        translated Dr. Steiner's long and profound answers to finnish
        language. (There is an interesting "story" connected to this question-
        meeting, but probably it is too much "off-topic".)

        Dr. Steiner and Mr. Ervast had deep discussions and RS suggested that
        they could have co-operation in the future, but then came
        the "Krishnamurti-episode", founding of Antroposophical society and WW I. Mr. Ervast
        stayed in TS (altough in the Christ Event, the "Krishnamurti-episode"
        and in many other questions PE shared the views of Dr. Steiner), when
        Dr. Steiner left, but many theosophist left the TS in Finland and
        follewed Dr. Steiner. So the antroposophy in Finland benefited also
        from the strong work done by Mr. Ervast, who was from the beginning of
        the century working exclusively as a writer, lecturer and leader of
        TS in Finland.

        In 1920 the conflict (different views) between Mr. Ervast and TS
        (=Annie Besant) became too acute and Mr.Ervast formed a new
        organisation called "The Rose-Cross of Finland" and
        called his teachings "Rose-Cross theosophy" and later Christosophy..

        Mr. Ervast never stressed the differences between his and HPB's
        teachings, though he "wondered" some expressions used by HPB. Ervast
        has written that it is easier to understand the real value of true
        christianity after one knows other religions; the religions of the Old Covenant
        or the religions of the Holy Ghost, as he used to say. So the original theosophy could have served
        as a gate to the greater mysteries, Christ-mysteries. PE also continued to use
        the "old theosophical concepts", whenever that was possible.

        There is much common with Dr. Steiner's teachings; perhaps one of the
        main differences lies in the fact that teachings of Jesus Christ are more
        incorporated to Christosophy, not only the meaning of the Golgotha
        Mystery. By this I mean e.g. that the awakening of the chakras is
        linked to the new commandments given in the Sermon on the mount
        (=moral virtues), the four etheric forces and four essential requirements (or qualities, which
        RS deals with in his book "How to Know the Higher Worlds") are linked to eight
        beatitudes, which are taken as four pares and so on.

        Trying to say something intelligible in a few lines about Mr.
        Ervast and his teachings is a task which is probably doomed to fail. If
        someone wants to take a closer look, there are couple of books
        available in english, though. "The Esoteric School of Jesus" by Blue
        Dolphin Publishing is printed in USA and gives one aspect to the
        teachings of Jesus Christ. (That book is written in "TS-time" 1916.)
        An other book (by Blue Dolphin) is called "The Key to Kalevala". One of his
        most important books, "The Sermon on the Mount or the
        Key to Christianity" (P.E's translation) is availble in the net address:
        http://www.pekkaervast.net/teokset/default.html .

        In the same website there are some other books also translated to english and
        a self-biographical book translated to germany: "Mein Weg zur Quelle der Wahrheit",
        where he tells about his Christ-experince. Some of my own writings
        (blogs) in english can be found on the following address and in these writings
        there are also some translations about the writings of Ervast.
        http://kristosofiaverkosto.socialgo.com/magazine/category/34862 .

        I hope that this post give some answers to your kind question. I will soon post the second
        part of the lecture.

        Warm Regards: Jouko
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
          You find a lot about Pekka Ervast on the net. Here is one of his lectures:
          http://ebookbrowse.com/1929-05-00-pekka-ervast-astral-school-pdf-d21896306
          Ottmar