Re: Professor Staudenmaier's on-going hatred of the spiritual

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011

      > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism.

      The only way to do a good job in that polluted dump is to fumigate it, to fish all the creatures up with military helicopters and put them in quarantine to avoid the spread of contamination. Send them off at night through Extraordinary Rendition to remote corners of the earth and wait for further instructions from Putin and Obama -- and Larry King, Yea, tell the holefolks that Larry is in it too.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2011
        There's another aspect to this aversion to anthro-democracy among the holefolks, of course. They hate freedom. Not only that -- they hate liberté, égalité, fraternité. In spite of their sometimes references to modern science, they hate the Enlightenment. That's why they're hooking up with Christian medieval-minded fundamentalists. They hate progress. In the 17th century, the universities were still clinging to the old Aristotelian scholasticism in physics and astronomy and what have you, so Newton and the other modern thinkers had to establish independent institutions, like the Royal Society in the 1660's. Today, anthroposophy, along with alternative medicine and so on, has existed independently in the same manner for a century, and this new impulse is gradually progressing towards mainstream. The holefolks hate that. But its not enough to stop it at this stage, so they go back 300-400 years to stop the Enlightenment too. Because they hate freedom. They hate life. They hate evolution and progress. They hate Liberty, Equality and Fraternity. That's why they're living in the Abyss. It's that simple. No need to discuss it, just state the plain truth.

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch"
        > ted.wrinch@ wrote:
        >
        > > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in
        > re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic
        > training school for fascism and authoritarianism.
        >
        > The only way to do a good job in that polluted dump is to fumigate it,
        > to fish all the creatures up with military helicopters and put them in
        > quarantine to avoid the spread of contamination. Send them off at night
        > through Extraordinary Rendition to remote corners of the earth and wait
        > for further instructions from Putin and Obama -- and Larry King, Yea,
        > tell the holefolks that Larry is in it too.
        >
        > Tarjei

      • val2160
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2011

          > Dear All.
          >
          > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism. Not that this made much impact on the prof, who is still claiming that 3-f is 'anti-democratic', 'authoritarian' and 'elitist'. I guess that he thinks that the notions of freedom and fraternity, that are applicable to the cultural and economic spheres of the 3-f model, are inferior to the equality that applies the political and legal spheres. But most people would consider freedom and brotherhood to be spiritual values that are entirely of equivalent value to that of equality, and that areas of society bound by these values would be *protected* from coercion and authoritarianism. Perhaps his hatred of the spiritual blinds him to this rather obvious point, as it seems to blind him to the spiritual import of many other areas of his scholarly enquiries,
          >
          > Here's to him discovering a sense of the spiritual,
          >
          > T.
          >
          > Ted Wrinch
          I don't know Ted, 'cuz I can't follow most of what goes on there-I do try to keep up with Frank though, if only for the colorful expletives:

          "Well, Judith, if you *do* do nuance, you've come to the wrong place, as Alicia
          Z's fucking self-indulgent rant shows. There are several buttons to press here
          in order to start an avalanche of fetid vitriol. Among many others, they are:
          homeopathy, anthroposophy, spirit, race, Waldorf, Sune, Tarjei, Steiner,
          essence, threefold society, three, Rudolf, constitution, anti, Semitic, Islam,
          Christianity, religion, root, etc. etc"

          Oooh, oooh, ooh, I'm goin' with three here 'cuz frankly it's the only number AND then we could have etc. etc. etc... which is, of course, way more better. So let's go back to the President's speech-here's a bit more:

          But we do not have to think that human nature is perfect for us to still believe that the human condition can be perfected. We do not have to live in an idealized world to still reach for those ideals that will make it a better place. The non-violence practiced by men like Gandhi and King may not have been practical or possible in every circumstance, but the love that they preached - their faith in human progress - must always be the North Star that guides us on our journey.

          For if we lose that faith - if we dismiss it as silly or naïve; if we divorce it from the decisions that we make on issues of war and peace - then we lose what is best about humanity. We lose our sense of possibility. We lose our moral compass.

          Our North Star!  Our moral compass! What about these people?

          And what's the relationship, if any, of this northern orientation to the number three?