Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Professor Staudenmaier's on-going hatred of the spiritual

Expand Messages
  • ted.wrinch
    Another point that leaps out from Frank s recent exchange with the prof concerns the prof s willingness to abandon his own rules for textual analysis and
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Another point that leaps out from Frank's recent exchange with the prof concerns the prof's willingness to abandon his own rules for textual analysis and historical periodisation, when it suits him. We can see him doing this in his recent message #1650 ('social threefolding and democracy'), where he takes a Steiner text of 1889 as a context for post 1914 texts concerning the 3-f movement. In his own terms, he is taking a text from Steiner's atheist, exoteric phase of life as context for texts from his esoteric phase. This is the very same 'mistake' that he has accused me of making for months in the discussion over 'Steiner, Ostwald and materialism', where, when I took statements made in the 1880s by Steiner in 'Goethe against atomism' as context for statements made in 1909 and later, I was accused of ignoring the texts and refusing to consider them historically. If we compare this behaviour with his hatred of the spiritual above, I think we could label this as his love of the lie. I've recently been reading Dietrich Eckart's chilling masterpiece of lies and hate, "Bolshevism From Moses to Lenin", and I am much reminded of aspects of the prof's approach to history …

      T.

      Ted Wrinch

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch" <ted.wrinch@...> wrote:
      >
      > Dear All.
      >
      > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism. Not that this made much impact on the prof, who is still claiming that 3-f is 'anti-democratic', 'authoritarian' and 'elitist'. I guess that he thinks that the notions of freedom and fraternity, that are applicable to the cultural and economic spheres of the 3-f model, are inferior to the equality that applies the political and legal spheres. But most people would consider freedom and brotherhood to be spiritual values that are entirely of equivalent value to that of equality, and that areas of society bound by these values would be *protected* from coercion and authoritarianism. Perhaps his hatred of the spiritual blinds him to this rather obvious point, as it seems to blind him to the spiritual import of many other areas of his scholarly enquiries,
      >
      > Here's to him discovering a sense of the spiritual,
      >
      > T.
      >
      > Ted Wrinch
      >
    • elfuncle
      ... re-butting the prof s claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism. The only way to do a good job in
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch" <ted.wrinch@...> wrote:

        > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism.


        The only way to do a good job in that polluted dump is to fumigate it, to fish all the creatures up with military helicopters and put them in quarantine to avoid the spread of contamination. Send them off at night through Extraordinary Rendition to remote corners of the earth and wait for further instructions from Putin and Obama -- and Larry King, Yea, tell the holefolks that Larry is in it too.

        Tarjei
      • elfuncle
        There s another aspect to this aversion to anthro-democracy among the holefolks, of course. They hate freedom. Not only that -- they hate liberté, égalité,
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          There's another aspect to this aversion to anthro-democracy among the holefolks, of course. They hate freedom. Not only that -- they hate liberté, égalité, fraternité. In spite of their sometimes references to modern science, they hate the Enlightenment. That's why they're hooking up with Christian medieval-minded fundamentalists. They hate progress. In the 17th century, the universities were still clinging to the old Aristotelian scholasticism in physics and astronomy and what have you, so Newton and the other modern thinkers had to establish independent institutions, like the Royal Society in the 1660's. Today, anthroposophy, along with alternative medicine and so on, has existed independently in the same manner for a century, and this new impulse is gradually progressing towards mainstream. The holefolks hate that. But its not enough to stop it at this stage, so they go back 300-400 years to stop the Enlightenment too. Because they hate freedom. They hate life. They hate evolution and progress. They hate Liberty, Equality and Fraternity. That's why they're living in the Abyss. It's that simple. No need to discuss it, just state the plain truth.

          Tarjei


          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <elfuncle@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch"
          > ted.wrinch@ wrote:
          >
          > > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in
          > re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic
          > training school for fascism and authoritarianism.
          >
          > The only way to do a good job in that polluted dump is to fumigate it,
          > to fish all the creatures up with military helicopters and put them in
          > quarantine to avoid the spread of contamination. Send them off at night
          > through Extraordinary Rendition to remote corners of the earth and wait
          > for further instructions from Putin and Obama -- and Larry King, Yea,
          > tell the holefolks that Larry is in it too.
          >
          > Tarjei
          >

        • val2160
          ... re-butting the prof s claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism. Not that this made much impact on
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ted.wrinch" <ted.wrinch@...> wrote:
            >
            > Dear All.
            >
            > I think Frank did a great SWAT job over in the hole recently in re-butting the prof's claim that three-folding is an anti-democratic training school for fascism and authoritarianism. Not that this made much impact on the prof, who is still claiming that 3-f is 'anti-democratic', 'authoritarian' and 'elitist'. I guess that he thinks that the notions of freedom and fraternity, that are applicable to the cultural and economic spheres of the 3-f model, are inferior to the equality that applies the political and legal spheres. But most people would consider freedom and brotherhood to be spiritual values that are entirely of equivalent value to that of equality, and that areas of society bound by these values would be *protected* from coercion and authoritarianism. Perhaps his hatred of the spiritual blinds him to this rather obvious point, as it seems to blind him to the spiritual import of many other areas of his scholarly enquiries,
            >
            > Here's to him discovering a sense of the spiritual,
            >
            > T.
            >
            > Ted Wrinch
            I don't know Ted, 'cuz I can't follow most of what goes on there-I do try to keep up with Frank though, if only for the colorful expletives:

            "Well, Judith, if you *do* do nuance, you've come to the wrong place, as Alicia
            Z's fucking self-indulgent rant shows. There are several buttons to press here
            in order to start an avalanche of fetid vitriol. Among many others, they are:
            homeopathy, anthroposophy, spirit, race, Waldorf, Sune, Tarjei, Steiner,
            essence, threefold society, three, Rudolf, constitution, anti, Semitic, Islam,
            Christianity, religion, root, etc. etc"

            ***************************************************************************************************************
            Oooh, oooh, ooh, I'm goin' with three here 'cuz frankly it's the only number AND then we could have etc. etc. etc... which is, of course, way more better. So let's go back to the President's speech-here's a bit more:

            But we do not have to think that human nature is perfect for us to still believe that the human condition can be perfected. We do not have to live in an idealized world to still reach for those ideals that will make it a better place. The non-violence practiced by men like Gandhi and King may not have been practical or possible in every circumstance, but the love that they preached - their faith in human progress - must always be the North Star that guides us on our journey.

            For if we lose that faith - if we dismiss it as silly or naïve; if we divorce it from the decisions that we make on issues of war and peace - then we lose what is best about humanity. We lose our sense of possibility. We lose our moral compass.

            *****************************************************************************************************************

            Our North Star!  Our moral compass! What about these people?  

            And what's the relationship, if any, of this northern orientation to the number three? 







          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.