Re: Waldorf News for the Holefolks

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 16, 2011
      And Margaret Sachs is screaming bloody murder KGB. but they ain't seen nothin' yet. The Waldorfers are soon comin' to get them all, with the KGB and the CIA and the FBI and swat teams. Frank has quoted Obama proving he's in on it, and with Putin and Obama onboard the rest of the world leaders will follow along with their armies, police forces and intelligence networks, and the rope around the necks of the holefolks is tightening, the swat teams are hurling tear gas pellets into the Abyss to smoke them out and put them on trial for anti-anthro activities.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 16, 2011
        They don't fear the wrath of the gods, but they do fear the wrath of the CIA and the FBI and the KGB and the Pentagon, and now they're gonna get all of the above unless they repent.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 16, 2011
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

          > They don't fear the wrath of the gods, but they do fear the wrath of the CIA and the FBI and the KGB and the Pentagon, and now they're gonna get all of the above unless they repent.
          >
          > Tarjei
          >
          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <elfuncle@> wrote:
          > >
          > > And Margaret Sachs is screaming bloody murder KGB. but they ain't seen nothin' yet. The Waldorfers are soon comin' to get them all, with the KGB and the CIA and the FBI and swat teams. Frank has quoted Obama proving he's in on it, and with Putin and Obama onboard the rest of the world leaders will follow along with their armies, police forces and intelligence networks, and the rope around the necks of the holefolks is tightening, the swat teams are hurling tear gas pellets into the Abyss to smoke them out and put them on trial for anti-anthro activities.
          > >
          > > Tarjei
          > >

          > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <elfuncle@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Vladimir Putin has been visiting the Waldorf School in Moscow, where he presented the Waldorf School Director and Mathematics teacher Michael Sluch with a 'best teacher in Russia' award. Putin also said said that "such schools are schools for the future".
          > > >
          > > > http://www.ecswe.com/videos.php
          > > >
          > > > Hi holefolks, naa-na-naa-na-naaaa-naaaa!
          > > >
          > > > Tarjei

        • val2160
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 17, 2011

            > They don't fear the wrath of the gods, but they do fear the wrath of the CIA and the FBI and the KGB and the Pentagon, and now they're gonna get all of the above unless they repent.
            >
            > Tarjei

            I think the Pentagon's a little scary myself.-Val

            Mornings at the Pentagon

            By JOSEPH L. GALLOWAY
            McClatchy Newspapers

            Over the last 12 months, 1,042 soldiers, Marines, sailors and Air Force personnel have given their lives in the terrible duty that is war. Thousands more have come home on stretchers, horribly wounded and facing months or years in military hospitals.

            This week, I'm turning my space over to a good friend and former roommate, Army Lt. Col. Robert Bateman, who recently completed a yearlong tour of duty in Iraq and is now back at the Pentagon.

            Here's Lt. Col. Bateman's account of a little-known ceremony that fills the halls of the Army corridor of the Pentagon with cheers, applause and many tears every Friday morning. It first appeared on May 17 on the Weblog of media critic and pundit Eric Alterman at the Media Matters for America Website.

            "It is 110 yards from the "E" ring to the "A" ring of the Pentagon. This section of the Pentagon is newly renovated; the floors shine, the hallway is broad, and the lighting is bright. At this instant the entire length of the corridor is packed with officers, a few sergeants and some civilians, all crammed tightly three and four deep against the walls.

            This hallway, more than any other, is the `Army' hallway. The G3 offices line one side, G2 the other, G8 is around the corner. All Army! Moderate conversations flow in a low buzz. Friends, who may not have seen each other for a few weeks, or a few years, spot each other, cross the way and renew.

            Everyone shifts to ensure an open path remains down the center. The air conditioning system was not designed for this press of bodies in this area.

            The temperature is rising already. Nobody cares. "10:36 hours: The clapping starts at the E-Ring. That is the outermost of the five rings of the Pentagon and it is closest to the entrance to the building. This clapping is low, sustained and hearty. It is applause with a deep emotion behind it as it moves forward in a wave down the length of the hallway.

            "A steady rolling wave of sound it is, moving at the pace of the soldier in the wheelchair who marks the forward edge with his presence. He is the first. He is missing the greater part of one leg, and some of his wounds are still suppurating. By his age I expect that he is a private, or perhaps a private first class.

            "Captains, majors, lieutenant colonels and colonels meet his gaze and nod as they applaud, soldier to soldier. Three years ago when I described one of these events, those lining the hallways were somewhat different. The applause a little more wilder perhaps in private guilt for not having shared in the burden ... Yet.

            "Now almost everyone lining the hallway is, like the man in the wheelchair, also a combat veteran. This steadies the applause, but I think deepens the sentiment. We have all been there now. The soldier's chair is pushed by, a full colonel.

            "Behind him, and stretching the length from Rings E to A, come more of his peers, each private, corporal, or sergeant assisted as need be by a field grade officer.

            "11:00 hours: Twenty-four minutes of steady applause. My hands hurt, and I laugh to myself at how stupid that sounds in my own head. My hands hurt. Please! Shut up and clap. For twenty-four minutes, soldier after soldier has come down this hallway - 20, 25, 30. Fifty-three legs come with them, and perhaps only 52 hands or arms, but down this hall came 30 solid hearts.

            They pass down this corridor of officers and applause, and then meet for a private lunch, at which they are the guests of honor, hosted by the generals. Some are wheeled along. Some insist upon getting out of their chairs, to march as best they can with their chin held up, down this hallway, through this most unique audience. Some are catching handshakes and smiling like a politician at a Fourth of July parade. More than a couple of them seem amazed and are smiling shyly.

            "There are families with them as well: the 18-year-old war-bride pushing her 19-year-old husband's wheelchair and not quite understanding why her husband is so affected by this, the boy she grew up with, now a man, who had never shed a tear is crying; the older immigrant Latino parents who have, perhaps more than their wounded mid-20s son, an appreciation for the emotion given on their son's behalf. No man in that hallway, walking or clapping, is ashamed by the silent tears on more than a few cheeks. An Airborne Ranger wipes his eyes only to better see. A couple of the officers in this crowd have themselves been a part of this parade in the past.

            These are our men, broken in body they may be, but they are our brothers, and we welcome them home. This parade has gone on, every single Friday, all year long, for more than four years.

            "Did you know that?

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 17, 2011
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

              > I think the Pentagon's a little scary myself.-Val

              Pentagon has the hardware and the CIA has the brains --- and the holefolks are gonna be fished up right out of the Abyss with nets from Pentagon choppers, blindfolded and roped and sent off to Russia at night in corporate planes leased by the CIA, and then Putin will put them in his Waldorf basements where they will receive the necessary proper treatment.

              Tarjei

            • val2160
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 17, 2011

                > Pentagon has the hardware and the CIA has the brains --- and the
                > holefolks are gonna be fished up right out of the Abyss with nets from
                > Pentagon choppers, blindfolded and roped and sent off to Russia at night
                > in corporate planes leased by the CIA, and then Putin will put them in
                > his Waldorf basements where they will receive the necessary proper
                > treatment.

                A basement, Waldorf or otherwise, would be a step up from an abyss.-Val

                MICHAEL SHERMER
                Publisher of Skeptic Magazine; Adjunct Professor, Claremont Graduate University; Author,The Believing Brain

                Think Bottom Up, Not Top Down

                One of the most general shorthand abstractions that if adopted would improve the cognitive toolkit of humanity is to think bottom up, not top down. Almost everything important that happens in both nature and in society happens from the bottom up, not the top down. Water is a bottom up, self-organized emergent property of hydrogen and oxygen. Life is a bottom up, self-organized emergent property of organic molecules that coalesced into protein chains through nothing more than the input of energy into the system of Earth's early environment. The complex eukaryotic cells of which we are made are themselves the product of much simpler prokaryotic cells that merged together from the bottom up in a process of symbiosis that happens naturally when genomes are merged between two organisms. Evolution itself is a bottom up process of organisms just trying to make a living and get their genes into the next generation; out of that simple process emerges the diverse array of complex life we see today.

                Analogously, an economy is a self-organized bottom up emergent process of people just trying to make a living and get their genes into the next generation, and out of that simple process emerges the diverse array of products and services available to us today. Likewise, democracy is a bottom up emergent political system specifically designed to displace top down kingdoms, theocracies, and dictatorships. Economic and political systems are the result of human action, not human design.

                Most people, however, see the world from the top down instead of the bottom up. The reason is that our brains evolved to find design in the world, and our experience with designed objects is that they have a designer (us) who we consider to be intelligent. So most people intuitively sense that anything in nature that looks designed must be so from the top down, not the bottom up. Bottom up reasoning is counter intuitive. This is why so many people believe that life was designed from the top down, and why so many think that economies must be designed and that countries should be ruled from the top down.

                One way to get people to adopt the bottom up shorthand abstraction as a cognitive tool is to find examples that we know evolved from the bottom up and were not designed from the top down. Language is an example. No one designed English to look and sound like it does today (in which teenagers use the word "like" every sentence). From Chaucer's time forward our language has evolved from the bottom up by native speakers adopting their own nuanced styles to fit their unique lives and cultures. Likewise, the history of knowledge production has been one long trajectory from top down to bottom up. From ancient priests and medieval scholars to academic professors and university publishers, the democratization of knowledge has struggled alongside the democratization of societies to free itself from the bondage of top down control. Compare the magisterial multi-volume encyclopedias of centuries past that held sway as the final authority for reliable knowledge, now displaced by individual encyclopedists employing wiki tools and making everyone their own expert.

                Which is why the Internet is the ultimate bottom up self-organized emergent property of millions of computer users exchanging data across servers, and although there are some top-down controls involved—just as there are some in mostly bottom-up economic and political systems—the strength of digital freedom derives from the fact that no one is in charge. For the past 500 years humanity has gradually but ineluctably transitioned from top down to bottom up systems, for the simple reason that both information and people want to be free.

                http://edge.org/q2011/q11_4.html#shermer

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                  > I think the Pentagon's a little scary myself.-Val
                  >
                  > Mornings at the Pentagon
                  >
                  > By JOSEPH L. GALLOWAY
                  > McClatchy Newspapers

                  Or the web site that presented this. I don't believe it.
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011
                    > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <elfuncle@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Vladimir Putin has been visiting the Waldorf School in Moscow, where he presented the Waldorf School Director and Mathematics teacher Michael Sluch with a 'best teacher in Russia' award. Putin also said said that "such schools are schools for the future".
                    > >
                    > > http://www.ecswe.com/videos.php
                    > >
                    > > Hi holefolks, naa-na-naa-na-naaaa-naaaa!
                    > >
                    > > Tarjei

                    Well, Tarjei, what they don't know is that Stalin had Waldorf schools all over the Gulag archipalego (sp?) - but when the Soviet Union crashed they were closed because they're so anti-democratic.
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011

                      > Well, Tarjei, what they don't know is that Stalin had Waldorf schools all over the Gulag archipalego (sp?) - but when the Soviet Union crashed they were closed because they're so anti-democratic.

                      Yea, imagine being sent to the principal's office because of pranks or truancy of whatever, to face Stalin.

                      Tarjei
                    • val2160
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011
                          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                          > <fts.trasla@> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" wdenval@
                          > wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > I think the Pentagon's a little scary myself.-Val
                          > > >
                          > > > Mornings at the Pentagon
                          > > >
                          > > > By JOSEPH L. GALLOWAY
                          > > > McClatchy Newspapers
                          > >

                          > > Or the web site that presented this. I don't believe it.
                          > > Frank
                          >
                          > http://voices.washingtonpost.com/inteldump/2008/09/fridays_in_the_pentag\
                          > on.html
                          > <http://voices.washingtonpost.com/inteldump/2008/09/fridays_in_the_penta\
                          > gon.html>

                          Ok, I take it back, it's true after all. I just couldn't believe that those pricks in colonel's and general's uniforms could be so fucking cynical; The first reader's comments after the article describe my feelings about the whole masquerade.
                          Frank
                        • val2160
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011

                            > Ok, I take it back, it's true after all. I just couldn't believe that those pricks in colonel's and general's uniforms could be so fucking cynical; The first reader's comments after the article describe my feelings about the whole masquerade.
                            > Frank

                            Perhaps it was difficult to believe because you don't fucking live here, Frank.  The first commenter inadvertently participated in one en route to the Pentagon's clothing sales store one Friday.  Like I said-a scary bunch-Val
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 18, 2011
                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                              > <fts.trasla@> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Ok, I take it back, it's true after all. I just couldn't believe that
                              > those pricks in colonel's and general's uniforms could be so fucking
                              > cynical; The first reader's comments after the article describe my
                              > feelings about the whole masquerade.
                              > > Frank
                              >
                              > Perhaps it was difficult to believe because you don't fucking live here,
                              > Frank. The first commenter inadvertently participated in one en route
                              > to the Pentagon's clothing sales store one Friday. Like I said-a scary
                              > bunch-Val

                              A Pentagon clothing store? Wow! Now I regret I don't live there. I always wanted a uniform. Btw Val, please watch you language; this is a family list.
                              Frank
                            • val2160
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 19, 2011

                                > A Pentagon clothing store? Wow! Now I regret I don't live there. I always wanted a uniform. Btw Val, please watch you language; this is a family list.
                                > Frank

                                OMG I forgot! Here's something for the family folk then with cute uniforms even.-Val