Re: Southern Cross Review Nr. 74

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
      Interesting about Søren Kierkegaard and existentialism -- looking forward to this.

      About refuting allegation of racism (Richard House), I may read that too. It seems to me that fewer and fewer people are interested in all this noise being made about racism in Steiner. They're whipping a dying horse. As racial differences are in the process of dissolving all over the world, it also means that vulnerabilities and sensitivities related to race seem to be fading rapidly, so people are losing interest in the shocking sensationalism they're whipping up. The making of racism into an elephant in the living room like they're still doing, is commanding less and less public interest.

      The holefolks will scream bloody murder if they see this, because the tabloid sensationalism of racism is all they've got. The only crumbs left over are that Steiner was a bitch, that he's bad wolf for little children and so on, and maybe that he's a Satanist. But people aren't paying attention to that anymore either.

      I see they keep complaining over and over that anthroposophists are not interested in discussions. That means anthroposophists have some good common sense after all. Let the hyenas scream at their own mirrors. And happy New Year to them, and may Diana awaken from her Epiphany about this time and see Jesus. Love, love, love to all creatures down below. Tons of hugs and kisses from Uncle Taz to those who live where the sun don't shine.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011

        > Interesting about Søren Kierkegaard and existentialism -- looking forward to this.
        >
        > About refuting allegation of racism (Richard House), I may read that too. It seems to me that fewer and fewer people are interested in all this noise being made about racism in Steiner. They're whipping a dying horse. As racial differences are in the process of dissolving all over the world, it also means that vulnerabilities and sensitivities related to race seem to be fading rapidly, so people are losing interest in the shocking sensationalism they're whipping up. The making of racism into an elephant in the living room like they're still doing, is commanding less and less public interest.
        ___________

        It ain't necessarily so, Tarjei. See what they're doin to Huck Finn:
        http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/books/07huck.html?src=me&ref=general

        Frank
      • val2160
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
          I also read that the same has happened with the autobiography.-Val

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
            That's the n-word thing; I've seen that NYT article; the publishers will now clean up Twain after pressure from the hole. Those who read Mark Twain uncensored are unaware of their own intellectual history and the racism implicit in their reading habits. Peter S will show the way to truth. Time for book-burning I guess.

            > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" <elfuncle@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Interesting about Søren Kierkegaard and existentialism -- looking forward to this.
            > >
            > > About refuting allegation of racism (Richard House), I may read that too. It seems to me that fewer and fewer people are interested in all this noise being made about racism in Steiner. They're whipping a dying horse. As racial differences are in the process of dissolving all over the world, it also means that vulnerabilities and sensitivities related to race seem to be fading rapidly, so people are losing interest in the shocking sensationalism they're whipping up. The making of racism into an elephant in the living room like they're still doing, is commanding less and less public interest.
            > ___________
            >
            > It ain't necessarily so, Tarjei. See what they're doin to Huck Finn:
            > http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/books/07huck.html?src=me&ref=general
            >
            > Frank

          • griromero
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
              Regarding racism, synchronically, yesterday I read the following paragraph by M. Keltz:

              "The widespread selfish use of these powers resulted in the Atlantean cataclysms, which began with warnings enough, as vast numbers of survivors of storms, floods and earthquakes began migrating eastward to Europe, Africa and Asia and westward to the American continents. Some of these migrants had coarser physical bodies that had densified too early in Atlantean times and these distinct races of peoples did not survive, while the souls that occupied these bodies were able to reincarnate into other surviving
              races. Science has produced evidence of these extinct peoples, i.e., Neanderthal man. In these primeval times distinctions of race and racial qualities were important, and in the post-Atlantean Indian age these distinctions were reflected in the caste system. Nowadays race distinction, like the caste system, is grossly outdated, and such distinctions have meaning today only for the evil, and hence to evil or wrong purposes. In the distant future humanity will divide into two races, the good and the evil races. The horrendous acts against certain races and peoples in our time, including endless controversies surrounding issues of race, could be stemming from the stark fear and dread harbored, consciously or subconsciously, by the already-cast members of this future evil race, in regard to their being marked physically as evil, in regard to the inevitable fact that in future embodiments they will carry the "mark of the beast." To use terminology from the science of psychology, racism is a projection and a reaction-formation as conscious or subconscious response to this inevitability. However, while certain individuals are already markedly evil, most people today still have a choice."

              What do you think people?, I am Mexican and very familiar with the USA where I have lived on and off for about 10 years of my life (I am 52). I can say that there, the racial integration is advancing rapidly, but not for all people. I can also see how bigotry and racial hatred are growing amongst certain sectors of that society. In Mexico race has never been a big issue, social and economic considerations are what keep us apart from each other.

              Probably what Martha Keltz wrote at http://www.tcpubs.com/brunnen/articles/ is right, and we are witnessing the polarities of the divide between the "Evil" and "Good" races of the future.

              In appreciation.

              Guillermo

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 13, 2011
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "griromero" <griromero@...> wrote:

                > Regarding racism, synchronically, yesterday I read the following paragraph by M. Keltz:
                >
                > "The widespread selfish use of these powers resulted in the Atlantean cataclysms, which began with warnings enough, as vast numbers of survivors of storms, floods and earthquakes began migrating eastward to Europe, Africa and Asia and westward to the American continents. Some of these migrants had coarser physical bodies that had densified too early in Atlantean times and these distinct races of peoples did not survive, while the souls that occupied these bodies were able to reincarnate into other surviving
                > races. Science has produced evidence of these extinct peoples, i.e., Neanderthal man. In these primeval times distinctions of race and racial qualities were important, and in the post-Atlantean Indian age these distinctions were reflected in the caste system. Nowadays race distinction, like the caste system, is grossly outdated, and such distinctions have meaning today only for the evil, and hence to evil or wrong purposes. In the distant future humanity will divide into two races, the good and the evil races. The horrendous acts against certain races and peoples in our time, including endless controversies surrounding issues of race, could be stemming from the stark fear and dread harbored, consciously or subconsciously, by the already-cast members of this future evil race, in regard to their being marked physically as evil, in regard to the inevitable fact that in future embodiments they will carry the "mark of the beast." To use terminology from the science of psychology, racism is a projection and a reaction-formation as conscious or subconscious response to this inevitability. However, while certain individuals are already markedly evil, most people today still have a choice."
                >
                > What do you think people?, I am Mexican and very familiar with the USA where I have lived on and off for about 10 years of my life (I am 52). I can say that there, the racial integration is advancing rapidly, but not for all people. I can also see how bigotry and racial hatred are growing amongst certain sectors of that society. In Mexico race has never been a big issue, social and economic considerations are what keep us apart from each other.
                >
                > Probably what Martha Keltz wrote at http://www.tcpubs.com/brunnen/articles/ is right, and we are witnessing the polarities of the divide between the "Evil" and "Good" races of the future.
                >
                > In appreciation.
                >
                > Guillermo

                Hi Guillermo,
                I agree that racial integration has advanced very rapidly and when you write "except for some people" I assume you mean Mexicans in border areas. This shows how meanings of words have also changed rapidly. "Mexican" is a nationality, not a race, so whatever prejudice may exist in that area in not really racial - although the term has carried over from the past. I live in Argentina, where the same prejudices exist regarding the Bolivians and Peruvians who come to Argentina, which is somewhat more prosperous than their own countries.
                Regards,