To be a survivor (was: Escape from the Steiner Dungeon of Death)

    Message 1 of 85 , Dec 5, 2010
      Deep down in the smelly Abyss, Diana is still rambling on about nonsensical semantics, based on the principle that if PS has said something stupid, the stupidity must be defended at all costs. It's part of their Newspeak. In Nineteen Eighty-Four, you can say "Big Brother is good" in Newspeak but it's impossible to say the opposite. The closest would be, says Orwell, "Big Brother is ungood," but everybody would perceive this statement as totally illogical so it would make no sense to them. The same goes for the holefolks with regard to "The Pied Piper."

      But this is of no consequence. Speaking of semantics and word definitions, what does it mean to be a survivor? The holefolks promote the notion of Waldorf survivors in a manner intended to evoke associations with Holocaust survivors. The latter were rescued by invading armies. It make you wonder if the idea behind those lawsuits is to get swat teams to invade Waldorf schools, bust their basements, and release the prisoners.

      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 25, 2010
        Happy, merry, jolly Christmas day to you, Frank -- and to everybody else here. Yes, the Pythagoras chapter is the best in this book by Schuré, I think too.

        Incidentally, the original files (ms word docs and tif images) are up until James has downloaded them for the RS Archive after the holidays:

        http://uncletaz.com/gr-init-docs/