Re: When Pied Pipers play history

    Message 1 of 85 , Dec 4 9:35 AM

      > PS' remark is fascinating:
      > "I don't think Tarjei made it up, however. I think he either
      > misunderstood the exchange at the time or misremembered it a decade
      > later."

      _________________

      Here's another PS remark which is even fascinatinger (not king's English - Brooklyn):

      "Tarjei's first post appeared to attribute the first kind of utterance to Dan. As
      I pointed out, Dan made no such utterance. Tarjei's second post then attributed
      the second kind of utterance to Dan. As I pointed out, this has absolutely
      nothing to do with the first kind of utterance. If Tarjei was confused about
      this, it probably has to do with Dan's phrase "notice that Tarjei dares not
      speak its name," which Tarjei either misunderstood at the time or misremembered
      a decade later or misrepresented for some reason. Dan's phrase simply does not
      mean and cannot mean anything remotely similar to utterance A above. All Dan was
      saying is that Tarjei didn't use the word 'Aryan' in his list of Steiner's
      racial categories.

      What the hell is he saying: "...notice that Tarjei dares not speak its name..." and Peter claims that simply means that "Tarjei did not use the word Aryan in his list of Steiner' categories". That Tarjei doesn't understand this is attributed by PS to Tarjei being a non-native English speaker. Well, I AM a native English speaker and I don't understand it either When someone writes "dares not" it means ..guess what..."dares not". And I can only say that Peter S. is totally confused by the Montana weather of he has gone around the bend or is merely full of shit.
      Message 85 of 85 , Dec 25 9:12 AM
        Happy, merry, jolly Christmas day to you, Frank -- and to everybody else here. Yes, the Pythagoras chapter is the best in this book by Schuré, I think too.

        Incidentally, the original files (ms word docs and tif images) are up until James has downloaded them for the RS Archive after the holidays:

        http://uncletaz.com/gr-init-docs/